Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-02-2010, 03:22 AM   #85
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
carry pepper spray, if you happen upon him while he attempts something, you can teach him a lesson his father appearantly can't...
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:10 AM   #86
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Two words "chemical imbalance"
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:51 AM   #87
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Mcarney...So we should all prostrate ourselves before the smart mouth SOB's or have another smart mouth SOB try and say that if we don't we should not teach? Sounds like we found the source of the problem.
That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying professional teachers have control of their classroom. "Great" the kid was removed from the class, the teacher feels good for 3 days. However there will always be tension, the student will hate the teacher, and probably do bad in the class. If you do any research at all its a classic case of how not to manage inappropriate behavior in the classroom...

If your attitude towards your students is that they are smart ass sons of bitches than that's another issue.

When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself

mcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #88
Stovall-SS

Drives: 2010 SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarney View Post
Kids just want attention, he's obviously not getting it at home so he's going to do whatever he can to get it at school. IE being the class clown.

I've delt with kids like this before and the best thing to do for him is to show that you care. They'll be little shits at first but they'll eventually come around. It's not your job to disciple kids however it is your job to be a resource for a positive role model while they are at school.

Granted if a student threatened my car I'd be scared shitless but you can't let him know that. The best thing to do is to defuse the situation, tell him "I wouldn't mess with it, it will Transform and step on you". Who cares if its stupid. I know it's super hard but that's one of the joys of being an educator. Some kids you just have to relate to on a different level.

If your car matters more than the kids you shouldn't be teaching, if it doesn't you should check out a book called, "Star Teachers: the Ideology and Best Practice of Effective Teachers of Diverse Children and Youth in Poverty".
Wow great advice, I think I to was this kid when I was in school. My Math teacher Mr.Crandaf was the one person I hated in school and at the end of the school year he was my favorit teacher that helped me turn my life around.

Kill him with kindness!
RIP 1998 S-10 4.3 V-6 Turbo "You will be missed"
Stovall-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:02 AM   #89
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Mcarney..No, the smart mouth SOB's are the whining bleeding heart liberals who always make excuses for the punks in the crowd. THEY are the reason the bad behavior spreads. Holding them to standards and giving punishment when needed is what a good teacher does. A good paddling or butt whipping is what is needed. Yes, there is a self-esteem problem. They have way to much self esteem.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #90
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:

If your car matters more than the kids you shouldn't be teaching, ".
Where did this come from? Why is this even a question.

Quote:
I'm saying professional teachers have control of their classroom. "Great" the kid was removed from the class, the teacher feels good for 3 days. However there will always be tension, the student will hate the teacher, and probably do bad in the class. .
Well, those are the rules that she must follow per the school's policy. The school's crap ass policy.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #91
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainfield View Post
Wow---what a difference a day makes.

The student has been removed from my classroom for a few days. Hopefully this will give him some time to think about his actions and how they are affecting his future. The goal is that after his brief timeout, things will improve. I am hopeful, I have to be---I’m a Cubs fan and that is how we are made. We always believe that it will get better.

That doesn’t mean that I am a push over, if it doesn’t get better, I will move to the next step of the discipline plan.

But that isn’t the good news of the day; the good news is how wonderful everyone is. I have never met any of you in person. However, I got home from work about ½ hour ago and like always, I checked my facebook page and then I came to the forum to see what’s up. I have so many PM’s from you guys is it amazing. They are all so positive and supportive. Many of you are educators, or know an educator, or appreciate a teacher that you had in the past.

To know that so many people care about the well-being of someone else that they have never met in person, shows me that the world is full of wonderful people. Sometimes we think the world is falling apart, but that is because we watch the news and let the one or two negative people we come across taint our view of the world. Those negative people are the minority, and you proved that to me with all of the outpouring of well-wishes and support. Thank you.

And I know you also care about Bumblebee, so I’ll let you know that he is fine. The security that walk the perimeter of the building during the school day, have been told to keep an eye on him. They were so funny when they said they already do. They told me that the best part of their day is when they are assigned to that side of the building because they get to enjoy the view.
That is awesome glad to know you got people watching him while you're away.
And of course we care about our members (and their cars) - we're all here for the love of one thing - the Camaro - so anyone that loves them as much as we do is part of the family -- and family's stick by each other!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #92
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
This "kid" needs to either be in jail or get psychological help. Or both.

This is why I am not a high school teacher, but rather a college professor. I admire those of you who are willing to do that very hard work that also involves disciplining juveniles who have had bad parenting.

Good luck.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #93
LT5 John

Drives: 2010 RS/2LT Camaro / 2008 C6 Z06
What I would have said to him is, if you do anything to my car, or someone else does anything on the parking lot. I will hire the biggest bad A** to search you out off school grounds and stomp the living sh*t out of you...Oh, and by the way, I will have an alibi where I was all the time...So, you better hope no one bothers my car...Your word against mine...Who they gonna believe...

Last edited by LT5 John; 09-16-2010 at 06:28 PM.
LT5 John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #94
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
When you are the faculty person, you can't do that - no matter how much you'd like to. You have to take the high road.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #95
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Kids just want attention, he's obviously not getting it at home so he's going to do whatever he can to get it at school. IE being the class clown.

I've delt with kids like this before and the best thing to do for him is to show that you care. They'll be little shits at first but they'll eventually come around. It's not your job to disciple kids however it is your job to be a resource for a positive role model while they are at school.

Granted if a student threatened my car I'd be scared shitless but you can't let him know that. The best thing to do is to defuse the situation, tell him "I wouldn't mess with it, it will Transform and step on you". Who cares if its stupid. I know it's super hard but that's one of the joys of being an educator. Some kids you just have to relate to on a different level.

If your car matters more than the kids you shouldn't be teaching, if it doesn't you should check out a book called, "Star Teachers: the Ideology and Best Practice of Effective Teachers of Diverse Children and Youth in Poverty".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Mcarney...So we should all prostrate ourselves before the smart mouth SOB's or have another smart mouth SOB try and say that if we don't we should not teach? Sounds like we found the source of the problem.
Even if the teachers take the approach Mcarney stated, the kid still won't be getting the attention at home. THAT is the source of the problem and until the situation there gets fixed this kid will always have problems. The fact that he is acting like this in high school tells me it's too late to really solve the problem. Gotta curb those bad behaviors when they are young.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #96
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Oh wow..
Old 09-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #97
Oddball

Drives: attentively
It dosen't matter what kind of car you drive. Camaro or YUGO, its your CAR. And your car is always a target for those that want to get back at you for whatever reason.
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #98
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
i would say if you live in tx and it happenes and u catch em in the act then a mossberg pump is your best friends. 2nd amendment
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote