Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
ayousef

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Need some suspension help!!

Hope to learn something since im not the brightest when it comes to suspension work at least on the Camaro.

So with all the crap on my car, Pfadt ZL-spec anti sway bars and Nt-05 tires all around:

1) the rear ride height is perfect however the front needs to get lowered badly.

2) The rear-end feels soft in turns even in Sport mode, both front and rear sway bars are set at the "center" stiffness setting.

So im wondering, if I added front only drop coils from Pfadt, which have the same spring rates as the OEM ZL1 springs (as per Pfadt) and that should be good for a 0.75-1 inch drop, how do I balance out the rear which is already not to my liking all without ruining straight line traction.

Can I set the rear sway bar to the stiffest setting while keeping the front the way it is? Will that hurt the car's overall balance?

Finally, if I had the chance to install one and only ONE mod to the rear suspension to reduce wheel hop what would it be, please take into consideration that this is a 2013 ZL1.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I phrased the thread in a confusing manner

1150bhp Whipple 4.0 Supercharged 427ci Camaro ZL1
ayousef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Pedders Bushings!!!

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Are sways your only suspension mod so far? If so you need pfadt solid rear cradle bushings, especially at your power level.

pfadt also has coilovers that work with the mag ride, which you sjould check out.

We are finally getting the ball rolling with extreme innovations on a tubular rear cradle which will be solid mounted eliminating the need for rear bushings. It will also include tubular RUCA's, LCA's, toe rods, and trailing arms. Basically the whole rear package (thread with more info coming soon.)
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
Hope to learn something since im not the brightest when it comes to suspension work at least on the Camaro.

So with all the crap on my car, Pfadt ZL-spec anti sway bars and Nt-05 tires all around:

1) the rear ride height is perfect however the front needs to get lowered badly.

2) The rear-end feels soft in turns even in Sport mode, both front and rear sway bars are set at the "center" stiffness setting.

So im wondering, if I added front only drop coils from Pfadt, which have the same spring rates as the OEM ZL1 springs (as per Pfadt) and that should be good for a 0.75-1 inch drop, how do I balance out the rear which is already not to my liking all without ruining straight line traction.

I would suggest doing both front and rear. Doing only the front may give you the look you are after but it will likely negatively effect handling

Can I set the rear sway bar to the stiffest setting while keeping the front the way it is? Will that hurt the car's overall balance?

You can, but Middle/Middle is a good balance for a staggered wheel setup. I'd go full soft up front before going full hard on the rear.

Finally, if I had the chance to install one and only ONE mod to the rear suspension to reduce wheel hop what would it be, please take into consideration that this is a 2013 ZL1.

Pfadt solid subframe bushings

Thanks in advance and sorry if I phrased the thread in a confusing manner
I Posted my response above in BOLD. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
ayousef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
Are sways your only suspension mod so far? If so you need pfadt solid rear cradle bushings, especially at your power level.

pfadt also has coilovers that work with the mag ride, which you sjould check out.

We are finally getting the ball rolling with extreme innovations on a tubular rear cradle which will be solid mounted eliminating the need for rear bushings. It will also include tubular RUCA's, LCA's, toe rods, and trailing arms. Basically the whole rear package (thread with more info coming soon.)
I spoke to Craig about the rear cradle but I dont know if I want to be a guinea pig again with mods on the other hand I did add quite a bit of weight to the front end of the car and would love to have the front tubular cradle, possibly made in titanium if its feasible.

For the time being I only have the sway bars. I was trying to steer away from any solid bushings, perhaps poly/urethane bushings from Pedders, not sure what to expect with the solid subframe bushings.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
ayousef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
I Posted my response above in BOLD. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Thanks Tyler, the reason I didnt care about the front and why I specifically chose Pfadt for the springs is due to the fact that they maintain the same spring rates, so theoretically the front should get a little lower without messing with the ride.

Which makes me ask once again will solid bushings stiffen the rear a little bit enabling me to maintain my current sway bar settings?