Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #85
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
They're optional right?...
not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06blownSS View Post
I don't see how it can be worse... this was worst case scenario in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
If they do ever release a HUD for the Camaro you should be able to buy it separately and have it installed (like the 4 pack gauge cluster). Unless it will need a significant change the dash anyway
the HUD would require a special windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
My issue isnt with whats BEHIND me when I back up...
but whats coming from the SIDES that I cant see because of the huge C Pillar.
TOTALLY AGREE. the sides is the worst part. when i'm changing lanes or something THOSE blind spots are the worst ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
I'm not crazy about the looks of them either....BUT, had all the Camaros from day one in April had them, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. I doubt that anyone pre-ordering last winter would have cancelled thier order when they found out the car was being made with back up sensors....just sayin....
but they DIDN'T so that's a moot point. we have seen what it looks like without them and what it could look like on vehicles like the cadillac (CTS? i think) and this looks worse. i'm sure i'll get over it when i get my car and no one is going to think my car is ugly because of them, but it's still frustrating to know that they could have been done much better and made less noticeable, and weren't!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #86
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
blah... may have just turned me off of getting a 2ss, will have to wait and see them in person though

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #87
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Does anyone know if they are available as a retro fit? I want to add them to my early build. Those of you that actually have a 2010 Camaro now would understand. Backing is a challenge even if you are being carefull. I am afraid of dumb little kids on tricyles, short yellow poles, other cars bumpers, basketball goals, etc.

The bumper dots I can live with, the damage from not having the bumper dots is what I want to avoid if at all possible.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #88
socalicrusin

Drives: 2010 Camaro2SS/RS Summit White A6
Not a game changer--it just add to it all...

GM is tying to stay up to date on options and accessories...sometimes the function and form argument is in play and this is that time...yes, they should've/could've put the sensors in the diffuser it would've looked way better but would it have functioned properly given the avg height of bumpers on the market?

My car is going 3000 by months end (supposedly) 2SS RS so I don't have a choice and welcome additons that enhance the rides safety...I'm just sayin...
socalicrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #89
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
hey guys, we all hate bundling of options. I think that's the root cause of the uproar. Maybe we should just petition GM to allow an a la carte selection of options. So if you want leather, get leather. If you want Bluetooth, get bluetooth. If you want the USB port, get the USB port. If you want the back up sensor, get the back up sensors.

They bundle all these options up in order to rake in more profit. Profit is one thing, but I think they're bundling too much. You HAVE to get leather heated seats in the SS if you want Bluetooth. That makes little sense, except profit margin sense.

So I agree with most of you that this should be included as a stand alone option. But the only way to get it now is bundled with other options including the 2SS/2LT and C&C packages. Lets not nit pick whether or not 2SS is a different car from 1SS. They have the same performance specs and widened front fascia. They're the same car, with the same badges, just with different options.

They should just offer 1SS buyers the opportunity to purchase Leather OR bluetooth OR park assist if they want. I can understand if you want it all bundled together if you want it all and it saves you a couple bucks, but what is the gosh darn harm in offering un-bundled options?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #90
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Guess I'm in the minority, but I don't think they look bad at all. I wish mine had those, but being made this wk as a sold order it is my understanding I will not get them.:(
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #91
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badSS/RS View Post
Guess I'm in the minority, but I don't think they look bad at all. I wish mine had those, but being made this wk as a sold order it is my understanding I will not get them.:(
I dont mind them either...
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #92
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingr69 View Post
Does anyone know if they are available as a retro fit? I want to add them to my early build. Those of you that actually have a 2010 Camaro now would understand. Backing is a challenge even if you are being carefull. I am afraid of dumb little kids on tricyles, short yellow poles, other cars bumpers, basketball goals, etc.

The bumper dots I can live with, the damage from not having the bumper dots is what I want to avoid if at all possible.

-Mark.
i too am waiting for this information
Old 09-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #93
CmB
OMG Bumblebee!! UM NO!!

Drives: IMO 2SS RS LOADED!
I would say RR, means Ruined Rearend!

I personally love the technology; however I hate how they stick with this look as a solution to the issue. You would think they could find a nicer way to build it into the cars in the this day and age.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #94
Darsh 007

Drives: 2010 Camaro - 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
Somewhere in America or Canada there will be a child riding their tricycle or Big Wheel on the driveway. A parent will back-up, run over and kill their child. It may happen today, tomorrow, next week, but it WILL happen and it has happened in the past.
Ask the parent of that child how they feel about back-up sensors that spoiled the look of your bumper. Oh, you could always tell yourself or that parent "I`m carefull and always look behind my car before backing-up" and yes you probably are that safe but so was the parent of that child.
It`s your choice, a blemish on your bumper or a possibly dead child on your conscience.
I can live with the blemish but never the child`s death.
Thats the lowest common denominator. And this argument annoys me to no end. By this logic, we shouldn't drive cars. Too many people get killed by the things. The answer is simple. Parenting. If you choose to breed, you have the responsible to look after YOUR kid. Your neighbor doesn't have the responsibility to monitor that kid ALL the time. Which is in effect what this argument is.

As for the option itself, I could take it or leave it. It would be nice if it were a deletable option (and still maintaining every other option the 2LT/2SS has). But, c'est la vie.
2000 = Accepted By GM: 7/25/2009
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 7/29/2009
3800 = Produced: 8/31/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 9/14/2009
6000 = Woohoo!!!: 9/15/2009
Darsh 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #95
2010 CAMARO SS RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
curry chevy is my dealer!!! i am in yonkers though.
2010 CAMARO SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #96
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
hey guys, we all hate bundling of options. I think that's the root cause of the uproar
G'luck w/that. There's a reason that went away.... cost.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #97
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh 007 View Post
Thats the lowest common denominator. And this argument annoys me to no end. By this logic, we shouldn't drive cars. Too many people get killed by the things. The answer is simple. Parenting. If you choose to breed, you have the responsible to look after YOUR kid. Your neighbor doesn't have the responsibility to monitor that kid ALL the time. Which is in effect what this argument is.

As for the option itself, I could take it or leave it. It would be nice if it were a deletable option (and still maintaining every other option the 2LT/2SS has). But, c'est la vie.
That was the point I was trying to make with my post earlier, but I guess someone got offended by how I said it. I got a warning for it. Oh well, you live, you learn.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #98
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS1937 View Post
Wait until your neighbors 3 year old peddles behind you while you're backing out of the driveway!
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote