Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-12-2020, 08:57 AM   #15
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
The cam is just a stage two its not too big too tune right, you must have a really lousy local tuner, you should be dyno tuned and use Hp tuning and spend the time to go there, I use Tommy Wong in vancouver washington on his mustang dyno, You sound as though you've spent way too much already attempting to tune it..... So whatever you do its going to either involve remote tuning with sending back logged info maybe repeatedly.....or easier going to a dyno.... And finding someone who knows from years and years of tuning just how to tweak your tune easily, good god man.... most good tuners have Library of tune with similar mods and just clicking pasting one into your Camaro could solve your problem.... You must be using a handheld unit and where you are most likely you should have used Jannetty.....Good Luck
Old 07-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #16
Bartbart

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Unfortunately this experience is common. Ive paid a lot of money to the wrong people also. Find a better mechanic and tuner. I think theres more “hacks” out there than there r good high performance mechanics.
Bartbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #17
Randy V.B.

Drives: 2015 2ss 1le
Thanks everyone for the comments. I do all my own mechanic work but I cannot do the tuning unfortunately. I get to mind boggled by it all lol. The car idles so nice and does not bog on take off like it original did and wot is flawless. It’s just the damn decel bucking on the highway that drives me crazy. Its doing it at real light throttle and off the throttle completely is the worst. Maybe I’m being to damn picky lol l just thought it should not do that. With the amount of driveline slack the car has it sounds terribly hard on gear when it starts doing it so I just push the clutch in or gear down and keep the rpm’s around 3000 rpm and it’s good. Its really happy from 3000 and up. Again maybe I’m being to fussy and definitely am not out to mean mouth anyone but I’m just frustrated lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 camaro 2ss rs 1le. jannetty blower cam,jannetty fuel controler, jannetty tune, 1050 id injectors, Kooks long tube's with zl1 corsa extreme exhaust. lsa conversion 14 lbs boost. roto fab intake. afco intercooler, Mcleod rst. hotchkis lowering springs.z28 rims, copo hood

Randy V.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:00 AM   #18
Randy V.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
The cam is just a stage two its not too big too tune right, you must have a really lousy local tuner, you should be dyno tuned and use Hp tuning and spend the time to go there, I use Tommy Wong in vancouver washington on his mustang dyno, You sound as though you've spent way too much already attempting to tune it..... So whatever you do its going to either involve remote tuning with sending back logged info maybe repeatedly.....or easier going to a dyno.... And finding someone who knows from years and years of tuning just how to tweak your tune easily, good god man.... most good tuners have Library of tune with similar mods and just clicking pasting one into your Camaro could solve your problem.... You must be using a handheld unit and where you are most likely you should have used Jannetty.....Good Luck

Yes that is what I used, the SCT tuner and Jannetty for my mail order tune and got the dyno tune here local. Ted got it super close to perfect besides this. The local guy failed epically unfortunately. He was using hp tuners

2015 camaro 2ss rs 1le. jannetty blower cam,jannetty fuel controler, jannetty tune, 1050 id injectors, Kooks long tube's with zl1 corsa extreme exhaust. lsa conversion 14 lbs boost. roto fab intake. afco intercooler, Mcleod rst. hotchkis lowering springs.z28 rims, copo hood

Old 07-12-2020, 11:02 AM   #19
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Sounds like you really need to find the right tuner - it will without a doubt make or break your experience. That really isn't a ton of camshaft. I wouldn't expect it to be completely transparent, but it should be pretty reasonable with appropriate tuning.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:05 AM   #20
Randy V.B.

That is why I chose that particular cam. Didn’t seem to be overboard but has an awesome sounding idol and was told it was perfectly street able. I’m not expecting it to drive like normal by any means but it shouldn’t have the off throttle buck I would not think. But I’m not a tuner so what the hell do I know lol.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:11 AM   #21
Randy V.B.

Usually I have not noticed it so much because I only travel around home and we live in the sticks lol. But we are on a 1000 mile road trim and do you know what it’s like to explain to your wife on every hill why the car is bucking and why I ever touched it Lololol

Old 07-12-2020, 12:58 PM   #22
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Did you datalog and send the log to Ted for review? Or did he just send you a canned cam tune?

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:01 PM   #23
Randy V.B.

Yes I did a few data logs but this is close as we could get.

Old 07-12-2020, 01:47 PM   #24
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Damn, sorry to hear that. :( Have you thought about sending the datalog to TSP to see if they can point anything out?

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:55 PM   #25
Randy V.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Damn, sorry to hear that. :( Have you thought about sending the datalog to TSP to see if they can point anything out?

Now that I have not done. Maybe I’ll get in touch with them and see what they say. I’ll try anything but am gunshy now of spending any more money on tunes unless I get a guaranteed it will run right. With the exchange on the money it’s expensive as hell getting these tunes from the USA. I guess I can live with what I have but it’s a bit annoying lol

Old 07-12-2020, 05:16 PM   #26
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Might want to ask around in the HP Tuners forum. Those guys are pretty sharp and might suggest something unheard of.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:49 AM   #27
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Is there any possibility that it is not the cam itself but a different issue?
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:59 AM   #28
catman3516

Drives: 2011 camero 2lt coupe
which LSA did you get the cam in? Maybe its tuned for a higher LSA, and its being overlooked. Reason I say that, cas you are bucking at a set rpm ,and the ecm is not tuned for the correct LSA in that power band.
catman3516 is offline   Reply With Quote