Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #85
xLoGiK1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
nah, im a nice guy. we have excellent cameras in our cars and attached to our uniforms for those who make unfounded complaints against our officers.
I was joking around you seem like a nice guy so it's cool to actually have a conversation with a cool cop besides my neighbor lol.
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #86
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
im not a designated traffic officer, but i could care less about making money for the city. i just do my job to enforce the laws and make the streets safe for our citizens.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #87
camaro guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
I was joking around you seem like a nice guy so it's cool to actually have a conversation with a cool cop besides my neighbor lol.
yeah everyone always loves the neighborhood cops. i get a lot of neighbors asking questions. my answers are always honest and free.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #88
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by rally yellow ss rs View Post
Call 911 and say you have been followed for 20 miles and that there is a cop trying to pull u over and your not comfortable with stopping in the middle of no where. While doing this have your blinker on to pull over and go slower. If he never lit up the lights than pull off to a gas station and if he still follows call it in. Never trust anyone at 3 am. Cops are sketchy and you never know how jealous they may be. Your word against his so put your camera phone on video and record every second of it. Cops should not abuse thei power. I have a concealed weapon permit and therefore he has nothing on me. He will see I am carrying from my plate and think twice. You are your own first line of defense.
Spoken like a paranoid criminal.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #89
xLoGiK1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
yeah everyone always loves the neighborhood cops. i get a lot of neighbors asking questions. my answers are always honest and free.
Off-topic, do you have a video of your exhaust?
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #90
camaro guy

i have a video from just the mufflers but didnt take one for the headers added. if you would like, i could take one soon.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #91
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
wanted to see the car.
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #92
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
This happend a long long time ago. Once I was pulled over by a local small town cop who told me he knows that I like to party. And that every chance he got he was going to pull me over till he caught me drinking and driveing. I told my uncle who apparently went to high school with him and apparently they didn't get along because of a lady. My uncle spoke to him and I never go pulled over by him again. But like I said this was like 20yrs. ago and times have changed since.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #93
iluvmy67camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel
Only been pulled over once in my Camaro for speeding, and it wasn't even my ticket to be had. It was the white Suburban that flew by me in the lane to the left, but the Officer saw my Red Jewel Camaro and though I was slowing to take an exit, pulled me over and gave me the ticket. Not much I could say or do as I was out of town when the court date came up, so I paid it.

As far as profiling... Try going through the gates at Fort Benning. I've been "selected" for vehicle inspection so many times by the security officers (I've lost count) that now when they do it (in the actual lane) I put on the 1812 Overture and don't leave the lane until it's over. I sit there and have the speakers blasting every single gun and cannon blast until the very end. When it's over (about 12 minutes later) I tell them to have a nice day. I block up traffic who knows how many deep and there isn't anything they can do about it. One of these days the will get a clue. And yes, the first time it happened they told me it was because they wanted to check out my car.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #94
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Why is it incredible? I agree that cops are just people doing a job. But an officer pulling a car over (getting behind the person and hitting the lights and or siren) and then just walking up and saying "I just wanted to check out your car" is totally out of line dude! It's a total ABUSE OF POWER thing don't you get it? Because when you get behind someone and pull them over as a police officer you are intimidating that person - AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE. That person doesn't know you just want to check out their car. The person is probably nervous and wonderng ehat they did wrong. If you want to check out their car on a "person" to "person" level then pull up along side them , roll down your window and say "hey nice ride! Can you pull over and let me check it out?"

All I ask is please if you pull me over please have a legitimate and legal reason.
I couldn't agree with you any more. Everything you said is absolutely correct. If they truly want to see the car take a trip to the local Chevy dealer. Don't abuse your power by wasting people's time with illegitimate "pull overs". I would be the first to file a complaint on that dude. I've seen in too many cases cops abusing their "power" just because they can because there are so many citizens out here WHO DON'T KNOW THEIR RIGHTS. I'm waiting for the day that a cop pulls me over and ask can he search my vehicle so I can kindly reply HELL NO and you won't until you get a warrant or have legitimate suspicion to check my car which they never will because I don't do drugs, don't drink and drive, and don't drive with weapons in my ride. People pa-lease educate yourselves.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #95
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
But like I said this was like 20yrs. ago and times have changed since.
Don't bet on that.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #96
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
2 words: shizz happens :P
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #97
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyov View Post
Happened to me once before. Saw the police officer tailgating me for about 15 miles before he decided to pull me over at about 2:30 am. (I was going 70, the speed limit, the entire time). He asked me what I was doing. I responded "driving." Noticing my smart ass response, he asked me where and I said none of your business. I asked him the reason he pulled me over and he said because you I was "suspicious." I asked him if he was told during training that in order to pull someone over for a traffic infraction they must have at least reasonable suspicion. He didnt respond. I then asked him what about me driving was suspicious. He declined to respond. He then said I was speeding and asked for my license & registration (I also give him my Florida Bar Card for shits and giggles). I then let him know he was from Miami-Dade police and we were in Broward County, and this was an illegal stop. He gave me my documents back and said slow down. I asked for his name and badge number which he gave me and I wrote a complaint about him to his department a few days later.

I love enforcing my rights.
You will find some like that eveywhere. Part of it.
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #98
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
Not much goes on at 3:30AM. He's just doing his job patrolling the highway. He saw a sports car, followed it for a bit and then pulled you over to check and make sure everything was okay. He was just doing his job and he's well within his right to pull anyone over for any reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
Umm, I don't think so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
That's such a load.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Some people don't mind having their time wasted and some do. Too bad some cops have to try to make us see what the early 1940s Germany must have been like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melody301 View Post
I hope you aren't one of those people that would let a cop search your car just because he asks to although he has no warrant or suspicion to do so. When are we going to stop allowing them to pull the wool over our heads.
Bingo!

This thread reminded me of the following video:

The guy was pulled over for goin 2 mph over the limit, sure. The officer just wanted to search his car and/or question him.

Some people think that is acceptable and don't mind giving up their rights.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Benjamin Franklin -
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote