Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 02-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #29
Our Nightmare
Stock??? LOL

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
1. UnknownWarrior
2. Autobotbee
3. Firewraith
4. Drigar
5. T/A Taz
6. Chrisrp454
7. Johnnyma45
8. WrkrBee (dreamst8)
9. mastertypodemon
10. KE5WDQ x2
11. Tachyon
12. The RC3 (maybe)
13. madmaxx18
14. jmhenry5150
15. Darth Camaro
16. Our Nightmare
Old 03-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #30
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hopefully I can go this time

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #31
WhiteLighting2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS White/Black
1. UnknownWarrior
2. Autobotbee
3. Firewraith
4. Drigar
5. T/A Taz
6. Chrisrp454
7. Johnnyma45
8. WrkrBee (dreamst8)
9. mastertypodemon
10. KE5WDQ x2
11. Tachyon
12. The RC3 (maybe)
13. madmaxx18
14. jmhenry5150
15. Darth Camaro
16. Our Nightmare
17. WhiteLighting2010
Old 03-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #32
Drigar
SYSADM

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS,CGM,A6
Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #33
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
This isn't with the Lone Star Camaro club is it?

I got all confused with that last time on who was going when and with who. Don't want to make that mistake again.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #34
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
No, its not its just independent group of folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
This isn't with the Lone Star Camaro club is it?

I got all confused with that last time on who was going when and with who. Don't want to make that mistake again.

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #35
caverman

1. UnknownWarrior
2. Autobotbee
3. Firewraith
4. Drigar
5. T/A Taz
6. Chrisrp454
7. Johnnyma45
8. WrkrBee (dreamst8)
9. mastertypodemon
10. KE5WDQ x2
11. Tachyon
12. The RC3 (maybe)
13. madmaxx18
14. jmhenry5150
15. Darth Camaro
16. Our Nightmare
17. WhiteLighting2010
18. Caverman

Hope we can get up some speed. I ended up not actually going around the track at the last one because it was taking so long and was SUPER hot.

I heard the LSC group was kept to arount the 60 mph range. LAME!!! Lets hope that doesn't happen.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 03-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #36
Johnnyma45
Former Camaro Owner

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger R/T
Quote:
Hope we can get up some speed. I ended up not actually going around the track at the last one because it was taking so long and was SUPER hot.

I heard the LSC group was kept to arount the 60 mph range. LAME!!! Lets hope that doesn't happen.
Wait now I'm confused - I thought that huge group last time was the LSC group? And the second group later that day was the random owners group? I went with the first, big group...got up to 90.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #37
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
Wait now I'm confused - I thought that huge group last time was the LSC group? And the second group later that day was the random owners group? I went with the first, big group...got up to 90.
That is correct. Large group and it took forever......plus you'll get strong armed into joining LSC on the spot if you ride with them.
Build Journal
Old 03-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #38
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
Quote:
That is correct. Large group and it took forever......plus you'll get strong armed into joining LSC on the spot if you ride with them.
The Lone Star Camaro group does not "Strong Arm" anyone to join, but if you are going to attend the Lone Star Camaro Club events like Caverman and eat our food and participate in our events, we do ask that you join. He has done that at our January and March events without being "Strong Armed". I simply asked him if he would like to attend our events, that he join the club !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #39
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
The Lone Star Camaro group does not "Strong Arm" anyone to join, but if you are going to attend the Lone Star Camaro Club events like Caverman and eat our food and participate in our events, we do ask that you join. He has done that at our January and March events without being "Strong Armed". I simply asked him if he would like to attend our events, that he join the club !!
Wrong....I didn't touch any food or drink at your January meet on purpose because I wasn't a member. I know you can't say I did because I'm 100% sure I didn't and I had to beat me son off the pizza because we weren't members.

I did have coke and one small sandwich at the dyno because the guys standing their asked me if I wanted one. I assumed those were being provided by Momentum that's why I took them up on the offer....otherwise I wouldn't have because I'm not a member. Make sure your members know not to offer anyone food or drink unless they are holding a memebership card.

And what do you consider particiapting in an event? You didn't see my car go up on the dyno nor did I buy any vinyl from Big Worm for a discount at that event in January. I didn't run with the group at TMS when I showed up there either nor did I meet up at the flight memorial and cruised with the group to TMS. I guess I particpated by showing up and talking to people.....guilty there even though pretty much every thread about LSC events mention to come out even if you're not a memeber.

And to say "I simply asked him if he would like to attend our events, that he join the club!"....wrong again. That would have been the proper way to do it. In reality it was "You NEED to join the club if your are going to keep coming to the events" those were your exact words....I still haven't forgotten them espcially since you proceded to cut into the middle of a conversation I was having and basically called me out in front of couple other people standing there. I'll be honest....you offended me by doing that especially in front of other people to where they could hear it. IMO that's strong arming.....maybe not in your opinion but it is in mine.

I've been to 4 LCS events of which I was asked to join on two of them and told to join on one.

It's not just me. I've had conversations with at least 3 other people that mentioned how they didn't like the pressure to join.

I will join if I "participate" in another LCS event but that should because I want to and not because I'm told to. Then again your group should refrain from saying to come to the events even if you're not a member if that's not really true.

As someone that has been an intrigal part of running the most successfull 1st Gen Camaro club for over a decade now I can promise people ask us to join...we NEVER tell them to join. There is a reason why we consistently have 100+ members (currently 129). Don't belive me....take a look at www.NorthTxCamaros.com. It's the reason why you don't have any 1st Gen members.

I've said my piece.....let's not make this any worse than it is. I wasn't going to post anything about my experience but since you want to try to call me out in front of everyone again I had to share my side of the story.
Build Journal
Old 03-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #40
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
i went to 3 lsc events and NEVER had someone tell me i NEED to join. when i went to the 4th i joined but it wasnt because i was told too. if you hated being asked to join so much why keep going to lsc events?

Quote:
Wrong....I didn't touch any food or drink at your January meet on purpose because I wasn't a member. I know you can't say I did because I'm 100% sure I didn't and I had to beat me son off the pizza because we weren't members.

I did have coke and one small sandwich at the dyno because the guys standing their asked me if I wanted one. I assumed those were being provided by Momentum that's why I took them up on the offer....otherwise I wouldn't have because I'm not a member. Make sure your members know not to offer anyone food or drink unless they are holding a memebership card.

And what do you consider particiapting in an event? You didn't see my car go up on the dyno nor did I buy any vinyl from Big Worm for a discount at that event in January. I didn't run with the group at TMS when I showed up there either nor did I meet up at the flight memorial and cruised with the group to TMS. I guess I particpated by showing up and talking to people.....guilty there even though pretty much every thread about LSC events mention to come out even if you're not a memeber.

And to say "I simply asked him if he would like to attend our events, that he join the club!"....wrong again. That would have been the proper way to do it. In reality it was "You NEED to join the club if your are going to keep coming to the events" those were your exact words....I still haven't forgotten them espcially since you proceded to cut into the middle of a conversation I was having and basically called me out in front of couple other people standing there. I'll be honest....you offended me by doing that especially in front of other people to where they could hear it. IMO that's strong arming.....maybe not in your opinion but it is in mine.

I've been to 4 LCS events of which I was asked to join on two of them and told to join on one.

It's not just me. I've had conversations with at least 3 other people that mentioned how they didn't like the pressure to join.

I will join if I "participate" in another LCS event but that should because I want to and not because I'm told to. Then again your group should refrain from saying to come to the events even if you're not a member if that's not really true.

As someone that has been an intrigal part of running the most successfull 1st Gen Camaro club for over a decade now I can promise people ask us to join...we NEVER tell them to join. There is a reason why we consistently have 100+ members (currently 129). Don't belive me....take a look at www.NorthTxCamaros.com. It's the reason why you don't have any 1st Gen members.

I've said my piece.....let's not make this any worse than it is. I wasn't going to post anything about my experience but since you want to try to call me out in front of everyone again I had to share my side of the story.
www.lonestarcamaro.com
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #41
lightner75
LoneStar Camaro

Drives: 2010 cyber gray 2ss
I to joined the lsc group not because i was asked too or told too...I joined because i wanted too..I have been a member now for 6 months and enjoyed everyone of them...They are a great group of people to hang with and the club raises and donates money to great charitable events..

lightner75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #42
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

No,you just like to take cheap little shots.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote