Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #99
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizmo029 View Post
I just Googled Bright Yellow GM and saw the paint code in a 77 Vette. Looks like it is a lighter shade of yellow. We'll see how it looks. Exciting stuff.
not the same color.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #100
agkelly73

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Fbodfather (Scott)....THANK YOU guys for bringing back the Z28. I know quite a few of us in the Camaro South crew were happy to see that! Also, I know some may not see it but IMO the rear tail lights are more true to the 69 Camaro than the current twin tail light setup. Current models seem to resemble the 67-68 with the double lens set up. Overall, I like the changes and am looking forward to seeing them in person.
agkelly73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #101
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
So, you're saying there's a chance for blue? Get this man a date with those women! LOL
Old 03-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #102
jay_beltran805

Drives: Tahoe, Chrysler 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
not the same color.
Hello sir, are we gonna get to see any pictures for the 1LE package soon? hopefully a z28 spoiler
jay_beltran805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #103
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
....and I need a date with Sandy Bullock and Ivanka Trump..........
If the Z28 comes with a date with Ivanka Trump I'll pre-order now...
Old 03-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #104
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Color HUD. Jealous.
This is the only thing I really want from the '14
Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #105
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
The Z28 is above and beyond anything I could have hoped for. Did I misunderstand or are the color choices for it limited? Please tell me I can get the Z28 in Blue Ray Metallic. I won't complain about no other Blue options, just tell me I will be able to at least get it in the one Blue option that is available.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #106
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
That's terrible news for the ZL1. You get the bad half of the new update. I'm not sure what I will do now. I'm glad Recaros are optional now. The Z28 looks pretty sharp except for the hood.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #107
OC ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 AGM
2014 Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst equipped View Post
hum.. i hope they won't get those nasty taillights...
Quote:
not the same color.
There have been many people waiting for the new Z28. I have to say from my opinion the product results are mixed. On the plus side are the mechanical changes: carbon ceramic brake package, lighter wheels, LS7, and recaro seats. Not so good: revised front facia, rear tail lights, rear diffuser, rear spoiler, wheel arch extensions. Far and away the worst new feature is the hood vent. Props to those who like the new car. On the whole, I am not a fan.

I am thrilled that I bought the '13 ZL1. Much classier styling IMO. I would have liked the recaro seats as an option!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #108
MikeGstayUp

Drives: 2013 SS in the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
What was the white exterior on the z28 called? Is that not going to be offered?
I was thinking the same thing. To me it appeared to look like a pearl white....hmmm
Old 03-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #109
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I think the chrome strip is part of the RS package.
The Z28 cannot get the RS package so HID headlights and the LED tail lights are out.
Looking forward to 1LE info and design as well!
I believe he meant as in buying them and swapping them out yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCEADDiCTBOY View Post
So the GFX is discontinued...

...SOOOOOO... What does that mean for us that had it installed part of our car build? How long will they maintain supply? Also, if down the road something happens to the front end - does that mean we can't get it replaced?
It is deleted for the 2014 model only... 2013's will still have them and of course you will be able to buy a replacement. I don't recall the time span but they have to for so many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenIndy500 View Post
Hmmmm no HID, no LEDs, no cushion in the rear seats, no speakers and heck they even removed the wiring to save a pound. So it’s not going to be easy to retrofit. Did I miss something or couldn’t you always order the Z28 RPO with all trim levels and an automatic?? What about a Z28 Vert?? Finally after waiting for what seemed a lifetime for the Z28 to return it comes in only one limited model flavor… Hmmmm
If they did all that it wouldn't be true to the Z/28 name from what I understand.

Overall I really like the new design. LS7 FTW!!! And a color HUD and DIC finally! The rear is growing on me, if I were to buy one it would be a Z/28, I'd swap the tail lights perhaps, and drop in some aftermarket Fog lights.

But I am curious, the photos show a stereo in the Z/28? How does that work if there is only one speaker for the door chime? Speakers would be a nice option like the optional A/C. I want a Z/28, but it does not have to be the lightest thing on the track, if so I could just drop 100 pounds from my waist and call it a day...
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #110
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS22 View Post
No Bright Blue !!!!! When will they listen to us!?!?!?! Im sick of this.
Yep, this has been a problem for Chevy for a while. The guys on the Corvette side have been saying the same thing. Need MORE brighter Blues! The C7 Vette is coming with Laguna Blue so that will kinda help on the Vette side. As for the Camaro they should keep making that Hot Wheels Blue color. That color looks really good.

In a video posted recently on YouTube, Ed Welburn was asked about the boring, darker, greyish colors that GM does so much of and he said they (at GM) feel that buyers want "safe" colors that dont really stand out that much...

Uhhhhh WRONG Mr. Welburn!... I want a color that DOES stand out. Brighter colors, not boring colors.
JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #111
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC6 View Post
Hot Wheels Blue is real cool and Inferno Orange is also bada$$, 2013 Camaro is what I'm getting!!! Hot Wheels Blue or Inferno Orange I got until April 19, HELP!!!
Get that Bad @$$ Hot Wheels Blue . That color looks GREAT.
JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:41 AM   #112
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR3 View Post
Yep, this has been a problem for Chevy for a while. The guys on the Corvette side have been saying the same thing. Need MORE brighter Blues! The C7 Vette is coming with Laguna Blue so that will kinda help on the Vette side. As for the Camaro they should keep making that Hot Wheels Blue color. That color looks really good.

In a video posted recently on YouTube, Ed Welburn was asked about the boring, darker, greyish colors that GM does so much of and he said they (at GM) feel that buyers want "safe" colors that dont really stand out that much...

Uhhhhh WRONG Mr. Welburn!... I want a color that DOES stand out. Brighter colors, not boring colors.
I gotta agree... maybe safe colors for the Impala or the Buick's... but this is a CAMARO! Bold beautiful, colors should match. Way too many Reds IMO. Ford has plenty of blues... let's get moving Chevy!

If they are revamping the Lansing Grand River plant for the 6th Gen they need to make the color capacity twice that of the Oshawa plant... I mean how much can that add to the overall renovation cost of the plant? Considering the overhauled the Oshawa plant and now this one, they have the money especially for the top selling performance car 3 years running