Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-21-2020, 12:30 PM   #1
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
hard start / no start when hot issue is now going to court against chevy

saw a vid on youtube saying this is being brought to court, as it should be. this should be a recall. hopefully itll be solved.
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:32 PM   #2
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
I was getting pissed at the slow starting on mine when it was hot....

It's the ground in the trunk. They painted the trunk where the battery grounds to the body. Rather than using the 3/4" circle on the ground lug, it just uses the bolt threads to do the grounding. Took a wire wheel to the area, gooped full of dielectric grease, and my car starts better than it ever has.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:57 PM   #3
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
I was getting pissed at the slow starting on mine when it was hot....

It's the ground in the trunk. They painted the trunk where the battery grounds to the body. Rather than using the 3/4" circle on the ground lug, it just uses the bolt threads to do the grounding. Took a wire wheel to the area, gooped full of dielectric grease, and my car starts better than it ever has.

i did that already as well, it was working better until it got REALLY hot then no start again...not sure thats the solution.
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:06 PM   #4
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
i did that already as well, it was working better until it got REALLY hot then no start again...not sure thats the solution.
I added power master high torque starter, and then added more air in the start up table. Powers up fine now, but still does need a few more tweaks
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:57 AM   #5
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I have a feeling this will go no where or I could see them offering a thicker heat shield for the starter.

I think the key is to add an extra ground strap or two and then keep the other connections very very clean. Most of my connections get filthy and I’ll clean them up once or twice a year depending on how nasty they look. I’m still on a stock starter that’s 6 years old as well and it works great.

Add some heat protection around the starter and either wrap or coat your headers. That’ll help along with the extra grounds and clean connections.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote