Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-16-2008, 11:25 PM   #141
Team Monte Carlo SS

Drives: Trans Am WS6
I LIKE THE OUTSIDE DESIGN,BUT I AINT TOO HOT ON THE INTERIOR DONT MEAN I AINT GON BUY IT THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYDAY IS A CHEVY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Team Monte Carlo SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:10 AM   #142
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
I hope the final product does not look as cheap inside as these pictures show. There was much more metal looking chrome pieces in the concepts which gave it a more updscale look as well as a retro look. The older cars all had those crhome pieces which gave it a more quality feel. This all looks like cheap plastic which would be extremely dissapointing

Somehow this is just not living up to the look of the interior of the concept. I hope they offer an interior upgrade that looks a little more like the concepts interior

Also, the way the heating and AC vents are positioned just do not look like they flow right with the dash. The concept look was much better. The more I compare to the concept the less I like it.

Those little turn knobs I would assume to control the flow of air really look out of place. Might want to look at something that is more incorporated into the vents themselves

I think I am just to spoiled. Just bought a new Avalanche LTZ and my wife got a new 08 CTX and those interiors are really well thought out and just drip with quality. This interior does not really look to have the same feel, or maybe in real life it will. Guess will just have to wait and see. Still love the car though. Hoping for some different front light set up though. Hope they have some real quality upgrades on the Z28 and SS

Last edited by Nickdago; 05-17-2008 at 03:24 AM.
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:43 AM   #143
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdago View Post
I hope the final product does not look as cheap inside as these pictures show. There was much more metal looking chrome pieces in the concepts which gave it a more updscale look as well as a retro look. The older cars all had those crhome pieces which gave it a more quality feel. This all looks like cheap plastic which would be extremely dissapointing

Somehow this is just not living up to the look of the interior of the concept. I hope they offer an interior upgrade that looks a little more like the concepts interior

Also, the way the heating and AC vents are positioned just do not look like they flow right with the dash. The concept look was much better. The more I compare to the concept the less I like it.

Those little turn knobs I would assume to control the flow of air really look out of place. Might want to look at something that is more incorporated into the vents themselves

I think I am just to spoiled. Just bought a new Avalanche LTZ and my wife got a new 08 CTX and those interiors are really well thought out and just drip with quality. This interior does not really look to have the same feel, or maybe in real life it will. Guess will just have to wait and see. Still love the car though. Hoping for some different front light set up though. Hope they have some real quality upgrades on the Z28 and SS
First, welcome to the site!

Second, you have some great points. You know, we haven't seen the final product yet. So, I'm holding off on my final judgement until unveil day. Those older interior pix could have been leaked to get our reaction on the possible altered interior they were thinking about for final production. Well, everyone gave their input, that's for sure! These pix here look to be the same exact interior.

If GM listened to all the input, changes could very well have been made. Personally, I'd like to see some changes too....a little larger LCD screen, different ac vents and controls, etc. We'll just have to wait and see. Oh, and I too would have liked to see some more chrome like the concept had. Now, if GM could only figure out how to make chrome looking parts w/out all the weight of chrome and w/out "chrome" flaking off of plastic parts.

Hopefully it'll be nice and do the concept justice. I know the team at GM won't let us down.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:06 AM   #144
Nickdago

Well if the chrome pieces weigh a little more we will just have to make up for it with a little more horsey power. Works for me. Also, I hope they make some modifications. This car has the potential to be a great car, hate to see them go cheap on the interior, especially with all of the recent GM success's like the CTX, SUV and Truck Interiors and the Malibu. They have really been moving in a very positive way and hope they have the same dedication to quality on the Camaro.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:19 AM   #145
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Completely agree and think it'll have a much more up to date interior. Honestly, if there was one thing I could change about my 02 SS, it would be the waaaaaaay outdated interior. Seriously, it's like...10 years old.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:42 AM   #146
Nickdago

Hope they can keep that chrome funnell look they have in the concept for the speedo and tach, that really looks trick, or sick as my kids would say. Like the way the console guages look even if they are not all that convienent to look at. This new Camaro would look really good in the garage next to my C5 Z06. Hope they do it right because I have been waiting a while for this car.

One of the reasons I really do not like the mustang, it has a really cheap looking interior. even the new challenger has a very boxy plastic interior which really does not live up to the exterior. Hope the Camaro sets the new standard, it would be worth a few extra bucks to me.

Last edited by Nickdago; 05-17-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:32 AM   #147
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
It's looking good, but there are alot of things I'm missing. Like others have said, I'm not digging the radio, and that's going to be hard to replace since it's all curved and all. No sportshift/paddle shifters? They'll get laid away by the automotive press if that's not available. And yes, I want a nav system. I don't want to have a screen suctioned on the windshield! That being said, I'll still buy one, but people who arn't Camaro enthusiast's might not so I'm hopeing there will still be some suprises. Oh, the gages on the floor are soooooo coool!!

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #148
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I like the interior, but I am dissapointed the speedometer uses 1969 font with 20 mph increments and small, tiny, squeezed hash marks for each mph.

That's one thing GM should NOT do retro. I sure hope they change the speedo font and increments before production. Every car built today should have large, easy to read at a glance markers that are in 10 mph increments and nice spacing between hash marks.

As for a SHUNT...... A shunt is an electronics or electrical term. It's a part of a circuit that is basically designed for protection of another part of the circuit. It acts the opposite of a fuse or circuit breaker. When it senses excessive current, the shunt shorts to direct voltage around the bad part of the circuit to avoid damage. (Shunting circuits are also used in small electronics like stereo receivers with capacitors to direct excessive high frequencies to ground).

The engineers have obviously installed a shunting circuit in the trunk as protection should something go wrong. They probably haven't finalized all the tollerances and voltage/current readings for the car's electrical system (you know those service manuals with all the electrical diagrams and schematics that have 400 pages in them? Right now is when the engineers are writing it for your Camaro when you need that book 10 years from now). Should a problem occurr, the shunt shorts, bypasses the bad circuit, but the good parts of the circuit are still operating. The car may still be able to drive back to the garage with limited use of the electrical components (unless it kills the fuel pump and fuel injection)

OTOH, Shunt could also be the last guy to ask Fbodfather about the headlights

Last edited by fastball; 05-17-2008 at 11:50 AM.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #149
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
That's one thing GM should NOT do retro. I sure hope they change the speedo font and increments before production. Every car built today should have large, easy to read at a glance markers that are in 10 mph increments and nice spacing between hash marks.
I completely agree with you. My car has 10 mph increments, but there is enough room for the numbers because it goes up to a whopping 115 mph. When I drive a car with 20 mph increments I tend to speed to get up to the next number, 60 lol. But most new cars that I have noticed in, they have 20 mph gaps, I'll just have to live with it. Plus the digital display will be able to display speed.

I also agree with some that the interior isn't the greatest but I say this is just a V6 car and upper level cars will most likely have upgrades in styles and colors so we shouldn't worry too much. Honestly I'm not an interior guy and as long as there are some gauges and the engine is kick A$$ I will be happy.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #150
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro10 View Post
It's looking good, but there are alot of things I'm missing. Like others have said, I'm not digging the radio, and that's going to be hard to replace since it's all curved and all. No sportshift/paddle shifters? They'll get laid away by the automotive press if that's not available. And yes, I want a nav system. I don't want to have a screen suctioned on the windshield! That being said, I'll still buy one, but people who arn't Camaro enthusiast's might not so I'm hopeing there will still be some suprises. Oh, the gages on the floor are soooooo coool!!
Most of the automotive press order the manuals anyways... i think that we'll see paddles on this car seeing as GM came out with the paddle shift a while ago in a Grand Prix i believe... I'm not really all too concerned because i'm getting a manual (that is is it is offered on the V6 if not... well I'll be driving either a Mustang or a G5)
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #151
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Quote:
OTOH, Shunt could also be the last guy to ask Fbodfather about the headlights

I like that explanation better
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #152
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Quote:
I like the interior, but I am dissapointed the speedometer uses 1969 font with 20 mph increments and small, tiny, squeezed hash marks for each mph.

Yeah, I'm also concerned about how easy those gauges are going to be to read. I used to have a Hyundai Elantra that had its speedo in 20 MPH increments, but it was very easy to read because of the design of the hash marks and size and font used for the numerals. Of course, that car had a much more utilitarian purpose than the Camaro, but still, there's certainly a better way to do the design of the Camaro's gauges and still maintain an appropriate look and feel for the car.
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #153
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Great site, couldn't hold my tongue any longer.
1) I'm surprised you folks missed the rear view mirror.
2) B-pillar; Door post?
3) Someone thump the doors and front fenders with a knuckle, tell me if it rings or thuds... I gotta know.
4) I like those headlights!

The A/C vents can be round ducts with tennis balls shoved in em to divert the air for all I care, and the radio won't be seeing much "on" time either, it wrecks the exhaust sound. The console gauges are almost perfect, just tilt them toward the driver. One more thing...PLEASE DON'T put adjustable pedals in the manual trans car, my wife can't drive it if she can't reach the pedals
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #154
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
is that a screen tho or is it a sticker...