Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2016, 07:40 AM   #197
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
Not as easy to earn 10% on your money consistently year after year as you are making it sound. If you have then good for you. Also as you get older it is less wise to invest in higher risk instruments as you could get caught in a down turn when you can afford it the least. Investors including foreign governments are scarfing up US treasury's at a fraction of 10%. Most long term successful investors are widely diversified to lower their risk which of course lowers your rate of return. Not trying to make this an investment thread but the success of the example is based on the expected rate of return which in today's economy is not typical.
I used to think widely diversified was protection. Not so much, after the 2007-2008 recession. I track all the markets bi-weekly. You can lay the graphs on top of each other. Sure there's some protection from individual company performance. But the blue chips track together + or - a hair. An older person should begin pulling significant portions out of the market completely, at some point as retirement approaches. I had friends that lost their retirements and had to return to work after 07-08.

But to the original topic, my situation is better if I borrow rather than pay cash.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:54 AM   #198
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
Nah, they do 0% financing on MSRP sometimes lower than MSRP or you could take the 20% off. Normally at end of the model year.
As a matter of fact, Dodge is current offering $2K off MSRP + 0% APR for 60 months on Scat Packs... tempting.