Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-27-2017, 06:20 AM   #1
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Thanks Bruce and FR for some stand up service!

Last year I bought a set of chrome FR41s for my Camaro and was in love with the new look of the car.

After the nice weather was over, I switched back to my steel wheels to get ready for the cold weather, and when I got my FR41s off the car, I noticed that the backs of them were marred like crazy. So I snapped a few photos, and posted a question on this site.

3 of the 4 looked like this.

I wasn't asking for a handout from Factory Reproductions, I was just wondering what I could do to prevent further issues. Bruce reached out to me, asked me a few questions, and without charging me a dime, mailed out 4 new rims and return labels. Came home from work to this, just a few days later.

I took my car over to the shop, and we swapped the TPMS and rubber over to the new rims, and I mailed back my old.

This past weekend, I decided it was time to get my Camaro looking good again, and it's been way too warm for my Blizzak tires, so I made the swap to my new rims.

When I took off my steelies, I was greeted with the usual nasty rotor face that we are used to here up north.

So I took out my tools and wire brushes and got them all cleaned up and looking good.

Next, I took a little silicone lube and placed it on the hub where the rim is going to hit and was marred up last time.

Got the fronts done:

Finished up the rears, and took the car for a spin. Retorqued everything, and I'm back to having a beautiful 5th gen!

I'm going to keep an eye on the back of the rims this year. Every oil change that I do on the car, I'll pull the rims and make sure everything is still looking great.

But I can't recommend Bruce and Factory Reproductions enough. Any other company would have blamed the rim damage on installation errors, but I do things slowly and methodically. Bruce went above and beyond what I expected from a company, and I just had to get this post out there to commend him. Thank you again Bruce!

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
yzinger

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - IOM - LS3
Very nice and I will remember this when i purchase wheels.
yzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:41 PM   #3
ChibiBlackSheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzinger View Post
Very nice and I will remember this when i purchase wheels.
Definitely, it was good to see them stand by their products so well.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #4
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
I was thinking of MRR or FR for my Z28 replicas - maybe I'll go with these guys...
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:33 PM   #5
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
that is good to hear, mine stay on all year though I don't drive it in the winter, will check them some time this summer just to make sure. I think you bought yours a few months before I purchased mine so maybe it was just a bad batch, or so we hope

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #6
ChibiBlackSheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
that is good to hear, mine stay on all year though I don't drive it in the winter, will check them some time this summer just to make sure. I think you bought yours a few months before I purchased mine so maybe it was just a bad batch, or so we hope
That's what I'm hoping also, because it almost seemed like the bore was just slightly off and ripped up the middle a little.

But I will keep an eye on these