#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-27-2024, 06:45 AM   #71
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
The fact its a $70,000 car bought brand new and wanting to be different from everybody else and protect his original boring gray paint at the same time is a easy sell for anybody with common sense. yes I know that’s almost a unicorn nowadays (the common sense that is) This car is really not a conundrum.
Since you can’t seem to fathom issues that could arise should someone want to remove the wrap I’ll write them down clearly. 1) there could be scratches/chips on the paint underneath. 2) if not installed properly there have been cases where the clear gets pulled off should someone who buys the car want to pull the wrap off. I’ve seen it happen.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:28 AM   #72
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Since you can’t seem to fathom issues that could arise should someone want to remove the wrap I’ll write them down clearly. 1) there could be scratches/chips on the paint underneath. 2) if not installed properly there have been cases where the clear gets pulled off should someone who buys the car want to pull the wrap off. I’ve seen it happen.
I hear what you're saying. FWIW in my instance, the wrap was installed within 2 months of owning this brand new car, so the paint was still flawless. Also, a very reputable and well known shop did the install. Tons of other wrapped cars of his have been removed, re-wrapped, etc without any installation issues. So in my particular case, I would be shocked if the paint underneath had any blemishes. I had planned to keep this car forever, hence the break-in procedure, oil change, diff change, all that other stuff. I did this correctly.

So I do understand your point. Buying an older, high mileage car that was recently wrapped would also be a red flag for me as a buyer. I would need some assurance of what the paint underneath was like. I'd want to talk with the shop that did the install.
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:52 AM   #73
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
I hear what you're saying. FWIW in my instance, the wrap was installed within 2 months of owning this brand new car, so the paint was still flawless. Also, a very reputable and well known shop did the install. Tons of other wrapped cars of his have been removed, re-wrapped, etc without any installation issues. So in my particular case, I would be shocked if the paint underneath had any blemishes. I had planned to keep this car forever, hence the break-in procedure, oil change, diff change, all that other stuff. I did this correctly.

So I do understand your point. Buying an older, high mileage car that was recently wrapped would also be a red flag for me as a buyer. I would need some assurance of what the paint underneath was like. I'd want to talk with the shop that did the install.
People with these types of cars don't already do that particular set of maintenance unless they are going to "keep the car forever"? weird.
Old 03-28-2024, 07:09 PM   #74
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
People with these types of cars don't already do that particular set of maintenance unless they are going to "keep the car forever"? weird.
It’s not weird if life gets in the way. Just like any other human with any other income stream. And did you get the carbon fibre tips on your Borla?

Last edited by CalgaryZL1; 03-28-2024 at 07:19 PM.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:19 PM   #75
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Clg82 it seems to me that you have an issue with CA which is your prerogative. It also seems that you’re taking it out on a fellow Camaro enthusiast. Seems totally unnecessary to me. Let’s keep the BS politics out and talk shop.
My two cents….
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 02:45 AM   #76
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Best of luck with your sale! It sounds like it will be a great purchase for someone.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 06:11 AM   #77
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfab View Post
Clg82 it seems to me that you have an issue with CA which is your prerogative. It also seems that you’re taking it out on a fellow Camaro enthusiast. Seems totally unnecessary to me. Let’s keep the BS politics out and talk shop.
My two cents….
Some people can't separate politics from anything.

Too many people have become so brainwashed that it's "us against them" they forget that it's almost never really black and white with normal people. It's the same on both sides.

I also agree with you.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 06:48 AM   #78
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
Some people can't separate politics from anything.

Too many people have become so brainwashed that it's "us against them" they forget that it's almost never really black and white with normal people. It's the same on both sides.

I also agree with you.
That couldn't be further from the truth....I lived in California for 15+ years and have watched it deteriorate....what makes it frustrating is when asshats try and justify everything about the state.....