Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
You could probably get away with not doing any bushings, but it's just going to make it just that much better if you get bushings with it. The overall improvement of the car with springs and bushings is pretty good, but if the cost is anywhere near coilovers, I'd strive for a good set of coilovers instead.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Jenner,

Bushings are the foundation of your car. If you have any reservations about putting them in try riding in a car that has them first to see the difference they make. I am sure one of the gentlemen in this thread would take you for a ride if you asked.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182427
If you were to meet them at a Cars and Coffee or one of their other meets they would probably talk your ear off about their suspension mods. I am also pretty sure most would agree about bushings.

T.
I dont notice the bushings on the street other then the radius arm bushings at freeway speeds, and only a little. They come into play more in the auto x and drags when you are pusing it. Then again with the coilovers and sways, they me be hiding anything I would notice
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #17
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Damn, now I'm really thinking about the bushings. Haha. I probably won't do the install until next year, it's gonna kill me to have the parts just sitting there. It'll give me time to save a litte more cash to do the whole set at infer.
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #18
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
Damn, now I'm really thinking about the bushings. Haha. I probably won't do the install until next year, it's gonna kill me to have the parts just sitting there. It'll give me time to save a litte more cash to do the whole set at infer.
Check the prices now. I know they do killer deals right now on the complete set-up
Old 11-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #19
SLEEPER SS
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Does bmr offer subframe bushing? Or do I have to go with pfdat ?
SLEEPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #20
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I have the BMR bushings.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #21
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I've gotten away with bushing inserts for a while. So far they've been serving me just fine but one day I'll probably go to a full bushing as well as upper control arm bushing.

Damn....every time I think I'm just about done with my car something else comes up.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #22
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I've gotten away with bushing inserts for a while. So far they've been serving me just fine but one day I'll probably go to a full bushing as well as upper control arm bushing.

Damn....every time I think I'm just about done with my car something else comes up.
This.

With all of the mods I'm looking to do to my car, I feel like anything short of the solid Pfadt's just isn't going to cut it...

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #23
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPER SS View Post
Does bmr offer subframe bushing? Or do I have to go with pfdat ?
I know Pedders does
Old 11-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #24
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
BMR, Pedders, and Pfadt all offer the subframe bushings...

We are partial to the Pfadt billet 6061 subframe bushings because they are securing the anchor point. There is no way for those bushings to move, unlike polyurethane that moves and delrin that has a limited life. Remember, every single IRS Corvette that GM produced are solid from cradle to frame in back and front.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #25
smokum

Drives: 2010 2ssrs
Adm also has the billet subframe bushings. Plus carbon fiber composite upper arm bushings. I posted pics in another thread earlier. I think adm is a bunch less than others also. Same high quality made in the usa. Here is a couple pics.
Attached Images

smokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #26
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
BMR, Pedders, and Pfadt all offer the subframe bushings...

We are partial to the Pfadt billet 6061 subframe bushings because they are securing the anchor point. There is no way for those bushings to move, unlike polyurethane that moves and delrin that has a limited life. Remember, every single IRS Corvette that GM produced are solid from cradle to frame in back and front.

Matt knows his stuff!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote