Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #29
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
yea the pipes can be cut back to pull the tips in closer
I would keep them out further, less chance of melting the diffuser. The tips on my set up would go in about even with the top of the diffuser, but I pulled them out to eliminate the possibility of melting it.

Also for some reason I had horrible drone when I used the included clamps, but I also had bad exhaust leaks at many of the connections with those clamps. When I switched to saddle clamps most of the drone and a lot of the exhaust leaks went away. Now that I welded it up I really have to listen to even hear the exhaust inside the cab.

I also have a issue with one of the front s pipes hitting the transmission crossmember bolt under hard acceleration. I noticed it was close when I installed the system and tried to adjust it as far away as possible, but it still hits, I figured I will have to dimple the pipe to eliminate the tapping completely.

Overall for the price I am satisfied with the exhaust though.

BTW it's a lot more quiet with stock manifolds and cats.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac

Last edited by K1SSRSS; 06-13-2012 at 05:34 PM.
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #30
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Yes, with every exhaust there is tweaking that needs to be done. With some adjusting the tranny bolts have plenty of clearance. Not sure about the clamps though. These are some of the best clamps we've seen. The bad thing with using the u style clamps with these soft stainless pipes is that you will never be able to get the pipes apart.:(
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #31
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
Yes, with every exhaust there is tweaking that needs to be done. With some adjusting the tranny bolts have plenty of clearance. Not sure about the clamps though. These are some of the best clamps we've seen. The bad thing with using the u style clamps with these soft stainless pipes is that you will never be able to get the pipes apart.:(
I agree I was just throwing out my experiences doing a diy install with this set up. For some reason me and those clamps just did not get along and I noticed some people complaining about drone with this exhaust so I think they may have had the same issue. I found though that once I welded it together I eliminated any drone that I could notice.

I am definately not knocking the product especially because of it's price point, and for the fact that it's a 3" stainless system.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #32
BLACK10

Its always great to get feedback. I also realize that its easier said than done when the car is up on a lift compared to working on the ground (which I've done plenty of also!). Thanks!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #33
JHart
I haz camaro again :)

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
I like the sound of that exhaust. a full 3" with a drop tunnel brace and clamps with tips for 450 shipped? you cannot beat that deal. Sounds like they are legit. If i get tired of my muffler delete with no cats that i have now, i'll get this one.

2010 silverado z71 ccsb(sold, old dd)
2010 camaro1ss(sold, missed, will have another someday)
JHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #34
BLACK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHart View Post
I like the sound of that exhaust. a full 3" with a drop tunnel brace and clamps with tips for 450 shipped? you cannot beat that deal. Sounds like they are legit. If i get tired of my muffler delete with no cats that i have now, i'll get this one.
thats correct, $450 shipped
Old 10-18-2015, 04:50 PM   #35
Kings2010

Drives: 2005 C6, 2013 ZL1 2020 Ram Cummins
Figured I post here instead of starting a new thread.

I finally found the time to install this exhaust yesterday.
I did it in my driveway on some ramps. It was very easy and straight forward until I got to the point of trying to maintain clearance around the s pipes, the transmission crossmember and the crossmember bolts, all the while trying to get it tucked up far enough to clear the tunnel brace. I must have spent 4 hours just adjusting the s pipes for clearance. As its currently installed there is about an inch clearance above the tunnel brace but I'm not satisfied at all with clearances around the s pipes. The exhaust also leaks a lot around all 4 x pipe connections despite snapping a bolt tightening the clamps and using high temp rtv on the pipes. I think another day of fiddling around with it is in order as I think that dropping the exhaust a half inch or so May help with the s pipe clearances but it will surely cause the tunnel brace to have clearance issues which can hopefully be solved with some longer bolts and spacers.

As far as the sound goes I love it. Very nice rumble. But as others have said the in cabin resonance is very noticeable. I hoping that once I get all the clearances sorted and get it welded that the cabin noise will decrease.
Kings2010 is offline   Reply With Quote