Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #15
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
if i wanted to run HID's on the V6 Halogen lamp, whats the bulb size?
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
You need the whole kit not just the bulbs. The bulbs are H13's.
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #17
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
You need the whole kit not just the bulbs. The bulbs are H13's.
yepp i know,... i have the kits ready to be delivered... i just needed someone to confirm the H13 bulbs and u just did so thank you
Old 07-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #18
SNV

You also want a setup that does hi and low.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #19
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
correct.... our CamaroHL kit maintains the low and high beam function. Both Xenon light, not a xenon low beam and halogen high beam...

http://www.bfxenon.com/Camaro_High_L...d-camarohl.htm
BFxenon.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #20
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLaDeL_LyRiKaL View Post
yepp i know,... i have the kits ready to be delivered... i just needed someone to confirm the H13 bulbs and u just did so thank you
+1

I have AAC but BfXenon has a great product. Both are very simialr. I might have gone with BfXenon if I knew then what I know now.....just saying.

BTW: I have set of 8000k H13 bulbs from AAC for sale. Probably have less than 5 hrs on them. I initiall bought 8000k but they were too blue for me. I then ended up buying another set of 6000k which are perfect IMO. PM if intrestred.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #21
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

so the low beams are H13's? what are the highs?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #22
caverman

Quote:
so the low beams are H13's? what are the highs?
It's the same bulb. There is acually only one bulb.

From what I was told during my research...basically when you go to High Beam it just changes the angle at which the bulb reflects off your housing. You can imagine that in low beam is shines down low and then on high it retracts or sends light upwards to reflect at a higher/wider view. At least that's my understanding of it.

But....I can say there is only one bulb.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 07-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #23
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
It's the same bulb. There is acually only one bulb.

From what I was told during my research...basically when you go to High Beam it just changes the angle at which the bulb reflects off your housing. You can imagine that in low beam is shines down low and then on high it retracts or sends light upwards to reflect at a higher/wider view. At least that's my understanding of it.

But....I can say there is only one bulb.
ohhh i seee... thanks for that clarification...so what do ppl mean when they say i need a setup that does hi and low?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #24
caverman

Quote:
ohhh i seee... thanks for that clarification...so what do ppl mean when they say i need a setup that does hi and low?
That means that the relay and ballast are setup to do the high beam reflection using HID as well as the low beam.

From my understanding if you don't get the Bi-Xenon (vs Xenon) then you'll have HID for lows but Halogen (lot less intense and yellow) for the Highs. In the Bi-Xenon it's HID in both Low and High beam.

I was told that alot of people don't get the Bi-Xenon because the lows are so bright they rarely go to the Highs. That's true for the most part but I have used my Highs a few times. To me....it's only another $30 on the AAC setup and I think it's included in the BfXenon. I would recommend you just to get them....I doubt you'll say that you wish you wouldn't have got them vs saying that you wish you would have.
Build Journal
Old 07-17-2010, 02:10 AM   #25
SNV

Quote:
There are a few types of hid bulbs. There is a cheaper set that is single beam. They are made for cars that run hi and low off different bulbs. So the car would use 4 total bulbs and not 2 total. Then there is a single bulb that adjusts by moving the beam for hi and low. The other option has 2 bulbs built in. As posted above the low beam is hid and the hi beam is a halogen. Here a 2 pics to show you.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #26
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
ive had the BFXenon Bulbs in for about 4 months now, and they are great! i love the look and light they put out and have had NO problems at all!
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hid, xenon