Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 11-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #1289
vincewalthers

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Aqua Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrey_m View Post
Who else is planning to go to this Reliable thing? We're planning to go mostly for the free food!
I would like to haha but I can't swing leaving Cruces after work and having to come right back for work friday morning bright and early :(
vincewalthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #1290
Bethgrce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/IOM
I'm not going to be able to make it....so you guys get all kinds of info for me!
Bethgrce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #1291
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Roflmao.

I might go in my Ice Cream truck if the GPS mysteriously gets turned off...

Lol
Ivan.
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #1292
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

....Ut oh. Andre has gone UA.

Wonder where he could be.

Ivan
Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #1293
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I'm planning to go. I might not be in the camaro either we'll see, I've got a large item to bring home so it depends it I have time to go home 1st.

Andre, where are you????
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #1294
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Jackie & I are are planning to go

Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #1295
vincewalthers

If there's anything good there let me know (discounts and whatever else)
Old 11-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #1296
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
The meeting at Reliable was pretty nice there were probably about 60 or so peoples there, The staff we met there were certainly nice enough and seemed to be very supportive of getting something organized,, They are offering a 20% discount on parts & service to members and said that they would be there to support a club, but not to run it, it would be "the members club" several expressed intreat in coming out to track day this saturday so we may have some new friends

Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #1297
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I thought it was promising also. I'll go on Saturday to Hotel ABQ and hopefully if any of the new peeps show up, we can take them out to the track for some good times!!
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #1298
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

OOOOOHHHH!!!

That's an awesome invite y'all!

If they can pass the "test" of SMS, then they're in. LOL

Sorry I couldn't make it. I worked till about 9:40 and thought that it would certainly be done and over by then. Plus Christa wanted me to bring her a piece of pie from the store so I had to put the hustle on to make it home.

Anybody else from here make it out or were there really that many new faces??

I certainly hope there were a bunch of new Camaro owners there.
Ivan
Old 11-19-2010, 07:48 AM   #1299
vincewalthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocikat View Post
The meeting at Reliable was pretty nice there were probably about 60 or so peoples there, The staff we met there were certainly nice enough and seemed to be very supportive of getting something organized,, They are offering a 20% discount on parts & service to members and said that they would be there to support a club, but not to run it, it would be "the members club" several expressed intreat in coming out to track day this saturday so we may have some new friends
Nobody mention the cruise to White Sands?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #1300
cjingle

Drives: 1969 Camaro RS, 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Indeed, the meeting went very well. The club's tentative name is Camaro Club of New Mexico (CCNM). Two gentlement volunteered their time to serve as temporary President and Vice President to get things rolling. Reliable is kind enough to provide facilities, food and drink for our meetings. They are also offering a 20% discount on parts and service. Not a bad deal.

By law, they cannot be on the board of directors of our club, as such, it is our club and we govern it. As they are just as passionate as we, all they want to do is get the club going. I was pleasantly surprised how "non-sales" it was. They seemed sincere.

The other cool thing is they have a database of 400 Camaro owners that they'll solicite to join the club. They cannot give us this list, but they can notify them of what's going on in our behalf.

Folks, we are on the edge of having a pretty large club of Camaro Lovers on our hands. The more, the merrier!

Another thing... I couldn't believe the number of new Camaros there are on the lot. Wow!

These guys love Camaros!

Curt
cjingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #1301
vincewalthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjingle View Post
Indeed, the meeting went very well. The club's tentative name is Camaro Club of New Mexico (CCNM). Two gentlement volunteered their time to serve as temporary President and Vice President to get things rolling. Reliable is kind enough to provide facilities, food and drink for our meetings. They are also offering a 20% discount on parts and service. Not a bad deal.

By law, they cannot be on the board of directors of our club, as such, it is our club and we govern it. As they are just as passionate as we, all they want to do is get the club going. I was pleasantly surprised how "non-sales" it was. They seemed sincere.

The other cool thing is they have a database of 400 Camaro owners that they'll solicite to join the club. They cannot give us this list, but they can notify them of what's going on in our behalf.

Folks, we are on the edge of having a pretty large club of Camaro Lovers on our hands. The more, the merrier!

Another thing... I couldn't believe the number of new Camaros there are on the lot. Wow!

These guys love Camaros!
Is that in New Mexico or just Albuquerque?? I can't believe there are that many camaros and our biggest turn out for a meet n greet has been 16??!!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #1302
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjingle View Post

These guys love Camaros!
Very cool!!!

Sounds good at the very minimum to me. What is the next scheduled event that they talked about? I mean, are they going to coordinate some sort of Meet or anything like that?

Nice work Curt! I'm glad you were able to get some good info.

400 is a nice number. Proportionately we could probably get about 80 people out to a meet since it seems that only about 1 in 4 or 5 that we currently "know" show up.

Heck yes! Keep us posted as to what everyone hears!

Ivan