Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #15
2nd SS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911 1LE View Post
I think you nailed it. Is that the Biltmore in the background? BTW, bad ass pic.
Thanks and Yes, that is the Biltmore. We had a car club day up there a few weeks back. Perfect day for pics.
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #16
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post

Shows the sparks retro badge in front I eventually stripped with paint remover to plain shiny aluminum billet, the mocking up of retro stripes once, heck I had many vinyl changes from rocker stripes and hood spears; to colors matte and gloss black, red, gold, pinstriped etc.... over time LOL and the chromed gill area trim with 1/2 width gill stripes I made myself....heritage grill.

Rocket racing wheels, badged original Camaro twin flags with posts ground off and double sided tape to ad to the stainless scripts.

American Car craft gradient flames rally stripes, one phase of using a scanner up front until return to stock as all the mailslot crap is just that IMO after 3 different.....not good at handling any weather ….. and some R/S light covers I use in the summer.

NRT aluminum louvers, zl1 spoiler, Sparks rear emblem.
There do exist the conversions for the front end to have the 60's look out there and then there is the Trans AM kits also both usually prohibitively expensive or tasteful but ….MEH..... there are also fake "Ice cube trays" for the hood, fake..plastic chrome bumpers, etc etc Me I went with what I felt was tasteful for me and reasonable though the wheels were $$$$ and I hate chrome pitting which happened in a year...wished they had lacquered aluminum.... should have went just powder coated. And yes that reflection in the fender by the script two pics up...…..that's me I am 2' tall and a fat little troll from the middle of the earth...LOL just kidding have to have a sense of humor....

Racing flame hat, yellow high visibility lens sunglasses, Hawaiian shirt, ROFL.... waiting longingly for beer with step daughter and wife at out door café....gave up on wait for burgers...left, Silvertown...Silverton Oregon home of Joe Dirt...LOL See in the old days they had damn tree in the middle of the road...SOB.....lol imagine that....quick swerve right Cleatus…...
I love what you did with your Sparks emblem! Can you explain your technique removing the paint with the paint remover?

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:14 PM   #17
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Just get some aircraft quality paint remover in a can from the autoparts store and some of the wifeys q-tips and go to town with a wash cloth to clean the q tips..LOL Yup the dang paint on them is not bright red more a orange red and fades..... plain aluminum looks better IMO.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #18
Gstick

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Complete retro? None of you are trying hard enough.

That is bad ass !!!!!!!!!!
Gstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #19
Gstick

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd SS View Post
Was going for this 69 RS look. Kinda got close.

That is bad ass also !!!!!!!!!
Gstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:26 PM   #20
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Just get some aircraft quality paint remover in a can from the autoparts store and some of the wifeys q-tips and go to town with a wash cloth to clean the q tips..LOL Yup the dang paint on them is not bright red more a orange red and fades..... plain aluminum looks better IMO.
Thanks

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:09 AM   #21
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/li...th-gen-camaros

That one's gonna leave a mark

There's another version here: http://www.innovationretrokits.com
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:03 PM   #22
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Complete retro? None of you are trying hard enough.

Hmmm ,I'm glad I'm not trying hard enough. To each their own .