Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-30-2009, 05:14 PM   #141
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Anyone have a solid crash course in what we need to look for on an LS3? FT bank 1 is showing -7.03\2.34 FT Bank 2 -7.03\1.56 not sure if that is good or bad. New to this
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #142
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudack View Post
Anyone have a solid crash course in what we need to look for on an LS3? FT bank 1 is showing -7.03\2.34 FT Bank 2 -7.03\1.56 not sure if that is good or bad. New to this
That is pretty typical, we shoot for hovering around 0, +5% to -5%
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #143
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
That is pretty typical, we shoot for hovering around 0, +5% to -5%
Thanks for the reply. So from what I was reading on the Diablo forums I should raise the slope +1% and that should put me within the -5% to +5%?
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #144
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudack View Post
Thanks for the reply. So from what I was reading on the Diablo forums I should raise the slope +1% and that should put me within the -5% to +5%?
Try it and see what happens you can alway put it back simple enough make a 2% change you may not see a 1%.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #145
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
got mine a month ago but the car just got here this weekend.....What a pain in the A$$ to install.....def not like the easy instructions!!! I have an ls3 and it initially said that it didnt recognize the car.......20 minutes on hold with Diablo says that I need to install an update...but first need to download the DS installer to do it......finally get it all hooked up again and it wont load.....apparently you need to select autoconnect in the options unless you know how to set your comm ports? this call only took ten minutes on hold. Now i download the new crom and it says that its loaded. Go down to the car for the umteenth time and plug it in and now it says something about an incorrect calibration? I am sick and tired of this machine all ready.....so much for foolproof and Plug-n play! :mad0 260:
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #146
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjk7 View Post
got mine a month ago but the car just got here this weekend.....What a pain in the A$$ to install.....def not like the easy instructions!!! I have an ls3 and it initially said that it didnt recognize the car.......20 minutes on hold with Diablo says that I need to install an update...but first need to download the DS installer to do it......finally get it all hooked up again and it wont load.....apparently you need to select autoconnect in the options unless you know how to set your comm ports? this call only took ten minutes on hold. Now i download the new crom and it says that its loaded. Go down to the car for the umteenth time and plug it in and now it says something about an incorrect calibration? I am sick and tired of this machine all ready.....so much for foolproof and Plug-n play! :mad0 260:
Unfortuneatly this is what happens when the tuner is Older than the Car.
Your car has the Newest GM calibration but your tuner Does Not.

What ever it takes to make it work will be worth the effort.

Ted.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #147
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
So ted let me ask you a question..?? I've had my car since Sept and received the Trinity tuner today from you. If I went to the dealership tomorrow and did the updates, would I have a problem using the Trinity with the car...??

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #148
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie SS View Post
So ted let me ask you a question..?? I've had my car since Sept and received the Trinity tuner today from you. If I went to the dealership tomorrow and did the updates, would I have a problem using the Trinity with the car...??
Yes, Do NOT update your car at the dealer until Diablo releases the update for the Predator/Trinity.

Maybe Mike at Diablo will chime in and let us know when that will be available.

Your products are registered you should recieve an email letting you know when it is available.

Ted.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #149
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
I sure am glad I live close to Waterbury, hopefully I'll have a little $$$ come April/May
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #150
dwebster
DW's 2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS LS3-CAI/LG-Corsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
I sure am glad I live close to Waterbury, hopefully I'll have a little $$$ come April/May
LUCKY!
dwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #151
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
Quote:
Yes, Do NOT update your car at the dealer until Diablo releases the update for the Predator/Trinity.

Maybe Mike at Diablo will chime in and let us know when that will be available.

Your products are registered you should recieve an email letting you know when it is available.

Ted.
Again, Thanks ted for all you do for us on this forum.

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #152
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Hey Ted,
I understand the Predator will remove the Torque Management from the motor, but I hear the Camaro has Torque Management also in the TCM for the Transmission which Predator does not currently support. With the motor portion removed and the transmission portion still intact, what is the torque managment limited to now? Can you make changes through the internet to remove or reduce the torque management in the TCM for the transmission? With minor bolt ons, would I still be limited with my M6 transmission?

Last edited by steeleshark2; 12-13-2009 at 08:17 PM.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #153
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Hey Ted,
I understand the Predator will remove the Torque Management from the motor, but I hear the Camaro has Torque Management also in the TCM for the Transmission which Predator does not currently support. With the motor portion removed and the transmission portion still intact, what is the torque managment limited to now? Can you make changes through the internet to remove or reduce the torque management in the TCM for the transmission? With minor bolt ons, would I still be limited?
Your right Diablo currently has no transmission table support.

The TCM portion usually is only affective during shifts, When we data log we can see the timing drop to 0 during the shifts only.

So the FUN killer torque management is primarily on the engine side.

Ted.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #154
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Your right Diablo currently has no transmission table support.

The TCM portion usually is only affective during shifts, When we data log we can see the timing drop to 0 during the shifts only.

So the FUN killer torque management is primarily on the engine side.

Ted.
HMMMM that's a little disappointing... No TCM support...