Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
DCamaroLover

Drives: Future Camaro Owner
Voicing some opinions

I know its been said countless times, but I stumbled upon some mustang videos while having my "happy" time looking at Camaro videos. I find the new Stang to look so so girly. I mean the weird @$$ tailights, weird @$$ fascia... just everything looks weird and girly. i honestly like the way the older ones looked. and the ONLY way the new mustang looks decent is if its blacked out. i dont mean to turn this into a flame thread (although voicing opinions in not restricted). just wanted to kinda voice mine.
DCamaroLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #2
spurscar

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS A6
The previous body style was better, I agree.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
KnuckleBuster
A Virginia Drifter

Drives: Pick-um-up
Everybody has their own opinions. As the old saying goes "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". What one person thinks is a piece of art, another thinks is ugly with a capital 'U'.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #4
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
It's all about personal taste. It's a shame that Mustang owners have none.

I kid. Truly, we owe our great Camaro to the Mustang. They're both great cars, and have both, at some points in their careers, have been both ahead and behind. The Camaro once came with a 2.5L 4-cylinder, the Mustang once shared a chassis with the Ford Pinto. Both of them have the 1980's to look back on, with louvered rear windows, to laugh at. But one of the reasons why they both still exist is because of the fanbase on either side, and GM and Ford's willingness to compete with each other as well as with outside competitors. Believe me when I say the makers of these cars sat down and thought long and hard about how to one-up the other guy. This time around, I think the Camaro wins in the styling department, as well as a few other badges of honor as well.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #5
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Although I LOVE my camaro; i wish they would follow suit with ford. Ford works with aftermarket companies to buy Shelby right off the showroom floor. Kinda disappointed GM did not hook up with SLP for the resurrection of the camaro!
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #6
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
I think the Camaro looks a little girlie too......... and she has some nice hips !
Old 01-03-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Here's a Stang I'd drive for sure

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #8
DCamaroLover

Drives: Future Camaro Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss=scuba steve View Post
I think the Camaro looks a little girlie too......... and she has some nice hips !
I personally think the Camaro looks lean, mean, and manly.
DCamaroLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #9
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCamaroLover View Post
I personally think the Camaro looks lean, mean, and manly.

What about the battleship hips and the rounded rear end? Pretty girly stuff right there. The convertible even traded the fin for an ovipositor.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #10
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
Sadly, I tend to agree withe the OP on this one. I don't get the loyalty to one car company over another. I have owned two S197 Mustangs, both of which I thought looked pretty sweet (particularly in England), but when the 2010 model came out, I just thought, Oh dear!......and went out and ordered a Camaro.....YAY!!!
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:09 AM   #11
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
It's all about personal preference and how badly you feel the need to defend your choice. Personally I have no need to defend my choice, I bash mustanks for fun since the first statement holds true. There's this big ol' guy I work with who drives a vert mustang. LOVE to tease him about his girly car. I like some models of mustangs over some models of Camaro, but I like my Camaro way better than ANY mustang.
Even my husband who is a mustang fan-man had to admit, as they sat parked side by side, Camaro to Mustang (I drove him to the ford dealership in the Camaro so he could compare) the Camaro had it all over the Mustang for looks and curb appeal.
As far as racing goes, so what if the mustang comes from the factory faster than the Camaro? It's what a guy does to his car after he buys it that takes you to the proving grounds. It is not the car that builds the man, it's the man that builds the car.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #12
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
I agree the new mustangs are ugly unless you get the mack daddy roush or gt500. Camaro might not be as fast as a mustang but it isnt like you can legally drive any of these cars to their potential on the street so I will take the better looking one.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
Although I LOVE my camaro; i wish they would follow suit with ford. Ford works with aftermarket companies to buy Shelby right off the showroom floor. Kinda disappointed GM did not hook up with SLP for the resurrection of the camaro!
There is a dealer near me that has an SLP on the showroom floor. I saw it in person when I got my oil changed.

http://www.everycarlisted.com/va/lee...ft1ew0a9212661
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #14
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
I agree the new mustangs are ugly unless you get the mack daddy roush or gt500. Camaro might not be as fast as a mustang but it isnt like you can legally drive any of these cars to their potential on the street so I will take the better looking one.