Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
V6 Trifecta Tune Dyno Results

I took my car in to Loud Pedal Motorsports today for some dyno pulls comparing the stock tune to the custom tune I got from Vince at Trifecta. Here are all the details

2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
* Transmission: Automatic
* Mileage: 31,000
* American Racing LT Headers
* American Racing High Flow Catalytic Converters
* MBRP 3" Catback Exhaust
* Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe
* Airraid V2 CAI

Dyno: DynoJet
Weather: 95 degrees. 40% humidity

Note: Before doing this dyno I had sent Vince some very basic logs of just a short city drive. Based on these logs he only made minor tweaks to the base tune file he originally sent me. I will be sending him the data logs from the dyno pulls so he can make additional tweaks and hopefully get even more gains.

Stock Tune:
Horsepower: 239
Torque: 223.24

Trifecta Tune:
Horsepower: 247 (+8)
Torque: 234.24 (+11)

Disregard the dates listed on the dyno sheet. The date was not set properly on their computer. These pulls were done September 16th, 2011.

Overall I don't feel that the dyno results present an accurate picture of just how much the tune does for the car. I have a feeling that the results of the tune would likely be better seen in 1/4 mile times. The car is much MUCH more responsive and shifts much harder and faster than stock.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune

Last edited by DevilKnightFalcon; 09-16-2011 at 01:49 PM.
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Maverick10

Drives: Black '13 ZL1 M6
The numbers that te dyno put out seem to be a little low considering all of the mods you have?
Maverick10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
DevilKnightFalcon

Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick10 View Post
The numbers that te dyno put out seem to be a little low considering all of the mods you have?
Different dynos always put out different numbers. This same car dyno'd at over 260hp when I ran it at Stillen Performance in California and that was with only the catback and the old Airaid V1 intake. Keep in mind it was 95 degrees and decently humid here today.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
Old 09-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Maverick10

Drives: Black '13 ZL1 M6
Ah! Either way, I really like your build. I've been contemplating if it's even worth it to get a tune now or wait for hp and get it tuned in Tampa. Almost all of my mods are waiting on my decision for a tune hah. I was one of the unlucky who the vararam just didn't work on so I'm sitting completely stock at the moment. Headers and catback will follow the decision on which tune.
Maverick10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
DevilKnightFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick10 View Post
Ah! Either way, I really like your build. I've been contemplating if it's even worth it to get a tune now or wait for hp and get it tuned in Tampa. Almost all of my mods are waiting on my decision for a tune hah. I was one of the unlucky who the vararam just didn't work on so I'm sitting completely stock at the moment. Headers and catback will follow the decision on which tune.
When you do go for headers I recommend shorty headers. If I were to go back I would definitely get a set of JBA. They seem to perform better and they definitely sound much better than any set of long tubes i've heard including my own.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
I took my car in to Loud Pedal Motorsports today for some dyno pulls comparing the stock tune to the custom tune I got from Vince at Trifecta. Here are all the details

2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
* Transmission: Automatic
* Mileage: 31,000
* American Racing LT Headers
* American Racing High Flow Catalytic Converters
* MBRP 3" Catback Exhaust
* Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe
* Airraid V2 CAI

Dyno: DynoJet
Weather: 95 degrees. 40% humidity

Note: Before doing this dyno I had sent Vince some very basic logs of just a short city drive. Based on these logs he only made minor tweaks to the base tune file he originally sent me. I will be sending him the data logs from the dyno pulls so he can make additional tweaks and hopefully get even more gains.

Stock Tune:
Horsepower: 239
Torque: 223.24

Trifecta Tune:
Horsepower: 247 (+8)
Torque: 234.24 (+11)

Disregard the dates listed on the dyno sheet. The date was not set properly on their computer. These pulls were done September 16th, 2011.

Overall I don't feel that the dyno results present an accurate picture of just how much the tune does for the car. I have a feeling that the results of the tune would likely be better seen in 1/4 mile times. The car is much MUCH more responsive and shifts much harder and faster than stock.
Yeah, but look at the increase across the whole range. That's really good (much more than the 8 at peak). That all adds up as you are going down the track.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
717Stunna

Drives: 2010 Slp Camaro ZL327
well the camaro stock runs 250-255 rear wheel Hp so all those mods you should at least be 300whp
717Stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 717Stunna View Post
well the camaro stock runs 250-255 rear wheel Hp so all those mods you should at least be 300whp
I don't think so - there have been many a full bolt-on build that haven't broken the 300RWHP barrier. The OP's car doesn't have every available bolt-on.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
pgustavson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Yeah, but look at the increase across the whole range. That's really good (much more than the 8 at peak). That all adds up as you are going down the track.
The mid-range torque looks to have improved by almost 20 ft-lbs.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #10
pgustavson

Holy thread resurrection!!! Just noticed how old this thread is...lol