Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-12-2017, 01:19 AM   #1
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
NPP exhaust on a 2010 SS

Looking for a new exhaust and someone is selling an NPP one so I was looking to get it but didn't realize I'd have to also set up a vacuum system to open/close the exhaust. Anyone run the exhaust fully open all the time? Is there a lot of drone? I have an MRT on my other Camaro before itgot totaled and it was a bit droney in lower rpms. I want something fairly loud and noticeable but not incredibly drone while cruising or in slow speeds. It's tough looking for exhausts and only going by YouTube videos.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:02 AM   #2
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
I ran it for a while, never hooked up the vacuum so the valves were open all the time. Didn't notice any drone, was actually too quiet for my taste.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
Ashen L99

Drives: Ashen grey, 1SS, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
I ran it for a while, never hooked up the vacuum so the valves were open all the time. Didn't notice any drone, was actually too quiet for my taste.
Your high off that cam, lol

Op to me it's plenty loud and I run it open full time.
Roto-fab CAI, Nick Williams 102mm TB, LOD X1 V3 intake manifold, GMPP LS3 heads, Night Fury cam, TSP 2” long tubes, Corsa ZL-1 catback, Nitrous Outlet 102mm plate kit/150 shot, NGK BR7EF plugs with Taylor plug wires, DSX flex fuel kit, ZL-1 fuel pump and injectors, B&M deep trans pan, Yank 3400 converter, 3.45s with BMR Delrin bushings, mishimoto 169° Thermostat, GM ground effects, T-Rex upper grill, Z/28 Spoiler, Lolly pop Lime brake calipers, ZL1 10 spoke wheels, 12” subwoofer, and custom paint matched interior.
Ashen L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #4
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Thanks guys.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I run full open all the time and drone would only be a very small section of any sound during a small section of a rpm band I guess I just don t use much...even with headers HFC stroked cammed and all that, its usually music to my ears.....NPP Heck I farted around and made a video on my cheap old 60$ camera because my sony needed charged..LOL its in a post that's moved to this section but its got so much damn wind sound its crappy for the sound..LOL
Old 09-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #6
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen L99 View Post
Your high off that cam, lol

Op to me it's plenty loud and I run it open full time.
To be fair, I didn't have longtubes at the time haha. For an otherwise stock set up, it was pretty dainty to me. Then again, I'd venture to say I like my exhaust louder than the average camaro driver. I don't have any regard for my neighbors opinions if it ain't waking the dead, it ain't for me!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote