Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #1
Kman13RSSS

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 2.9 Whipple
Proper install order

Finally gonna mod my Camaro. I have long tubes in the mail, cai intake in the garage. My question is what to do next. I’m pretty much set on a cam swap and a Whipple 2.9l. I can do one now and the other in the spring. I was thinking of doing the cam now this fall and take the winter months to install the Whipple. I’ll need to do 2 tunes at that point. Should I do the Whipple now with their canned tubes and drop the car off in the spring for a cam and full dyno tune? Money wise it hurts less to do the cam now and Whipple later.
Kman13RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:27 PM   #2
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
I'd say ask the guys at GPI to custom grind you a cam specifically for your blower based on your preference/power/drivability goals. Theres always TSP, Janetty to look into as well...you just want the right cam for FI so you can get the most out of it
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Your cam should complement the FI for one, and you need desperately more than N/A the other supporting upgrades such as a high volume pump, trunnions, dog bone damper, chain upgrades to insure your slapping this large blower on a stock block with stock hypereutectic pistons lasts not turned up...……. your stock pistons rings are not meant for boost or the slugs so good luck there and remember to upgrade the catch can system with valves also. Not that others have not done it, but there is always the extras...new ls9 head gaskets, new lifter baskets, new TTY bolts required along with new lifters and pushrods. Then there is proper maintenance over time, and me I use br30 for a break in and ls30 driven racing oil to drive.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:41 PM   #4
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Why not just wait and buy it all at once and save on labor time having to take the engine apart twice and tune twice?
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote