Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-11-2008, 02:06 AM   #29
VICTORY RED 1SS
booyaah

Drives: VICTORY RED 1SS
[QUOTE=RallyFever;213520
************************************************** ************************************************** *****
"You obviously are lying or have been lucky enough to not race any serious vette drivers.

Corvette is Chevrolet's "creme de la creme" and it always will be.

I have owned three vettes and just sold my 06 in preparation for my new 2SS. I just want the throw back muscle car look for a little while, but I'd be a fool to not expect diminished performance.

Each to his own. Get what you like, but let's keep the forum honest and realistic and not disrespect the "King of Chevrolet".[/QUOTE]

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

"The King of Chevrolet?" thats hilarious.
The Corvette is and always has been for retirees and wanna be's.
Like I said, never lost to one and don't plan to. The fun part is most Corvette guys are in this state of denial and thats what makes it more fun to see the look on their face when they get beaten.
Do I have a chip on my shoulder?..sure. Do I mean disrespect to the Corvette?... absolutely. I like Camaro's thats why I'm on a Camaro site and not a Corvette site.
My 02 ran 12 o's no problem. I don't have to save time slips or post them here to prove it. Just go to any drag strip and witness it. Yes it had mods, but not much over regular bolt ons and mods most guys do.
Where I took the Vettes was off the line dude so lighter weight and an as usual corvette fake higher hp. number mean nothing in the real world. Its about weight transfer suspension set up and tires.
I fail to see Corvette's superiority in this area. Its a different car, but in no way superior in areas of performance for acceleration contests. In many respects its actually at a disadvantage in past models.
How come if Corvette is always the "creme de la creme", it used the same junky suspension from 1953 to 1982? In that time period Camaro had no less than 3 suspention major refinements.
How come you don't see many at the drag strip? How come a Corvette guy is on a Camaro site calling me out to say a Corvette is better?

Sorry dude .. Camaro is still King of Chevrolet as far as I'm concerned.
The Corvette can be Queen though.
VICTORY RED 1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #30
b_pappy

Drives: '00 Corvette, '07 TBSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY RED 1SS View Post
How come if Corvette is always the "creme de la creme", it used the same junky suspension from 1953 to 1982? :
Wow, that is either one serious typo, or you have no knowledge of Corvettes.
1953 - 1962 were the solid axle years. 1963 - present are IRS, but many different design changes.
Bruce
b_pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #31
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Like I said, never lost to one and don't plan to.
If you put the best Camaro up against the best Corvette, what's going to win?
If you put your Camaro up against the best Corvette, are you going to win?
I like the Camaro too but please, let's be real here.

Quote:
How come you don't see many at the drag strip?
If I saw a ZR1 at a strip I would piss my pants. That said, many Corvette owners have a reputation for being older and don't fall into the drag strip crowd. By the time people make enough money to afford a good Corvette, they have grown out of that stage...besides, what's left to prove? You have a lot of money and want to show off a stock car that can beat every modded car here?

Knock the owners if you want, but the best Camaro will always be second to the best Corvette, whether you choose to admit it or not. I would rather have a fully loaded SS Camaro than a base model Corvette though, so I'm choosing Camaro. But please, don't disprect the Vette.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:50 PM   #32
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY RED 1SS View Post

"The King of Chevrolet?" thats hilarious.
The Corvette is and always has been for retirees and wanna be's.
Like I said, never lost to one and don't plan to. The fun part is most Corvette guys are in this state of denial and thats what makes it more fun to see the look on their face when they get beaten.
Do I have a chip on my shoulder?..sure. Do I mean disrespect to the Corvette?... absolutely. I like Camaro's thats why I'm on a Camaro site and not a Corvette site.
My 02 ran 12 o's no problem. I don't have to save time slips or post them here to prove it. Just go to any drag strip and witness it. Yes it had mods, but not much over regular bolt ons and mods most guys do.
Where I took the Vettes was off the line dude so lighter weight and an as usual corvette fake higher hp. number mean nothing in the real world. Its about weight transfer suspension set up and tires.
I fail to see Corvette's superiority in this area. Its a different car, but in no way superior in areas of performance for acceleration contests. In many respects its actually at a disadvantage in past models.
How come if Corvette is always the "creme de la creme", it used the same junky suspension from 1953 to 1982? In that time period Camaro had no less than 3 suspention major refinements.
How come you don't see many at the drag strip? How come a Corvette guy is on a Camaro site calling me out to say a Corvette is better?

Sorry dude .. Camaro is still King of Chevrolet as far as I'm concerned.
The Corvette can be Queen though.
The LS3 is SAE certified.. the HP isnt fake in any way shape or form.. that alone makes your post worthless, not withstanding your attitude.

Oh and stock for stock I will buy your camaro for $25,000.00 if you can beat a corvette of the same year down the 1/4 mile.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #33
frank99ta

Drives: Trans Am
I've got the best of both worlds. I've got my 99 TA with all the bolt ons and I've got my 05 coupe. I love my TA but the corvette would probably out run it bone stock. And the ls3 in the 08 is a beast that makes the ls2 in mine feel slow. Oh and if you want to talk about fast cars.. I had a bone stock 04 z06 that was faster than both of them. Don't get me wrong, I love the new Camaro, I have one on order, but there are some ls3's running 11's bone stock. And, BTW, the corvette ls3 is underated at 436hp, because they are putting down 390 to the tire bone stock. You do see a lot of older guys driving corvettes, and yeah a lot of them have an attitude, but there are a lot of jerks that drive all types of cars. I say just enjoy all of them while we're able to.. Buy what you want and enjoy the hell out of it. By the time their done with all this MPG crap, we'll all be driving v6's.
frank99ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #34
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
even if i could find a vette just like i want for the same price as my 1SS (doubtful), i would still get the Camaro. first i don't really care for the C6 body style (it's nice, but not great. the Camaro is great). i also like the extra seats and the small insurance break. yeah, i'm adding a couple hundred pounds, but i ain't trying to make a super-street racer.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #35
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. James View Post
Decision made here
Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay and what options, year 08 or 09?
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #36
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I LOL at that anti Vette rant.

There are influences in this great upcoming Camaro and it's just idiotic to attack one or the other. Talking a game when you don't even have the car is a fantasy.

This car is gonna be the "hot" car and it will sell like hotcakes. The Corvette and Bowling Green should survive this economy based on the fact that they build a good solid car.

This Camaro should be a great car and Vett's are not gonna hurt it. It will stand on it's own. But of course it will never be considered a higher performance vehicle than the Corvette unless they make some major internal decision to do so.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #37
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
i agree with the anti vette-inism...

and people come on... chevy vs chevy dont make no difference when your at the line...

ive seen gmc 2500's MURDER turbo vette's... hahah dont believe me... youtube it...

go look at diesel trucks run 10's BOLT ON only

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #38
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
i watched pinks last night chevy vs chevy and the camaro won... point... who cares winner takes loser walks chevy vs chevy mumbo jumbo is BS and its all great for us to say yea vettes are nice,,, and vette guys are saying yea maros are nice... but there aint no such thing as stock vs stock when your at the line racig for your car or some bucks...

if i were a drag racer id get me one o dem ol' gmc 2500's ...lol they FLY... 4.40 gears and enough weight to hold the no burnout-clause

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #39
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptianSam View Post
if i were a drag racer id get me one o dem ol' gmc 2500's ...lol they FLY... 4.40 gears and enough weight to hold the no burnout-clause
yeah... diesel rocks! you should check out the Gale Banks Sidewinder
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:17 AM   #40
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CORVETTE SCOTTY????

You don't want a "base" vette. Stay 2LT or better...or like the 3LT I have ordered... CHEAP CHEAP!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:25 AM   #41
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post

You don't want a "base" vette. Stay 2LT or better...or like the 3LT I have ordered... CHEAP CHEAP!
LOL
Old 12-12-2008, 06:26 AM   #42
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post

What do you mean by Cheap Cheap Cheap??