Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #29
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

IS IT WORTH LOSING YOUR WARRANTY FOR 15 HP?
Hey Tag.

Just to be fair, from what I understand (and I am considering a tune...leaning towards yes) it isn't just about 15 hp. Increased torque, mileage, overall driving experience are increased with a tune, yes?
Old 12-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #30
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Drives: Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
Hey Tag.

Just to be fair, from what I understand (and I am considering a tune...leaning towards yes) it isn't just about 15 hp. Increased torque, mileage, overall driving experience are increased with a tune, yes?
Correct and if your an A6 owner you enjoy an improved shift schedule
Steve@Vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #31
Frost

Drives: GM anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
No you can't... it doesn't work. it's been tried and you have to give GM the old one before gm will set the new one up to run on your car... It is not a plug and play part.

I don't see why a dealer would do this for you, if it means you are gonna run the car on a different tune and then try to hide the tune when you have a power train failure?

Unless you have a hookup at a dealer, which most of us don't.
What?? Where do all of the posts on this board like this come from? Honestly, I mean absolutely no disrespect, but what happened to "I'm not sure, so I'm not going to post so that I don't give bad info"? I have a controller for a new SS (and TCM) sitting right here beside me and I can definitely install it and make it work.

I'm not helping ANYONE get around warranty/tuning issues but I will say again, that contrary to what is thought by many (who aren't tuners and are repeating what they have read on teh innernetz vs. what they have SEEN FIRST HAND), there are work-arounds. Yes, that means more than one.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #32
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
well, with the output shaft issue, most all of those have been fixed/replaced.
I call horse shit on that. . . GM never called people like some one said on the boards. . . i have a low numbered car. 16235, I KNOW I have a bad output shaft because several cars with in a couple hundred of mine broke. . . mine hasn't broke because I haven't tried to "launch" the car because I don't want to damage my car...
Old 12-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #33
chopss

Drives: 04 sentra, 2ss
franknbeans i totally agree with you. I was like that afraid to launch cause i dont want to harm my car and then this output shaft comes into play and the failure of Gm on how they delt with this situation lie that they will call out any defective tranny's.
now i really don't care cause this car is a keeper i dont want to run out my warranty and then install a tune and SNAP there goes my tranny cause i don't have a revised tranny. Soon when i break in my new Clutch properly i will do 4 yrs of launches and im going to get my updated stronger tranny under warranty. If it doesnt break i guess my output shaft was properly heat treated lol.
chopss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #34
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Yea, mine is vin just under 25000 and about 1 month before GM did the assembly line hold to correct the problem! So I don't know if I have a ticking time bomb or not. I want to get a tune but I don't want to blow my warranty in case the trans blows up! This Spring I think I'll start doing tons of launches to see if it breaks! LOL! It's really tarded that GM's non action is actually causing us to launch test our cars to see if they'll break!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote