Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #1
Uggss

Drives: Black with silver stripes 2011 2ss
Milford car show

A woman I work with sent me these from Saturday in Milford Michigan. Anyone else go?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Uggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #2
Uggss

And this

Old 06-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Never knew it was going on or I'd have gone

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #4
Chief Bob

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6
I attended --great time!

Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Uggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
Never knew it was going on or I'd have gone
Same here! The lady I work with (and knows I have a SS) didn't tell me till this morning

Old 06-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
You guys must not pay attention to the Great Lakes subforum, eh? Although both of you having no idea about the show just proves that only being allowed to post the show in our regional section (Camaro5 forum rules) doesn't allow the thread to get near enough attention. :( We had Camaro5 members all the way from St Louis Missouri at the show.

That said -- here's more pictures from the show:
http://mifbody.com/gallery/index.php...ody-Meet-Greet

It's held yearly at Bakers of Milford in Milford, MI and is usually the first Saturday after Memorial Day. General Motors has been generously bringing vehicles to our show since 2007 because of our close proximity to GM's Milford Proving Grounds. In addition to the Z/28 Camaro mule seen above, GM also brought a handful of 2014 Camaro models for us to drool over. Best of all - they let us sit in the cars and really see them up close and personal.

Sorry you guys weren't aware of it. :( Need to pay attention to the Great Lakes subforum on Camaro5, register on Mifbody.com, or like our Michigan FBody Association page on Facebook.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #7
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
That was me in the first picture standing in front of the Z-28 test mule.
There were some awesome cars there as well as some really cool people.
Had a great time!
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
You guys must not pay attention to the Great Lakes subforum, eh?

Sorry you guys weren't aware of it. :( Need to pay attention to the Great Lakes subforum on Camaro5
Never knew about it until you said something. Ill check it out

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Since they had several production 2014 models there why did they send that goofy looking Z28 "mule" and not a production one?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #10
Synergy women

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
Since they had several production 2014 models there why did they send that goofy looking Z28 "mule" and not a production one?
Because the proving grounds are just down the road about two miles.
Synergy women is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy women View Post
I get that; I went to high school nearby in Wixom. Still doesn't totally explain why they'd send several production model 2014's and one test mule with the goofy "camo" pattern finish and all, as if people don't already know what the Z28 looks like.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
I get that; I went to high school nearby in Wixom. Still doesn't totally explain why they'd send several production model 2014's and one test mule with the goofy "camo" pattern finish and all, as if people don't already know what the Z28 looks like.
They probably haven't built that many Z/28 test mules yet. They're probably not far enough along in the development to start making CTF cars yet. They're still working on the car.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #13
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy women View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
They probably haven't built that many Z/28 test mules yet. They're probably not far enough along in the development to start making CTF cars yet. They're still working on the car.
I think PYROLYSIS is spot on - as far as I know, they have CTF vehicles available for all of the 2014 vehicles *except* the Z/28. Even then John Fitzpatrick was saying they couldn't get the 2014 vehicles out fast enough for all the marketing needs. This example was a pre-production mule, plain and simple. In 2011, GM also brought a camouflaged ZL1 even though the concept and design had been public for a little while - it's just what they had available in Milford. Just the same, all of the CTF 2014 vehicles (basically all the vehicles GM brought except the Z/28) are being driven by GM employees on a daily basis -- they took the time out of their weekend to come to our car show and show off the cars. We're grateful they brought the cars at all -- I'm not going to ask them why they brought one with camo...

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #14
Del's12SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Meissen - get these cats edumucated!!!!