Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-06-2020, 02:16 PM   #1
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Left Lane Hogs Rants

Why is it that people drive in the left lane (Slow) to hold up traffic on a Busy Hwy??

Why do people drive at night with the're lights off, but during the Day have to have the're High beams on??

Do all BMW's not have turn signals ??
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #2
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
My biggest pet peeve is center-lane slow-pokes and people who just linger there on a 3-lane highway. It just effectively makes our 3-lane a 2-lane with congestion. Everyone just gets on the highway, moves to the middle and sits there, even the 18-wheelers.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:51 PM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Why are there Prius drivers? They're worse than BMW drivers! I've been hit by one and nearly hit by countless Prius drivers.

One of my least favorite things about driving in Pennsylvania when I lived there was that that everyone except a few select people would camp in the left lane clogging it for most people to leave their cruise control on. However, when I went back for a visit last summer it was awesome to have a new cam and to go flying by all of them when a 3 lane section opened up and nobody was occupying the far right lane even though the left two lanes were clogged up.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:59 PM   #4
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
Trucks aren't allowed in the left lane in most states,if you drive in the right lane you get cut off constantly.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:23 PM   #5
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
My biggest pet peeve is center-lane slow-pokes and people who just linger there on a 3-lane highway. It just effectively makes our 3-lane a 2-lane with congestion. Everyone just gets on the highway, moves to the middle and sits there, even the 18-wheelers.
must be talking about me .im usually 5-8 over the limit in the middle lane.however the left lane is for speeding,right lane is for the terminally slow,and center lane is for those that want to get there with no tickets if they are lucky.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:19 AM   #6
byrds8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
must be talking about me .im usually 5-8 over the limit in the middle lane.however the left lane is for speeding,right lane is for the terminally slow,and center lane is for those that want to get there with no tickets if they are lucky.

LOL. I ride in the center but thats because this is Florida and everyone just pokes around so Im always passing. Its like people cannot read the speed limit signs here, they are always driving 5-10 under. And if it drizzles, its even worse. I think somewhere, parents forgot to teach these people how to drive.
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
byrds8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 11:55 PM   #7
GAD

Drives: Silver 2014 Camaro 2SS
I HATE left lane cruisers. They are the worst.
2014 Silver 2SS L99 with Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT Headers, Kooks Cat-less 3” exhaust, TS Stage 3.2 VVT CAM, Circle D 3200 Stall, E85 Kit, FIC 850cc injectors and Elite Engineering Catch Can. Dynoed at 478rwhp.
GAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:03 AM   #8
jaros44

Drives: chevrolet camaro rs/ss 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Why are there Prius drivers? They're worse than BMW drivers! I've been hit by one and nearly hit by countless Prius drivers.

One of my least favorite things about driving in Pennsylvania when I lived there was that that everyone except a few select people would camp in the left lane clogging it for most people to leave their cruise control on. However, when I went back for a visit last summer it was awesome to have a new cam and to go flying by all of them when a 3 lane section opened up and nobody was occupying the far right lane even though the left two lanes were clogged up.
ARGH, don't tell everyone, that is now my preferred lane, they all line up in the left lane like sheep, which opens up the right lane for me, I just shake my head as I go by, and they all think crazy ol man

My wife just made a comment to me, she said " what was I thinking when I allowed you to buy a car with 426 hp"

Gotta agree with the prius drivers, they are my biggest hold up
jaros44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:23 PM   #9
Heliogordy

Drives: 2010 2LT Aqua Blue/Silver Ice Rally
One of my biggest irritants is when, on a two lane highway, an 18 wheeler will pull into the left lane to pass another 18 wheeler.....and then just ride along side of the other for 5-10 miles creating a huge logjam behind them. This happens routinely on Highway 70 in Indiana like it's a game truckers are playing!!!
Heliogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:04 PM   #10
rvnmaniac

Drives: 2012 M6 ZL1. 2019 Altima.07 FJR1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliogordy View Post
One of my biggest irritants is when, on a two lane highway, an 18 wheeler will pull into the left lane to pass another 18 wheeler.....and then just ride along side of the other for 5-10 miles creating a huge logjam behind them. This happens routinely on Highway 70 in Indiana like it's a game truckers are playing!!!

Oh Yeah sounds like I-81 all day long
Old 03-08-2020, 08:47 PM   #11
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
This happens to me all the time...

Drive along with cruise control set at whatever.

Catch up to a car that was way ahead of me.

Pull into the left lane to pass.

Get along side said car... and this is the part I hate... when the gravitational force of my car starts pulling them along at the same speed.

Add a few MPH to cruise control... no good, force is too strong, they are still right beside me matching my speed exactly.

Accelerate quickly to break them out of my gravitational field... put cruise back on original speed and watch them fade off in the distance.

Sometimes it works almost in reverse when a car will pass me and pull into my lane only to have the gravitational force of my car pull them back until they are actually going slower than I am.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:53 PM   #12
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
No kidding 81 south of Harrisonburg all the way to Bristol is a pain in the butt. I’ve been tooling around LA for the last couple days. No way in hell I could ever deal with that traffic daily.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:30 PM   #13
Teeth

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
This happens to me all the time...

Drive along with cruise control set at whatever.

Catch up to a car that was way ahead of me.

Pull into the left lane to pass.

Get along side said car... and this is the part I hate... when the gravitational force of my car starts pulling them along at the same speed.

Add a few MPH to cruise control... no good, force is too strong, they are still right beside me matching my speed exactly.

Accelerate quickly to break them out of my gravitational field... put cruise back on original speed and watch them fade off in the distance.

Sometimes it works almost in reverse when a car will pass me and pull into my lane only to have the gravitational force of my car pull them back until they are actually going slower than I am.
This is hilarious, thanks for the laugh

My biggest pet peeve are the people who will brake...but not signal before. Isn't it just road etiquette to signal before braking?
L99 to LS3 conversion, Vararam ram air intake, BTR Nightfury cam, Johnson lifters, LS7 injectors, Circle D 3200 stall converter, Kooks LT headers, Custom X-pipe
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 06:29 AM   #14
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
No kidding 81 south of Alexandria Bay all the way to Bristol is a pain in the butt. I’ve been tooling around LA for the last couple days. No way in hell I could ever deal with that traffic daily.
As a former resident of upstate NY, I fixed that for you

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote