Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-08-2021, 06:39 PM   #1
Shawn Sapp
HLF NKD

Drives: 2012 RS convertible
Switched power w/ remote start

I am looking for a switched 12v power supply that is hot when the remote start is enabled and continues to be on once the key is on. Does anybody know what wire/fuse is best for this application?
Shawn Sapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:45 PM   #2
AlanRubin
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS
The 12V lighter socket & power one in the console are only on when the ignition is on,
with the key... Should also be on when the remote starter is active, since you are
using the same ignition wires for the remote starter. Power for those are in the left
side dash fuse center, two 20AMP fuses.
AlanRubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:53 PM   #3
Shawn Sapp
HLF NKD

Drives: 2012 RS convertible
I tried those 2 and they were only hot when the key was in and turn on, not when the car was running under remote start.
Shawn Sapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 11:18 PM   #4
dRuEFFECT

Drives: White 2012 1LT w/ Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Sapp View Post
I tried those 2 and they were only hot when the key was in and turn on, not when the car was running under remote start.
Did you ever find a 12v source that comes on with remote start? I've been trying to get my aftermarket radio to turn on with the remote start and want to bypass the ignition wire sensor.

I use wireless Android auto and it takes at least 30 seconds from boot up until music starts playing, not ideal but I'd still prefer to have my music going before I even open the door rather than wait until I'm a few blocks down the street, especially if I need to get directions going too.

I found pretty much everything on the driver's side fuse box is hot even when the car is off, not sure where else I should look.
dRuEFFECT is offline   Reply With Quote