Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-05-2018, 07:08 AM   #1
DameDuno

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Sound coming from rear of car

Hi all, I drive a 2012 Camaro ss. Recently I noticed a sound that can best be described as putting a marble or a quarter into a dryer and hearing it bang the sides of the dryer slowly. This only happens when driving from 5-15mph, then it stops. I recently installed MRR M017 wheels with BF Goodrich comp 2 tires. I held under the car and nothing is rubbing the tires or wheels. It’s strange because it only happens at low speeds and sometimes not at all. It sounds like it’s coming from the rear of the car.

Thanks,
Damian
DameDuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:28 PM   #2
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Are you sure it's not the e-brake cable? If I remember correctly just looking seemed like mine cleared but it would hit while under load or turning at low speeds. And didn't do it all the time. At higher speeds can't say it wasn't hitting but couldn't hear it. I could see on the cable where it was rubbing. Pretty sure it was hitting the wheel weights but not certain. I just know once I tied the cable back no more noise. Just a thought. Hope you find the problem.