Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-06-2016, 10:26 AM   #281
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
spike III Build IBM 1SS/RS [COTW] 6/25/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
When the COPO Camaro, Dodge Challenger Drag Pack, Mustang Cobra Jet, and Viper ACR-X all use the same company to build their headers it is a safe bet that they are pretty decent. Apex is a proud American Racing Headers distributor.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #282
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:15 PM   #283
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrocker1958 View Post
Stainless engineering.. Headers..fake cats...o2 extenders.. $340 to the door. Ls6..just installed a set..perfect fit
After months of researching, reading, thinking, contemplating, and agonizing over headers...I just did the same thing and ordered Speed Engineering. $340 shipped to the door. Has EVERYTHING the other brands do including great reviews. Only exceptions would be no merge spike, not US made, and no name bragging rights. With a $700+ difference, it was just too hard to pass up the Speed Engineering offering.

As much as I wanted a big hitter name brand (Kooks, ARH, Pfadt were the big boys I was considering), its foolish FOR ME to pay 200% more for name brand recognition and US made. No doubt Kooks, ARH, SW, etc have awesome headers. Not trying to knock them, or knock anyone who decided to pay more for these. Were are truly blessed with these Camaro's to be given so many options and have so many aftermarket companies that support the car.

Last edited by cc-rider; 02-08-2016 at 03:49 PM.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:26 PM   #284
Apex Motorsports

Just for comparison top to bottom; Kooks, Stainless Works, and ARH.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:28 PM   #285
RS Speedriver

Drives: 2018 camaro 1ss 1LE
Does anyone have power and tq gains from kooks headers?
RS Speedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:52 AM   #286
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Speedriver View Post
Does anyone have power and tq gains from kooks headers?
Kooks, ARH, and Stainless Works all generate almost identical gains. There is some info on it in the opening post.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #287
8balldeluxe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Victory Red
What about Speed Engineering and OBX headers?
Speed Engineering Headers w/ Texas Speed HFC's ~ Flowmaster 2 1/2" cat back w/Flowmaster Super 10's ~ Cold Air Inductions Intake w/ Scoop and WW relocate ~ VMAX CNC Spiral PTB ~ Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/Hawk pads ~ ZL1 Spoiler ~ SCTX4 RDP Tuned
8balldeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #288
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8balldeluxe View Post
What about Speed Engineering and OBX headers?
Are you asking about performance gains?
Old 02-28-2016, 10:30 AM   #289
Airbornesldr12
RunEmIfYouGotEm

Drives: She wears midnight blue ls3 m6
You guys think the flowmaster lt headers have good hp gain?
Airbornesldr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:12 PM   #290
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornesldr12 View Post
You guys think the flowmaster lt headers have good hp gain?
We have not had our hands on them and I have not seen any dyno charts on them. They will make more power than stock but they lack merge spikes which do make a difference.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #291
InfernoB
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS L99 Blk with IOM pkg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
Just for comparison top to bottom; Kooks, Stainless Works, and ARH.

Question: As far as LT Headers and HF Cats are concerned, when it comes to Kooks, American Racing, Stainless Works, Stainless Power, Pfadt, and Texas Speed... Are these manufacturers "manufacturing their own HF Cats", or are they all using someone elses product with their LT Header Packages? In other words, when I buy Pfadt Headers, am I getting HF Cats made by Pfadt... or are they perhaps using Magnaflow HF Cats? (Only used Magnaflow as an example here). However, I read somewhere that the Texas Speed LT Headers actually come with Magnaflow HF Cats.... I'm really curious to know if any of the before mentioned manufacturers are actually using the same HF Cats, and weather or not any of their HF Cats are superior? (Excluding Kooks Green Cats)... Hate to see any of the cats plugging up my mufflers... (Couldn't resist after seeing the photo)! BUT SERIOUSLY.. everyone talks about the "quality of the actual headers"; yet, we don't know anything about who made the actual HF Cats? Perhaps the Top Headers may be Made in the USA, while the actual HF Cats are made in China? How would we know? I have yet to see this question addressed on the forum or on any of the manufacturers actual web sites... They all give you an opportunity to add HF Cats without telling you anything about them, (other than how they flow... or 200 cells blah blah blah)?
InfernoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:27 PM   #292
Magna_Flow

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoB View Post
Question: As far as LT Headers and HF Cats are concerned, when it comes to Kooks, American Racing, Stainless Works, Stainless Power, Pfadt, and Texas Speed... Are these manufacturers "manufacturing their own HF Cats", or are they all using someone elses product with their LT Header Packages? In other words, when I buy Pfadt Headers, am I getting HF Cats made by Pfadt... or are they perhaps using Magnaflow HF Cats? (Only used Magnaflow as an example here). However, I read somewhere that the Texas Speed LT Headers actually come with Magnaflow HF Cats.... I'm really curious to know if any of the before mentioned manufacturers are actually using the same HF Cats, and weather or not any of their HF Cats are superior? (Excluding Kooks Green Cats)... Hate to see any of the cats plugging up my mufflers... (Couldn't resist after seeing the photo)! BUT SERIOUSLY.. everyone talks about the "quality of the actual headers"; yet, we don't know anything about who made the actual HF Cats? Perhaps the Top Headers may be Made in the USA, while the actual HF Cats are made in China? How would we know? I have yet to see this question addressed on the forum or on any of the manufacturers actual web sites... They all give you an opportunity to add HF Cats without telling you anything about them, (other than how they flow... or 200 cells blah blah blah)?
We agree with your point about the origin and quality of the catalyst being largely overlooked. Now we cant speak to which companies do and dont manufacture their own catalytic converters, but it is quite an involved business to get into- dealing with precious metals laws, the EPA, etc. Smaller performance parts companies are most likely not going to have the resources necessary to move into a market like that, so its easier to source a pre-made 3rd party cat. This is a good thing for the end customer (as long as a quality cats are used) because it keeps production cost down.

Last edited by Magna_Flow; 03-07-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Magna_Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:31 PM   #293
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoB View Post
.....SERIOUSLY.. everyone talks about the "quality of the actual headers"; yet, we don't know anything about who made the actual HF Cats? Perhaps the Top Headers may be Made in the USA, while the actual HF Cats are made in China? How would we know? I have yet to see this question addressed on the forum or on any of the manufacturers actual web sites... They all give you an opportunity to add HF Cats without telling you anything about them, (other than how they flow... or 200 cells blah blah blah)?
The Made in USA/Made In China hybrid theory you pose as question to the top dog header manufacturers, is quite interesting :cigarette:, dare I say, refreshing.

Ball in their court.

👂
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:36 PM   #294
zz430camaro

Drives: 2015 1LE
is it really that hard to pick headers for a camaro?
zz430camaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american racing headers, kooks, long tube headers, pfadt, stainless works