Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Fuel System Question Help Please!

Fuel System Question Help Please!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the Middle of upgrading my Fuel system and I am getting quite a few mixed messages. Was Hoping someone could help me out.

I have a maggie TVS2300 LT Kooks Headrers Cats and Corsa Exhaust. I went to add a little boost during a tune and found out when adding a 3,6 pulley that I ran out of fuel at 5800 RPM.

This is where the problem Lies. I am at 537 RWHP with the 3.8 but as always I want more!

I have purchased an Overdrive Crank pulley and have a 3.6 maggie pulley and will be trying to run 10 psi of boost but I need fuel! ( This setup has been run on another car so I think it is reliable with only 12 degrees of timing 22 with 100 octane)

I have been told boost a pumps are not the way to go not reliable with the ecm changing voltages all the time. ( From several Reliable Sources)

So I was looking at a Fastlane Deuce pump but have now been told that they are only a band aid even though I know several on this forum are using them and are very satisfied. Problem is getting one.

Than, just recently I was told ADM makes the best kit and they are more complete and supposedly what LPE is using in their high volume situations.

I was also told it was basically all stock GM components but the install takes 10 hours ....to pack a lunch.

But GM's own service manual says R and R a stock pump is only 4 hours.

I have been unable to find out exactly the difference between the Fastlane Deuce pump and the ADM kit that LPE supposedly uses.

Does anyone have any insight as to the differences in these two pump set ups...?

Any help would be much appriciated. I ordered the ADM setup but I am getting a little spooked by the install time quotes. I was told the fastlane pump was nothing more than R and R Obviously that's not the case with the ADM set up.

Thanks in advance for enlightening me on the differences. I know there are a lot of happy fastlane guys out there but what are the major differences in the two setups....HELP

Last edited by carguy; 04-30-2010 at 07:47 PM.
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
if it were me,i would call edelbrock.they should be able to tell you exactly what you need.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
JM10
Se habla espaņol

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS VR
I was told that Fastlane will be releasing a billet updated version which fits better and has no external lines.
Thats the one I ordered.

JM
DSS Aluminum Shaft
RPM Diff / 3.91 Gears
LPE ZR1 Clutch
Edelbrock E-Force SC / JRE Fuel Upgrade
Livernois 1C cam 570 rwhp/559 rwtq SAE
Best 1/4 time: 11.43
JM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I'm in the same boat. I am going to need a fuel pump as well so will be watching this thread.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #5
carguy
Carguy

Just confirmed my ADM unit will be here tomorrow install begins Monday will keep you posted...Dyno results will be posted on the 18th if all goes well.

Kudos to Andy at ADM and Ted and Kris at Jannetty for getting me my pump kit. My search for dual pumps has been quite the quest but in the end I think I got the most well designed kit. Will know for sure later but Have some serious testimonials to go on.

Stay tunned for ease of install, completeness of kit updates as well as Dyno results after the 18th for an actuall how did it do and was it worth the investment as far as power gains are concerned. Hopefullythere will be some good info gained and allow others to make a well informed performance decision!

Thanks again To Andy, Ted, and Kris...Appriciated
Old 04-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #6
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM10 View Post
I was told that Fastlane will be releasing a billet updated version which fits better and has no external lines.
Thats the one I ordered.

JM
I had one ordered also but got caught up in the model change....so my order got pushed back from my original install date. I had a dyno appointment scheduled for my tune with upgraded components for the 18th and it didn't look like I was going to make it with the upgraded fastlane pump so went to plan B. I have heard very good things about the fastlane pump and Speed Inc is actually testing one on a procharged camaro tomorrow. That should be interesting. I think it is the old style though. Which everyone I have talked to were happy with. I think they are just making a few improvements that pushed my timeline to far back.

I know the ADM units were pushed to over 1000 HP and I have testimonials from Jannetty, LPE. LM speed and ADM so I feel pretty comfortable with it.

A little more money but I think the kit is a little more complete and not just as simple as replacing the pump. There are many other upgrades with a system approach rather than just a pump swap. Don't plan on getting to 1000 HP but ya never know...I always seem to want more.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
DFS88

Drives: 2010 camaro ss2
Who installing the pump?

Speed Inc? My ADM pump should be here soon. Larry is doing my install i a couple weeks.
DFS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #8
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFS88 View Post
Speed Inc? My ADM pump should be here soon. Larry is doing my install i a couple weeks.
Larry told me he had one coming but didnt tell me for what.

They are doing my tune on the 18th of may.

I am doing the 10% overdrive crank pulley and a 3.6 pulley on the Maggie. He said that is what they had on their car for a while. He has a 93 octanse tune and a 100 octane tune.

Would love to do the 100 but I drive the Car too much 100 octane not available everywhere.

I am hoping for 580 RWHP and maybe 560 Ftlbs torque. At least based on their cars old setup. Might be off a little one way or another just guessing.

I am sitting at 537 / 489 right now but running out of fuel. Couldn't add the 3.6 or the crank pulley so I have been trying to solve the fuel problem before my next time slot.

Fastlane changed their design right after I ordered a pump from them and the new ones won't be out til end of next week. Couldn't wait, miss time slot. But after speaking with Andy about his setup I am feeling good about the choice so far. A little more money but a more complete set up. It will be interesting to have Larry's perspective of Both when he gets yours in. Mine should start install on Monday but wont be to speed inc until the 18th

Maybe we will cross paths along the line

Last edited by carguy; 04-30-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #9
JM10
Se habla espaņol

Since I dont have my Edelbrock SC yet I can wait a FEW days to have the twin pump.
If you dont mine.. how much more than the Fastlane cost you the ADM?

God luck with your project!

JM
DSS Aluminum Shaft
RPM Diff / 3.91 Gears
LPE ZR1 Clutch
Old 04-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Cole@Fastlane

Drives: 2010 LSX shootout champions
I know some of you have orders in with us for these dual pumps and it has taken some time but please believe me when i tell you it will be worth the wait.There is nothing on the market anything like this unit.
Cole@Fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #11
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole@Fastlane View Post
I know some of you have orders in with us for these dual pumps and it has taken some time but please believe me when i tell you it will be worth the wait.There is nothing on the market anything like this unit.
With all do respect ...I have heard absolutely nothing but good things about your pumps from those that have used them. Mine was simply a timing issue.
I just scheduled a tune based on orginal estimates on the old pump so when you guys went to the upgraded pump, which I give KUDOS to you for that, I got squeezed and had to go to plan B.

I have an L99 car that needs the same upgrade... only not quite as bad. I will look to you guys again for that when the smoke settles and you have more pumps. That car is not quite as hi a priority...My wifes car, she gets mad when I swipe it for upgrades for several other reasons

Anyway, I have heard nothin but good from those who have Fastlane pumps so I am sure it will be well worth the wait.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #12
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM10 View Post
Since I dont have my Edelbrock SC yet I can wait a FEW days to have the twin pump.
If you dont mine.. how much more than the Fastlane cost you the ADM?

God luck with your project!

JM
Don't know if the new fastlanes are going to be more than the original version they can answer that....but originally they were like 850 . I know they were using all GM parts as well.

The ADM unit has alot more stuff like a seperate second pump driver some new fuel lines and some wiring upgrades from what I am being told. Doesn't get here until tomorrow but it was 1200 bucks...Ouch. So I will know than. Also hear its a lot more labor intensive to install Jannetty said there last one they did was 10 hrs..Will find out Monday!

Here is the pitch I got...I bought it.

Our kit is complete with NEW GM FPCM made specifically for the DUAL FUEL PUMP system.It comes with all OEM lines that are gm parts.All the proper wire sizes terminals and instructions.It is many components and very complete.You will not be displeased with the final results of this kit.

Ted Jannetty, LM Speed have already tested this system as well as Lingenfelter Performance Engineering and my self.This system is the same only slightly modified for the 1000hp car we built for Landon Cassills.....

So we shall see how it shakes out in the end cause I got one more to do.

I will have had time to compare them both and see how things go over the long haul. I will wait a year on the other car, I have a safe tune in it now with 8 lbs of Boost 3.6 pulley. Rev limitter is set at 6400 ,but my wife doesnt spin it that hi...

But That 502 ftl bs of rw torque at 2200 to 2500RPM's is an absolute ball on the street so I am good for now and will do something this winter or next spring on that one. Probably overdrive crank pulley and Fuel pump.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #13
Cole@Fastlane

Drives: 2010 LSX shootout champions
The original was 850 RWHP. The new billet version going off of flow numbers from the bench test should support about 50% more.
Cole@Fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #14
JM10
Se habla espaņol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole@Fastlane View Post
The original was 850 RWHP. The new billet version going off of flow numbers from the bench test should support about 50% more.
Great news!!

Do you know when are you going to have them in stock?

JM
DSS Aluminum Shaft
RPM Diff / 3.91 Gears
LPE ZR1 Clutch