Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Dealer service department FAIL

My dad smacked something in the road last night hard enough to destroy his left front tire. He said he got in it this morning and the car "freaked out" telling him the tire had NO air pressure. (I haven't seen the tire yet, but it's gotta be gashed). So, he has to get the tire replaced.

He called the dealer we bought both his 2SS and mine from. Gets to a guy in service and starts describing the problem. Asks him a few questions about whether he needs to replace one or both etc. Asks the guy "so how much to get the new tire, mount, and balance it?'. Service guy puts him on hold.

15 minutes later:

"Uh...sir...uh......my computers aren't updated for this model so I don't know what size it is (even though he told him the size, thank you tirerack) or how to get one...so...uh...call discount tire".

WHAT?!
Old 04-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
Brilliance at its finest!
Old 04-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
deljaso

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
My dad smacked something in the road last night hard enough to destroy his left front tire. He said he got in it this morning and the car "freaked out" telling him the tire had NO air pressure. (I haven't seen the tire yet, but it's gotta be gashed). So, he has to get the tire replaced.

He called the dealer we bought both his 2SS and mine from. Gets to a guy in service and starts describing the problem. Asks him a few questions about whether he needs to replace one or both etc. Asks the guy "so how much to get the new tire, mount, and balance it?'. Service guy puts him on hold.

15 minutes later:

"Uh...sir...uh......my computers aren't updated for this model so I don't know what size it is (even though he told him the size, thank you tirerack) or how to get one...so...uh...call discount tire".

WHAT?!
Why would you buy a tire from the dealer? Sounds like you should thank the tech for saving you big money.
deljaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
I had an awesome service department but sadly, that dealership closed. The dealer who sold me my car needs to swap out all of their service techs, they're HORRIBLE. I found another dealer that was good (so far) but if it's not a warranty thing, not even going there.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
seddon

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Got one better just to show how stupid most dealers are. I took my car in for its first oil change car has 1700 miles. Dealer tells me "you don't need an oil change yet" I reply I know just wanna clean it out, I wanted to do it at 1500 miles but been busy.They didn't even know how much oil was needed and oil type. I told them what was needed and watch them to make sure. While waiting for the car I noticed an SS in the showroom, the brakes had those rollers on them that was a TSB or something they didn't even know the difference between the SS and the V6 and didn't know why those brakes were different than mine. When I left I told them what it was. Now I know why people don't go to the dealer they are idiot
Old 04-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Quote:
Originally Posted by deljaso View Post
Why would you buy a tire from the dealer? Sounds like you should thank the tech for saving you big money.
He had a lot of problems getting his gfx on and I think he worked out a deal with the service manager for highly discounted, if not free, services he was going to use on this.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Chevrolet didn't know the name of the car that took them out of dept.