Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2021, 04:19 PM   #15
DB Cooper

Drives: 2010SS
Call it the new Impala Wagon instead
2010SS 6 speed - Hennessey HPE650 Serial #14

DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:01 PM   #16
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM 2399
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
I don’t fully buy the story because there has been so much BS stories about the future of the Camaro. Do they know that it’s going to be 4 doors or just in a basic way that it’s going to be on an Sedan based EV platform so people assume 4 doors? 5th Gen Zeta platform was shared with Holden. The Gen 6 Camaro shares the basic Alpha platform with the Cadillac ATS & CTS. Gen 7 Camaro in EV form sharing an EV platform with EV Sedan’s wouldn’t be surprising. If you got a gen7 Camaro it’d have to be more practical than the current 6th. Gen car.
I agree with this perspective on it 100%.

Those sites are probably just using the Camaro name and assuming 4 doors as added click bait.

Notice how GM’s response was the same as the original Camaro to be killed after ‘23 or whenever it was, story that came out 2 years ago.
”Blue”ABM #2399, 2010 2SS/RS: GM GFX, GM Heritage, GM dovetail, Silver Ice Rally stripes.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:55 PM   #17
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Cooper View Post
Call it the new Impala Wagon instead
If they go this route they need to go back to the big body Impalas again!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:22 PM   #18
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
It’s not a Camaro if it’s 4 door. What will it be called? Camaro E-sport? Even if it’s just a 2dr EV. You can call it Camaro by slapping a Camaro emblem on it? It ain’t no Camaro just as the mustang E-Mach isn’t a mustang

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:23 PM   #19
LT1Zob

Drives: 45th RS M6 / 19 Z06 / 13 1LE SOLD
Meh, I wish GM or gM or gm or WeverTF they identify as these days, the best of luck. They've decided that EV is their only future, so I've decided that Porsche is my future. They can whore out whatever brand they want. They own the rights to it, but I won't be buying it. It's been a great 25 year run for me, I enjoyed many of their awesome cars that were designed for car enthusiasts.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:31 PM   #20
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
If they do this why do they need to call it Camaro? Are they completely out of naming creativity? Maybe they can call it the Guardian. Oh wait, that's the name of Cleveland's baseball team. How about Chevelle? At least those were available as more-door cars.
Bottom line is ariZona28 is right. JUST CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE!!!! Yeah and that Guardians thing has me pissed too and I'm not even an Indians fan.

K&N CAI, EE2 Catch-can, Changed to Black Rims(ZL Style Rims 8/2021), Oracle black out side signals, Diode Dynamics fog light LEDS, trunk LEDS, Dome LED, LED License plate lights, PFYC Aluminum Pedals, EE Clean side separator, Phastek blacked out flashing brake light, Interior Knob color match, GM interior trim kit(dash and door), GM painted engine cover. Stainless steel engine caps(yellow trim). RPI Premium Splash guards. Lloyds's mats, Caliper covers, dyed every stitch yellow on the interior.
joekono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:44 PM   #21
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM 2399
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
Bottom line is ariZona28 is right. JUST CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE!!!! Yeah and that Guardians thing has me pissed too and I'm not even an Indians fan.
Tell me about it, I was a Redskins fan for a long time. Now I don’t watch nothin but cars going around in circles on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
”Blue”ABM #2399, 2010 2SS/RS: GM GFX, GM Heritage, GM dovetail, Silver Ice Rally stripes.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:48 AM   #22
Car Nation Videos
YouTube-Car Nation Videos

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
All I can say is...hold on to your 5th gens boys...they will climb in value one day like the Toyota Supra..
Car Nation Videos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:51 AM   #23
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
Yeah and that Guardians thing has me pissed too and I'm not even an Indians fan.

Why?
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:59 AM   #24
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Why?
Cause it’s dumb. You have named a team for over a century and NOW all of a sudden someone’s offended? They need a slap in the face. Next we’ll get rid of the color black and call it opaque or onyx so as not to offend anyone. How about changing the handicap signs at stores to a Superman symbol? How about calling a Chevrolet Spark a Corvette? Don’t want to offend those that can’t afford an actual Corvette so let’s make em feel good they’re now driving a Corvette the size of a shoe box?

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:48 AM   #25
Silver14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Cause it’s dumb. You have named a team for over a century and NOW all of a sudden someone’s offended? They need a slap in the face. Next we’ll get rid of the color black and call it opaque or onyx so as not to offend anyone. How about changing the handicap signs at stores to a Superman symbol? How about calling a Chevrolet Spark a Corvette? Don’t want to offend those that can’t afford an actual Corvette so let’s make em feel good they’re now driving a Corvette the size of a shoe box?

Thanks for sharing your perspective. For what it's worth, protesting the name has been going on since the 70s. If you'd like to read an overview of the history https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clev...go_controversy
Old 07-29-2021, 01:04 PM   #26
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Thanks for sharing your perspective. For what it's worth, protesting the name has been going on since the 70s. If you'd like to read an overview of the history https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clev...go_controversy
You do know that the Cleveland Indians was named after one of the first Native American players in MLB who played for Cleveland and Chief Wahoo was an actual person right? The team and mascot were named for actual people to honor and respect them not out of disrespect. This whole movement started because somebody got a bug up their a$$ and decided to be offended about something they knew nothing about.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:23 PM   #27
Silver14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
You do know that the Cleveland Indians was named after one of the first Native American players in MLB who played for Cleveland and Chief Wahoo was an actual person right? The team and mascot were named for actual people to honor and respect them not out of disrespect. This whole movement started because somebody got a bug up their a$$ and decided to be offended about something they knew nothing about.

I am familiar with Louis Sockalexis, the naming out of honor is pretty debatable.
http://sockalexis.net/2020/12/756/
https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2014/03/18...-and-the-name/

I don't think Native Americans protesting this in 1971 = a bug up their a$$, but to each their own!

Here's some quotes from people on a topic they know nothing about
https://nypost.com/2021/07/23/clevel...erican-groups/
Old 07-29-2021, 02:13 PM   #28
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
I wish they would replace the handicap symbol with the Superman logo. That would look great on my plate.

I personally identify as a big cat, so I would appreciate it if they changed the Jax Jags to the Crackers given the town's history with Florida cattle.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote