Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-09-2019, 08:30 AM   #15
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
<HiJacked>
I have a date set at TMS (Texas Motor Speedway) in Feb... hope to make that.. road course baby!

I was hoping ECR (Eagle Canyon Raceway) would be done but, they are doing great stuff so have to be patient.

Only so much time available for this much fun ;o)
</HiJacked>

-Don
Nice. Yeah I saw that TMS event but more than 1 event a month is a no no.

ECR is doing amazing things! Makes me want to be a member there but...wish it was closer to Austin.

Maybe catch ya around a track weekend this year (by catch, I mean point you by if we're on the track at the same time haha)
Forgestar CF-5 19x11
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:54 AM   #16
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Ha, yea hope we do. Who doesn’t like talkin’ ‘bout Camaros!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #17
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Good luck - Jannetty flat out told me they wouldn't send them to me. Facebook messenger went like this:

Me: "I am having my differential rebuilt locally. I am considering having the JRE posi mod installed at the same time. The shop would like to review the install instructions prior to agreeing to complete the installation for me. Would you please forward me a copy of the instructions - I cannot find them on your website. Thanks"

JRE: "sorry we do not give out the instructions without purchase be cause it can be copied"

Me: "the concern being that somebody will then copy your design and market their own? I would think anybody that interested in doing so probably would just go ahead and invest the $200 so that they could get all the dimensions they need as well."

JRE: "Yes sir."

What a joke - that made the TruTrack an easy decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooktheSnooke View Post
LOL that makes no sense. what is the big secret about a differential? im not going to buy blind. jannetty doesnt even say whats in the kit. ill just go with the kit from camaro central instead.

https://www.camarocentral.com/2010_2..._p/clu-595.htm

this is it if anyone is interested. at least they tell u what it comes with and how to install before you buy
To address the joke.

I am sorry You don't agree with our standards.

We invested a lot of time and effort designing and testing an affordable upgrade for those with the 1 tire burnout problem that is so prevalent with this particular car.

There were many variations that were tested before final release, we had the diff in and out 7 times with 7 different combinations before final release.

It is not just the parts your purchasing, you are purchasing our Research and development that defines the parameters, specifications and details that make the posi mod successful.

The kit is 199.00 comes with detailed instructions, with pictures and specifications we are not willing to air publicly for for free.

I don't see why you can't respect that.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #18
JooktheSnooke

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
To address the joke.

We invested a lot of time and effort designing and testing an affordable upgrade for those with the 1 tire burnout problem that is so prevalent with this particular car.

There were many variations that were tested before final release, we had the diff in and out 7 times with 7 different combinations before final release.

It is not just the parts your purchasing, you are purchasing our Research and development that defines the parameters, specifications and details that make the posi mod successful.

The kit is 199.00 comes with detailed instructions, with pictures and specifications we are not willing to air publicly for for free.

Ted.
i respect that you want to protect ur product but at the same time im not going to jump in blind and just spend the money just to see if this is the direction i want to go with my set up. anyone that wants to "steal" ur idea would surely spend the 200 and then just copy. you being vague secretive about the product seems like it lost you a few customers
2010 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Stainless Works Longtubes w/ high flow cats | Muffler Delete | TSP 229/244 stage 2 cam| TSP .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Mulling high volume oil pump | PTB | Trunnion upgrade | Hurst short throw shifter | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Exedy stage 1 clutch |
JooktheSnooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #19
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
To address the joke.

Ted.
Hey Ted - you're certainly entitled to run your business how you see fit. I do understand wanting to protect the investment of R&D you placed in your product. There are plenty of other vendors out there that like to protect their information and not post it publicly, because there are, unfortunately, vendors out there looking to copy and steal others hard work.

So - I can certainly respect not sharing that publicly.

What I took issue with was your unwillingness to provide me with instructions, or any real information, when I requested them directly, in private. Again, it was your choice to handle things in that manner. You had an opportunity to make a sale there - even if you didn't want to give out specific instructions you could have given me a handful of sentences to loosely describe the process to at least give me an idea. But hey, it's your business, and if you can afford to turn away sales, good for you.

The part where our logic really diverges was in my follow up point, which is, in my opinion, right on. Anybody that is looking to duplicate your process is going to just spend the $200 "investment" to get ahold of not only the top secret instructions, but also the highly exotic materials and precision specifications that make up this incredibly complex and highly sophisticated marvel of technology.

All kidding and sarcasm aside, I appreciate that you invest time and effort into development of good aftermarket options for these cars. Things like the billet main caps for the rear end are definitely things this community can benefit from. Your posi mod represents a very economical way to return lost differential performance - and would likely have been something I would have opt'd for at the time when I inquired. Based on the way that inquiry went (and that was long before this thread began - I posted that conversation only because it was extremely relevant to the original question posed here) it's not an option I am interested in any more.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:08 PM   #20
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Would a billet caps be good for a Z28 Torsen Diff?
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:12 AM   #21
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Would a billet caps be good for a Z28 Torsen Diff?
Absolutely sir.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote