Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you let other people drive your car?
Uh-- no. Never. 229 55.05%
Yes, I'll let someone else drive it-- as long as I'm in it. 166 39.90%
Sure, I let people borrow it. I don't care. 21 5.05%
Voters: 416. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #99
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
ONLY supervised........

except for my sister that I trust with
anything. She even takes her shoes
off before she gets in
Its not legal in PA to drive without shoes.
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #100
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincoin View Post
Its not legal in PA to drive without shoes.
Same in Ohio lol.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #101
bubsy73

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0peful1 View Post
I'll be getting either a 2012 or 2013 2SS/RS soon, and hubby's pushing for an auto so he can drive it on occasion. I've always had a stick shift and love it, but since he'd be writing the check for this one, I'm considering his request. I know it'll freak me out to see him drive off in it.

Regarding your story, woman to woman, I think it's time for an upgrade from B6 (boyfriend of 6 yrs). Lol. Saw you in the V6/V8 thread and had to say it. . I agree with ^^. If he really was too embarrassed to go to a meeting in his farm truck, that says something about insecurities to me. Plus the guilt trip, and sounds like the lunch with dad was the real reason he wanted it. He lied to you, disregarded your feelings (he has to know how much you love your car - we do!), mistreated your valued and expensive possession. Apparently the kids' ill-advised game isn't new, so he chose to tear down the street anyway. Rather than being proud of being with a beautiful woman with a beautiful car and the work you've put into acquiring/maintaining it, he took credit for it. Lied again, then got mad when you wouldn't be dishonest! To top it off, he then insults you.

Soooo, glad this got you thinking...and, look ^^! Obviously, finding interested guys who understand what respecting a woman (and her car) look like won't be too hard!

This is one upgrade that will cost you less than sticking with the old model!
X2

My husband has equal access though it is a motivator for me to quit smoking (5weeks now). So I usually drive it. I would let my dad drive cause he's a car enthusiast, but he lives a fair distance from me so it hasn't happened yet, but again I wouldn't hesitate. My husband is a far safer driver than I am...when we met he drove slower than my grandma...still does lol
Anyone else, only if they have something similar that they value...
Good luck tonight and btw your best years are not behind you. Stay positive and only accept that you deserve better than what you've been getting. It's a 2 way street and if it was me I'd kick him to the curb and live my life a spinster than tolerate that!
bubsy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #102
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy73 View Post
X2

My husband has equal access though it is a motivator for me to quit smoking (5weeks now). So I usually drive it. I would let my dad drive cause he's a car enthusiast, but he lives a fair distance from me so it hasn't happened yet, but again I wouldn't hesitate. My husband is a far safer driver than I am...when we met he drove slower than my grandma...still does lol
Anyone else, only if they have something similar that they value...
Good luck tonight and btw your best years are not behind you. Stay positive and only accept that you deserve better than what you've been getting. It's a 2 way street and if it was me I'd kick him to the curb and live my life a spinster than tolerate that!
Congrats on 5 weeks . Very healthy change.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #103
MediumLabowski

Drives: '16 FiST
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
NO!

some folks arent even allowed to look at it
MediumLabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #104
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Stupid and shallow... He has absolutely no respect if he is going to lie like that and treat your stuff like he did. I'd let him know in simple terms he will never drive your car again as you can not trust him. If this was reversed you know a guy would be pissed at his girl for doing this stuff. Don't let it slide IMO

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #105
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumLabowski View Post

some folks arent even allowed to look at it
Old 05-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #106
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
My wife drives it once in a while, usually when she wants to, but she is a great driver and babies the car more than I do. I don't even mind her taking off to run an errand by herself in it, I trust her that much. However- she is the ONLY one I let drive it. If somebody else wants to drive it I tell them to go get their own, I am the one paying for it, it will be ME who breaks it if it gets broken, I bought the car for ME, not for someone who wants to test drive it, that's what dealerships are for.
When my wife gets her new Jeep Wrangler I want to be able to drive it if I want and I probably will, but I respect her vehicle and the fact that it is "her" car, this boyfriend of yours is a douchebag.....you can do better, and you know that.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #107
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
i let some ppl drive mine they cant be no harder on it than i am

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #108
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
My wife drives it once in a while, usually when she wants to, but she is a great driver and babies the car more than I do. I don't even mind her taking off to run an errand by herself in it, I trust her that much. However- she is the ONLY one I let drive it. If somebody else wants to drive it I tell them to go get their own, I am the one paying for it, it will be ME who breaks it if it gets broken, I bought the car for ME, not for someone who wants to test drive it, that's what dealerships are for.
When my wife gets her new Jeep Wrangler I want to be able to drive it if I want and I probably will, but I respect her vehicle and the fact that it is "her" car, this boyfriend of yours is a douchebag.....you can do better, and you know that.
That last sentence
Old 05-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #109
Mr.Jgunn65

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2/SS
Fire that SONOFBitch and get yourself a real man with is own camaro.
Mr.Jgunn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #110
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
I let my son drive it, but I follow him in his 1SS.

gramps
Old 05-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #111
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I can't vote because there isn't a choice for me. It depends on who and what they are doing as to one: if I'm going to let them do at all, two: if I have to be with them or three: If I don't care and let them use it alone.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #112
hunt

Drives: 10 SS 08 675 13 Stryker 10 S1000RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
He thinks I'm stupid, shallow and materialistic for being pissed.

He's trying to put the blame on you instead of taking responsibility for his actions when he got caught. Same quality you find in people who are addicted to substances.

Dump him and never look back imo.

Tags
time to upgrade to me!, wgas, whoa tag hater is jelly