Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-03-2019, 10:50 PM   #1
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Yet another LFX oil pressure question

Changed the oil today Mobil 1 and it seems the warm idle oil pressure has slowly diminished over the past couple years, about 3k miles in those two years. Oil changed annually at least though. Oil was dark like a normal change and not gritty.

Gauge pictured at warm idle with about 12-13 psi. When I installed gauge cluster a couple years ago was around 20-25 psi.
Picture at just 1000 rpm's with around 22 psi also warm. Pressure increase like normal with higher revs.
Cold start up I get the usual pegged around 70 psi and over 50 psi when driving around 1800 rpm's after warm.

Read as many threads(couple below) as could on this and some say only need 10 psi and others mention having around 30 at idle. Didn't find anything definitive though.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...X+oil+pressure
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273243

Car has 36,000 miles with bolt-ons and catch can.
I empty the catch can about every 500 miles has the usual couple ounces of gunk. Car maybe uses around 1/2 quart between oil changes. Never run low on oil thanks to all the tips on here about checking it regularly.

Should I take it to the dealership and have it checked out before damage occurs? To late?
Should I be concerned?

Side note I had been taking it to dealership for its free oil changes until now. Not sure why I never thought of it but didn't ever ask for a good synthetic when they changed it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tajefe Couple; 04-04-2019 at 12:11 AM.
Tajefe Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:49 PM   #2
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
I'd hook up a mechanical gauge to check for accuracy.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:28 PM   #3
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
I'd hook up a mechanical gauge to check for accuracy.
Thank you. Was my next question if that was possible with these. If it was a 1970's car would have been one of my first thoughts. Some reason was an after thought with the Camaro. Still learning about these DI engines. Thank goodness for Camaro 5.
Will try post results and hopefully some pictures.

Thanks again really appreciate it!