Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #99
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Love my Model 29 S&W too! It really is fun, especially when making my own loads and tracking the results. It turned into part of the fun to keep records of every load and how they work!
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #100
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceaholic View Post
I collect and preserve spacecraft and launch vehicle artifacts (mostly from the early U.S. Manned Space program - Project Mercury, Gemini and Apollo). Have a number of items that have been to the moon, lots of small bi-propellant rocket engines, Apollo Command Module, Lunar Module, Saturn V components. Some of the thrusters are shown in the attached image - more info on my activities via this page of the website http://www.SPACEAHOLIC.com/about.htm
Do you have anything from the Apollo or Viking Mission Camera's by any chance? My dad worked on both of those and since he passed so young, we never got to talk much about them.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #101
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
Love my Model 29 S&W too! It really is fun, especially when making my own loads and tracking the results. It turned into part of the fun to keep records of every load and how they work!
Nice dan
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #102
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Thanks! Very satisfying when you have a small grouping at 25yds! I was actually quite surprised about what was the most accurate.

But real fun is letting someone else shoot a "heavy" load at dusk out doors. Muzzle flash and surprise are priceless.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #103
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
aye true that!
Ive got a press n dies for all kinds of calibers was gonna start reloading again just havent set it up yet. I have way too many hobbies and not enuff time
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #104
Pappa Joe

Quote:
Thanks! Very satisfying when you have a small grouping at 25yds! I was actually quite surprised about what was the most accurate.

But real fun is letting someone else shoot a "heavy" load at dusk out doors. Muzzle flash and surprise are priceless.
Aye specially with a .44 mag Do you use hot loads or target loads?
never shot a .44 whats the kick like say compared to a .357 or .45acp?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #105
Pappa Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBlkZL1 View Post
Hunting, fishing, and being a "Sweeper"

I used to be a I.E.D Sweeper when I was in Afghanistan.. It sucked but I loved it.

I guess thats when finger gardening comes in,, looking for fingers in a mine field
Old 05-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #106
Pappa Joe

[QUOTE=littlecammi;6547715]Very nice guitar playing. Kudos.

I've had five German shepherd dogs over the last 20 years that have been the very best things in my life. I still have two now (ages 1 and 11) that are more fun to play with than anything else on Earth (even than my '64 Strat).

How can you not love a man who loves dogs, I got a pup a few months ago Bull Mastiff/shepherd cross, shes a small pony at 6 months lol she dwarfs my other dog, American bulldog/boxer cross!and hes about 8 years old. First dog I ever owned was a German shepherd btw... love em!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #107
WILD67

Drives: '12 ZL1 / '67 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2WSS View Post
Fishing
Hockey cards. Huge NHL fan

Pappa Joe, you have a beautiful daughter. Im sure you already knew that though
Lemme guess... A Wings fan? That's ok and not going to BYBs as my dad played ball with and trained Mr. Hockey during the off season in Sask back in the day. Kinda dating myself...

Likin' the beers and wings and racks... Not necessarily in that order.

Right now, NHL playoff, even though I said I wouldn't watch after the strike plus an Oilers fan so not much to cheer about... yet, and off course return to patio season in Alberta and in training for the Stampede!!!

OP - I'm in your neck of the woods on an Ops sched working at Firebag outside of FM.
WILD67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #108
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post
I will ask normagene what is finger gardening.
Happy to explain, first I have to say something about my husband, he absolutely adores me and always (almost 30 years now) puts me first. He knows how I love my garden with beautiful flowers everywhere. I saw this small pink granite garden bench, just big enough for two, and the seat is about five or six inches thick. The seat alone weighs 200 pounds and each leg has to be around a 100 pounds. It's quite hefty. So what does my husband tell me, "I want that bench for my birthday", really, even for his own birthday the present he wants is something for me.

Now to the Finger Gardening: I'm not a sun person so I go out with my sun hat and of course a long long cold cold glass of ice tea to sit on my bench. And there's my husband digging/cutting/trimming/raking etc. and dirty just dripping with sweat. I look at all his hard work and with my finger I point and say; "MOVE THAT SHRUB SIX INCHES TO THE LEFT AND THAT ONE YOU JUST PLANTED THERE, NO NO NO MOVE THAT OVER HERE. OH YEAH, NOT TO BE PICKY BUT YOU MISSED A SPOT OVER THERE".

That's my husbands favorite story to tell, doesn't matter if its true or not, he just loves to tell it. For the record its NOT true, he works too hard so I let him enjoy his story. Always seems to make everyone laugh!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #109
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Happy to explain, first I have to say something about my husband, he absolutely adores me and always (almost 30 years now) puts me first. He knows how I love my garden with beautiful flowers everywhere. I saw this small pink granite garden bench, just big enough for two, and the seat is about five or six inches thick. The seat alone weighs 200 pounds and each leg has to be around a 100 pounds. It's quite hefty. So what does my husband tell me, "I want that bench for my birthday", really, even for his own birthday the present he wants is something for me.

Now to the Finger Gardening: I'm not a sun person so I go out with my sun hat and of course a long long cold cold glass of ice tea to sit on my bench. And there's my husband digging/cutting/trimming/raking etc. and dirty just dripping with sweat. I look at all his hard work and with my finger I point and say; "MOVE THAT SHRUB SIX INCHES TO THE LEFT AND THAT ONE YOU JUST PLANTED THERE, NO NO NO MOVE THAT OVER HERE. OH YEAH, NOT TO BE PICKY BUT YOU MISSED A SPOT OVER THERE".

That's my husbands favorite story to tell, doesn't matter if its true or not, he just loves to tell it. For the record its NOT true, he works too hard so I let him enjoy his story. Always seems to make everyone laugh!
As a matter of fact I was wondering myself just what 'finger gardening' was. I even tried looking it up but all I got were hits on 'Green Finger Gardening'

This makes waaaaay more sense.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #110
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Joe View Post
thank you ..actually 2 beautiful daughters Attachment 513429
Pappa Joe, do your daughters what to go boating ?
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #111
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
When I'm not jamming gears in my Z I like to shoot things and off road! haha

Old 05-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #112
Zikma

Drives: ZL1 2012 # 721; 2013 Tahoe Z71
The Z is for Summer, the Doo is for winter. The in between months are for hunting and fishing.
Attached Images

Zikma is offline   Reply With Quote