Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-16-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Something seems a little fishy...

So, yesterday, my idiot neighbor was hauling ass all over the neighborhood. Screeching around turns, laying rubber, skidding around... in his 10 year old Hyundai Sonata... very stylish. Ahem.

I went out in the street, yelled at his dumb ass. Told him to slow the F down, or else. He's scared of me, so he seemed to comply easily. And, the next time he left the driveway (he goes in and out a LOT, since, being a low- level drug dealer, he's always making runs), he was slow and careful. However, as soon as he got out of Mean Ass Neighbor range, I could hear him rev it up and haul ass. Fine. Just not near my house.

A little while later he returned. Only, this time, his whole front bumper, and the driver's side fender were missing. He LEFT with them, a few minutes before... but did not return with them.

My wife was on a local chatroom. It suddenly lit up, with a number of people saying things to the effect of, "Damn! Somebody in a white car just hit- and- ran! My car is all jacked up!" Another person, a block over, mentioned that a white car had just headered into some metal poles, when he failed to negotiate a turn... also hit and run.

I encouraged my wife to let these people know where to find this white car.

And NOW... ol' boy has parked his car nose- first (he ALWAYS parks on the street... 'cept fer today!) in the driveway, and is HAND PAINTING (yes, with a brush!) his car... a different color.

Seems a little suspicious to me... however, his mom (who he lives with, even though he is 30 years old) is a cop, so there's really not much that's ever going to come of this. Other things like this have always been swept under the rug, as this will be, too. Yes, this HAS been reported... stay tuned for updates. As mentioned, there probably won't BE any updates, but, who knows... if there are, I will fill you in!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:02 AM   #2
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
What you need to do is report this to a different department, if his mom works for a local dept call the state police or vice versa
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:07 AM   #3
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Good to know shadyness is universal.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:17 AM   #4
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
So, yesterday, my idiot neighbor was hauling ass all over the neighborhood.
My wife was on a local chatroom.
lmao. being a concerned citizen might seem like a positive move in the moment but being a mind your own business type is much more rewarding and less stressful in the long term.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:30 AM   #5
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
What you need to do is report this to a different department, if his mom works for a local dept call the state police or vice versa
A low life dealer and Moms a Cop!!!!! I would call the Sheriffs department.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #6
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
lmao. being a concerned citizen might seem like a positive move in the moment but being a mind your own business type is much more rewarding and less stressful in the long term.

Yeah, it's not about "minding my own biz," because when he runs over the neighbor kid, or crashes into my parked car, or hits some innocent person, because then the asshole is the person too f'n lazy to have tried doing anything about it. There are those who take action, and there are those who shirk responsibility as citizens because it's easier to do nothing... less stressful, sure, to do nothing... but I don't respect inaction.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:47 AM   #7
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Sorry, but I would have had to call a few different agencies, even the news. Then you can stand in the back ground of the interview and act all shocked that his dumba$$ got caught.

But when he returned without bumpers and fender, I definitely would have had to walk over and inquire to what happened between leaving and returning. ...cause it would have to be one funny story.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:47 AM   #8
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
There is a thing called anonymous tip. To CHP.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:22 PM   #9
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing"
Call it in

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #10
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
About the only thing that would make this story better would be if I was in your lawn watching everything unfold while sitting in my chair. That's pretty funny. I'd love to see him hand paint his car. (everyone knows rollers are the way to go, BTW).

Like others said above, 1. call the cops, 2. call another dept/ precinct, 3. call the local news if you genuinely think it's being swept under the rug. Local news has nothing better to do.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #11
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Crime Stopper Tip Line...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #12
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Maybe he was just "driving it like he stole it." ?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:12 PM   #13
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Hope he used exterior paint...lol...what an idiot. Report him before he kills himself or more importantly someone else