Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-16-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
Looked at the '16ss today

Cold winter's day here in Ohio. Got bored and decided to check out the '16 ss at the local Chevy dealer has in the show room. It is a black ss fully optioned with a $48k sticker.
I did not drive it, but looked over and sat in it.

My thoughts...
Now that I saw it in person, really like the looks, especially the front end, very aggressive and sinister looking. The rear and side view are acceptably good looking, although I like the rear of my '11 better. I would not let that stop me though.
The interior is a nice upgrade as far as appointment. However, the rear and side visibility is very poor. The rear quarter Windows might as well be non existent. The roof is pretty low, I am 5'11" and had to lower the seat all the way and move it back pretty far so the little bit of hair left on my head, barely cleared.

I am sure it would be fun to drive, but I think it would be very annoying with all the blind spots. I would probably like the vert when they come out. Might look again when they are out.

At this point, I would not be compelled to trade up, especially at that price point.
Just thought I would share my thoughts.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #2
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
,, Ordered one
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Drove two last week. I was actually shocked that for the first time ever I think I preferred the automatic over the manual. I think the bottom 6 gears are below a 1:1 ratio with 7 and 8 being overdrive so that thing gets up and boogies down the road. The performance of both was great corners significantly better than my '10, but I did not care for how tight and small the car felt to me. Hyper Blue Metallic is dead sexy, but I think I'll hang onto my 5th gen for a while still.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:59 PM   #4
CurtiSSWatson

Drives: Black SS
5'11 and no space....yeah lol. Do you ride with your seat heavily reclined.
CurtiSSWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:17 PM   #5
Kens ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtiSSWatson View Post
5'11 and no space....yeah lol. Do you ride with your seat heavily reclined.
Nope , I don't like backrest reclined when driving. It was a sunroof car, ,maybe that brings the roof line lower? But I did have to fully lower the seat and move back to keep from brushing the roof. Like I said I have thin hair lol. If I had full head of curly hair, it would still brush the roof.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:21 PM   #6
Kens ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
,, Ordered one
Congrats! I think anyone looking in their rear view mirror seeing you coming up fast, will take notice!
Not to say they will get out of your way though lol.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:23 PM   #7
Lumix

Drives: 2015 1LT
I looked at them today too. Not impressed with any part of the '16. Yes it's smaller and lighter but that's where the good news ends. I think it's too small and I couldn't find anything I liked at all in any part of the exterior styling. That front fascia is a real question mark. It doesn't remind me of anything camaro. I don't know what it reminds me of...nothing comes to mind. It's just a god awful mess. I'm thinking about buying a '15 while they're still around.
Lumix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:29 PM   #8
Kens ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumix View Post
I looked at them today too. Not impressed with any part of the '16. Yes it's smaller and lighter but that's where the good news ends. I think it's too small and I couldn't find anything I liked at all in any part of the exterior styling. That front fascia is a real question mark. It doesn't remind me of anything camaro. I don't know what it reminds me of...nothing comes to mind. It's just a god awful mess. I'm thinking about buying a '15 while they're still around.
As far as the front goes, I liked it the best. Just taken more aggressive than the '14&'15, which was already getting more sleek and aggressive looking. Is a big leap from the '10 to '13.
But personally, I still see Camaro, even without any badging. From the rear, maybe not so much.
I also looked at a Vette, loved it, but was stickered at over $95k. I did not even bother to sit in the Vette though
Old 01-16-2016, 06:35 PM   #9
Lumix

Drives: 2015 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kens ss View Post
As far as the front goes, I liked it the best. Just taken more aggressive than the '14&'15, which was already getting more sleek and aggressive looking. Is a big leap from the '10 to '13.
But personally, I still see Camaro, even without any badging. From the rear, maybe not so much.
I also looked at a Vette, loved it, but was stickered at over $95k. I did not even bother to sit in the Vette though
I looked at vettes too. They had a new 16 on the floor for $59K. Not too bad!
Lumix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:35 PM   #10
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
I wouldn't say that I would not ever buy one, but my car still has a lot of life left to it. I'm also not done modding it...lol. I am a big guy (6' tall 215 lbs.) so if it is smaller inside, don't know how I would like that. The 2016 is still a Camaro and i can still see that in the new model for sure even if there are things I don't care for about it. There were things I didn't like about my car, that is why I have made the changes I have made. The biggest thing to me is the price jump. I saw a 2016 2SS on the lot last week, it sold already, for $49k MSRP, and there was a 2015 fully loaded 2SS advertised for $40k. I have around $36k total in my car right now (price and mods), and it would be hard to get a 2016 1SS auto for that.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:08 PM   #11
Kens ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumix View Post
I looked at vettes too. They had a new 16 on the floor for $59K. Not too bad!
Compared to the 48k Camaro, if I had to pay sticker, I would find the extra 11k for the Vette.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:10 PM   #12
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kens ss View Post
Cold winter's day here in Ohio. Got bored and decided to check out the '16 ss at the local Chevy dealer has in the show room. It is a black ss fully optioned with a $48k sticker.
I did not drive it, but looked over and sat in it.

My thoughts...
Now that I saw it in person, really like the looks, especially the front end, very aggressive and sinister looking. The rear and side view are acceptably good looking, although I like the rear of my '11 better. I would not let that stop me though.
The interior is a nice upgrade as far as appointment. However, the rear and side visibility is very poor. The rear quarter Windows might as well be non existent. The roof is pretty low, I am 5'11" and had to lower the seat all the way and move it back pretty far so the little bit of hair left on my head, barely cleared.

I am sure it would be fun to drive, but I think it would be very annoying with all the blind spots. I would probably like the vert when they come out. Might look again when they are out.

At this point, I would not be compelled to trade up, especially at that price point.
Just thought I would share my thoughts.

You don't know that yet , but your subconcient already decided to trade your present car to a 16 !
You may ask how I know about that , and I will just have to tell you , wait and see
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #13
Kens ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
You don't know that yet , but your subconcient already decided to trade your present car to a 16 !
You may ask how I know about that , and I will just have to tell you , wait and see
Hmm seems that maybe you do know me? Lol

Well it is true that every few years, I fall for a different car (yes I am a car slut), when I do decide it's time for a change, I usually swing pretty wide. I may get bashed for saying this, but am not even 100% brand loyal.

Recent examples: Big Dog hard tail chopper with 300mm rear tire and 117 S&S Sidwinder motor, then a Dodge Challenger, then Charger, then Shelby Cobra (2 seater roadster), Camaro. Before all those is a very long list lol. If I were rich I would have a warehouse full of toys, but since I am just a dummy...it's one toy at a time.
Next up (if ever) would be the Stingray.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:50 PM   #14
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
I just got back from an Auto Expo. Looked at a 2016 Camaro, couldn't tell if it was the V6 or the Turbo 4. I think the sticker was just under $40K. I noticed it had the 6-piston front brake calipers and slotted disks. Funny thing, it had the stock V-6 brakes on the back--No Brembos. Just the front calipers alone were a $3,200 option! I can get the ZL1 big brakes on my 2010 for half that.