Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-19-2016, 03:06 PM   #169
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera_thecamaro View Post
The V6 I want to be when I grow up... <3
LOL So awesome to watch your build man!!
Thanks! I appreciate your support in my build
Old 11-19-2016, 03:07 PM   #170
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Congrats on COTW and Home Page article!!!
Thanks mlee and hammdo!
Old 11-27-2016, 06:48 PM   #171
djcolopi

Stripped some more weight off....front seat belts (6.0 lbs) and the side trim (still need to weigh them; will post it up later). I then took off the insulation over the wheel wells and cleaned up the adhesive material; spent way too much time trying to get it off. Rear half is totally stripped now; just need to clean up all the seam sealer, remove the 'tub' (inspiration from the G5.R build) and get it all painted up before installing a 6pt cage from RPM (Planned for 2017).

I also need to install my new spark plugs and install the B&M trans cooler; hopefully this can be done by the end of this upcoming week. Then I will have JE adjust the tune and get her dynoed one last time before I build the block.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #172
djcolopi

B&M trans cooler has been installed by 301 garage. I was just going to top off the transmission fluid; however, the fluid was brownish/black in color, so I have decided to get it flushed at 32,682 miles.

Part List: Parts listed in red were not used
B&M SuperCooler Transmission Cooler-Part # 70266
B&M Transmission Cooler Mounting Kit-Part # 80278
Russell Performance -6AN Full Flow Hose End (Red/Blue)-Part # 610020 -6 AN Hose; -6 AN Outlet; Straight; Anodized; Red/Blue; Aluminum; Single
Russell Performance AN to NPT Fitting (Blue)-Part # 670150
Russell Performance 90° -6AN Swivel (Black)-Part # 613165
Russell Performance -6AN Stainless Steel Braided Hose (10 Feet)-Part # 632070
JEGS 1/8 NPSM to -6AN Transmission Fitting (Black/Pair)-Part # 113600
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #173
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Looks like you totally bypassed your radiator. How cold does it get in the winter where you live?
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:54 AM   #174
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Looks like you totally bypassed your radiator. How cold does it get in the winter where you live?
Yeah I totally bypassed the radiator. In the Mid-Atlantic we can get in the single digits. However, I am about to park her in the garage during the winter months; so it should not get below 40 degrees. I can get away with walking everywhere.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #175
djcolopi

So I drove out to my dealership today to get the trans flushed. I informed them of the aftermarket transmission cooler and lines and my TT setup so nothing was messed with or dmaged. 90 minutes later, a service tech comes up to me and informs me they cannot do a flush. The machine is not compatible with AN fittings. So they asked about just dropping the pan to do a drain and change the filter and gasket. I gave them the go ahead. Another 90 minutes later they come up and inform me they do not have the gasket and filter in stock. They had to order one. I set this appointment up 10 days ago to service my transmission and informed them of the setup, yet somehow it eluded them that they needed parts for my transmission

On another note, does anyone use an AEM Digital Transmission Temperature Gauge or any gauge to monitor transmission temps? I am looking at purchasing one and installing it too monitor my transmission temps.

Last edited by djcolopi; 12-18-2016 at 09:23 PM.
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:00 PM   #176
djcolopi

Just ordered an RPM rollbar firewall powder coated inferno orange! I know its adding some weight back, but its necessary due to NHRA rules; a firewall must separate driver from fuel and batteries. Furthermore, it should also give the rear half a clean look. Should have it this time next week.

Last edited by djcolopi; 12-21-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:37 PM   #177
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
Just ordered an RPM firewall powder coated inferno orange! I know its adding some weight back, but its necessary due to NHRA rules; a firewall must separate driver from fuel and batteries. Furthermore, it should also give the rear half a clean look. Should have it this time next week.
Do you have a web link for that?
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:41 PM   #178
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Do you have a web link for that?
Yeah here you go.......I was talking to Rob today and they will have a new and improved website up and running in January. They are also working on developing a chute mount for the 5th gen camaros.

http://rpmrollbar.com/products.html
Old 12-21-2016, 08:42 PM   #179
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Oh Duh, RPM roll bars. That's on my wish list for the next couple years.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 PM   #180
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Oh Duh, RPM roll bars. That's on my wish list for the next couple years.
LOL my bad haha ill go up and add that onto the original post Yeah he said I had perfect timing since they are painting a few rollbars inferno orange; so they already painted my fire wall today. I was like damn.....I need to wait and see about funding for this upcoming semester for my research otherwise I would be getting the 4pt rollbar with 6pt extensions. I wish they were painting my rollbar.

Last edited by djcolopi; 12-23-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:36 PM   #181
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I like the idea of having a firewall back there, especially now that I have a meth tank in the trunk. Our track checks nothing for test and tune nights but it would make me feel better. I might have to look into this.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:06 PM   #182
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I like the idea of having a firewall back there, especially now that I have a meth tank in the trunk. Our track checks nothing for test and tune nights but it would make me feel better. I might have to look into this.
Purchased it from RPM rollbars and paid $157.95 shipped and powder coated inferno orange. Would look sharp in summit white