Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-24-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
dporter6
Wicked_2SS

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS
Any cool stories of Your 5th Gen SS or Zl1

Hey Camaro Family. I was just wondering if you guys had any cool or random story about the attention you get from your camaro. I have a 2014 red 2ss with black stripes, and it get a lot of attention from kids,Teenagers, Ladies, Etc. People want to race all the time, complaiments non stop. Just wanted to hear your experiences, because i feel the 5th Gen camaros are timeless.
dporter6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
one of the young girls at work loves my badass black mustang.i hadda tell her it was a BVM camaro...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
0-120

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS LS3
I get the competitive notion from some drivers as well. I’d hardly call it a race.

It is fun revving beside a fine young thing!
Old 02-24-2019, 06:55 PM   #4
Shutudwn

Drives: 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
On the street my car got lots of compliments, especially when I was waiting in traffic. With the right options these cars can look really good. Shortly after I bought it some random person ask if I wanted to sell it. That didn't happen in my Bonneville.
Shutudwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:09 PM   #5
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I drove it into work one day which I rarely ever do as I have a company truck I normally commute in. A co-worker jumps out of his Hyundai sportute and proceeds to tell me my car screams of a mid-life crisis (I'm mid 50's now). A couple of the office women were outside sitting at a picnic table eating their lunch.

They wholeheartedly disagreed with him & said the car was gorgeous & then proceeded to ask me if it had a V8 in it. And I'm like f*ck yeah it does! The ladies know! I asked the guy if he felt all dead inside driving his Hyundai after that.....

One other time I was heading into the City near me with my girlfriend & 4 kids in a Cavalier do a joking Ricer flyby but they were obviously just having fun all grins & smiles and cheers. My GF says are you going to ignore that & believe me I tried but I dropped the hammer and blew past them which they loved! They just wanted to see & hear the Camaro go so I figured WTH why not. They cheered as I blew past & were chatting me up at the next stop light said they all loved the car. That was fun! Nice kids.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:11 PM   #6
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Actually, my cool story is that I myself have resisted trading my 2010 for a much quicker Gen 6 because the Gen 5 looks so cool.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:38 PM   #7
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
A few times I’ve come out of the grocery store or even once at church to find some one standing next to it admiring it. I usually hit the remote start just to watch them panic a little, before coming up and enjoying a conversation that usually involves a few questions. What year is it, what color is it, does it have a V8, a couple times I’ve been asked if it’s for sale. As long as they are keeping a little distance I don’t get too worried. It’s always locked, keys in my pocket. These cars seem to still get quite a bit of attention even though they are going on 10 years old.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:00 PM   #8
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
After I got my car back from having a cam put in I was cruising around town enjoying it and seeing what she would do and everywhere I went I got looks from people and a bunch of thumbs up and waves. The color itself typically gets looks, but having the cam in it made people really notice.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:03 PM   #9
dporter6
Wicked_2SS

haha i know when people want to see the camaro in action it def boosts your adrenaline for sure.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:08 PM   #10
dporter6
Wicked_2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
After I got my car back from having a cam put in I was cruising around town enjoying it and seeing what she would do and everywhere I went I got looks from people and a bunch of thumbs up and waves. The color itself typically gets looks, but having the cam in it made people really notice.
that blue is a sick color by itself. So i know adding a cam only made people love it more. even if the car is 10 years old, it doesn't look out of date at all. They look better then 6th Gens in my honest opinion. Looks like a true muscle car.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:10 PM   #11
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I’m with you both, I know ABM is the sole reason mine gets the attention it does.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:10 PM   #12
dporter6
Wicked_2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
A few times I’ve come out of the grocery store or even once at church to find some one standing next to it admiring it. I usually hit the remote start just to watch them panic a little, before coming up and enjoying a conversation that usually involves a few questions. What year is it, what color is it, does it have a V8, a couple times I’ve been asked if it’s for sale. As long as they are keeping a little distance I don’t get too worried. It’s always locked, keys in my pocket. These cars seem to still get quite a bit of attention even though they are going on 10 years old.
hahah i def was in the store before and a guy literally had two hands on my window trying to see my interior and checking out my car. lol It was kinda weird, so i didn't say anything
Old 02-24-2019, 09:15 PM   #13
dporter6
Wicked_2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I get compliments wherever I go in mine and I only have the V6. Heck, I even tell them that it's only a V6 and they still tell me it's a real nice car.

It seems the only people that down the V6 are the V8 owners on here with sluggish L99's. In the real world, it's very different.
Sorry bro, i didn't mean to come off like a dush, as being a previous v6 owner I did get some looks to. No Harm.I just know from experience people get excited when they see a V8. lol and i do have a l99 with a tune and other mods, Its a monster. Believe me
Old 02-25-2019, 06:17 AM   #14
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
Anyway, lets see.. yeah I'm boring and never street race. Just get compliments nonstop driving anywhere. I like my L99, it'll pull 1.5 60' times and the mods are really just getting started.
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote