Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #365
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Really enjoying all the differant views here, and it just makes me hungry to get my new camaro. I even made my very first post here pertaining to this thread after waiting in the background and learning as much as possible to get the best possible beast with a full factory warrenty!

Yeah I could get an SS and mode it to death like I did with my 87 Grand National, but i"m older and more mature now (coughs), so I want a warrenty this time.

To the tree hungers I paid my dues and drove several Honda Accords (kids family man), but now its time MPG's be damned its time for me again!

I remember th Rumble of my brothers IROC, boy that was sweet, he is currently driving a Mustang 2006 GT . I told him hey the new Z28 is coming out soon and his responce was WTF geeze why didn't they keep making them. So maybe I can convert him from the dark side when he see's mine .

I really hope will see some more colors available when these come out, I plan on keeping it mostly stock except for a number of cosmetic improvements along the way.

Hopefully if they come out with two versions wil be able to see both versions before we make a decision on our final choice. I would hate to buy one and find out three months latter that I really wanted the other one instead!

I'm getting anxious and I know it's going to be awhile before ones in my driveway, so I need to be patient and have my seditative now. Oh nurse (my very understanding wife), have that shot of Jack ready for me yet?

If I have mispelled anything in this post, please disregard because it's Friday night and I am bit intoxicated.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #366
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
From what I understand GM didn't renew their right. So SLP jumped and grabbed it.
I really think the 330 is a typo or mistake.
305 or 315 is more like it.
But go look at those spy shots again....consider that the fronts are 285s....and then see how big the rears look in comparison? 330 might actually be legit! Z06 has 275f 325r.....

I can imagine from an engineering/handling perspective they wanted to keep that rear end STUCK when you accelerate out of a corner...and that's very hard to do with 'standard' rubber (look no further than the GT500).

A lot of posts in here........I was going to try and read them all....back when it was only 8 pages long....so I guess I'll have to start here.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #367
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi
I know someone out there can answer this question for me. ZL1 was an original Chevy/GM name. How did it become exclusive to SLP so that Chevy cannot use it any longer? Thanks, for the help.
Quote:
From what I understand GM didn't renew their right. So SLP jumped and grabbed it.
I know that SLP works closely with GM and in the past they did the conversions of Z/28 to SS for GM, but I'am not totally sold on GM not being able to use the ZL-1 moniker on their top of the line Camaro.

SLP is using the production Camaro convertibles wheels on the ZL edition cars it is producing and it is using the same ram air hood design that was first revealed in the GM Design studio's photo of the then proposed Z/28 model which is similar to the current TF3 edition Bumble Bee Camaro. So my take on all this cross sharing between GM and SLP is that nothing is off the table when it comes to what the name may be, ZL-1 or what ever it will be called. If GM can let SLP use it's designed products on their cars, I am sure that SLP can surely let GM use it's products seeing how the ZL editions are limited edition runs each year. Just a little food for thought.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #368
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
If GM can let SLP use it's designed products on their cars, I am sure that SLP can surely let GM use it's products seeing how the ZL editions are limited edition runs each year. Just a little food for thought.
SLP was inspired by GM's design...is a much more accurate statement. They don't do the same close work that they used to...I think the bulk of that dissappeared when GM took the "Z28-SS" production in-house for the final years of the 4th gen.

SLP designed that hood themselves. The fact is looks eerily similar to what we thought was an early Z28 rendition is...intentional coincidence.

So there may be more truth to that ZL-1 'factoid' than we think. I don't know for sure, though.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #369
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Thanks for the info even tho we still cannot say for sure what moniker the "Ultra Z" will hold.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #370
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
Thanks for the info even tho we still cannot say for sure what moniker the "Ultra Z" will hold.
Which sucks....I wanna know!!!!

Hopefully they'll figure it out soon, though. Think of all the marketing material and records and badging and embroidery....they've got to get the name nailed down!!!

And I just want to let slip:

I vote
Z28!!

Thank you.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #371
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I think they might want to honor the place where th camaro will be made and will just call it
Zed....

Old 01-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #372
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
I think they might want to honor the place where th camaro will be made and will just call it
Zed....

HELL NO.....(no offense Canadian friends)....ZEEEEEeeeee
Old 01-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #373
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
But go look at those spy shots again....consider that the fronts are 285s....and then see how big the rears look in comparison? 330 might actually be legit! Z06 has 275f 325r.....

I can imagine from an engineering/handling perspective they wanted to keep that rear end STUCK when you accelerate out of a corner...and that's very hard to do with 'standard' rubber (look no further than the GT500).

A lot of posts in here........I was going to try and read them all....back when it was only 8 pages long....so I guess I'll have to start here.
I would think maybe a 325 or 335 tire. I've never heard of a 330 tire. I even checked Tirerack for a 330/20" tire and there were zero results.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #374
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I would think maybe a 325 or 335 tire. I've never heard of a 330 tire. I even checked Tirerack for a 330/20" tire and there were zero results.
Could be. Either way they're friggin' WIDE......which alone will help to put the performance of it over the top.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #375
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Could be. Either way they're friggin' WIDE......which alone will help to put the performance of it over the top.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #376
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Quote:

Yeah I just looked again at the spy shots of that Z28(HP), they do look wicked in the back. I wonder what those replacement tires are going to run, oh well its only money.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #377
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
It was called a Z/28 from it's very first presentation to the automotive press in 1967 (October of that year I think). So it was called and named Z/28 from the day it was announced, it took a while before they decided to put emblems on them, originally in '67/'68 the wide "rally stripes" were Z/28 only, so they felt no need to put emblems on them. Eventually the stripes could be ordered on any Camaro.
Clyde
Rally stripes only came on Z/28s, Z10s, and Z11s.

Last edited by Fightinfire921; 01-15-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #378
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
You forgot convertible, first gen. Z/28s could not be ordered as a vert. Though there was one built for Pete Estes, who if I remember correctly was a Chevy VP back in the day.
Clyde
The convertible was a model not an option. UPC C05 was used to indicate the top color when a convertible was ordered.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 chevy camaro z28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, cobra killer, hp edition model, new camaro z28, new z28, sexy beast coming soon, z28 forum, z28 forums