Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd-camaro View Post
where are your leaks? I noticed the clamp from my exhuast to the cats is little bit loose even when i tighten it up all the way. it is the stock clamp. Is yours like this? after it warms up then it tightens up.
That's the problem with mine. Factory clamps weren't there previous owner had the stock cats welded to the exhaust he had put in. Such a headache exhaust is 2 inch instead of the factory 2 1/4 and the bbk cats are 2 1/2 so I'm using clamps from the parts store and collectors to get the pipes sealed but I may have to weld em if the clamps don't work. Which sucks cus I need to take em out to pass emission when I go.
Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #30
rd-camaro

Drives: 2010 2LT Blk IOM stripes IO leather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
That's the problem with mine. Factory clamps weren't there previous owner had the stock cats welded to the exhaust he had put in. Such a headache exhaust is 2 inch instead of the factory 2 1/4 and the bbk cats are 2 1/2 so I'm using clamps from the parts store and collectors to get the pipes sealed but I may have to weld em if the clamps don't work. Which sucks cus I need to take em out to pass emission when I go.
i started the to have the same issue. My stock band clamps were loose even when i tightened them down all the way. I ended up buying 2 1/2" band clamps from these guys and they are top quality. i believe they have "stepped" band clamps also which might be the best answer for your issue.

http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...ps-and-Flanges
Corsa Catback, Injen Wrinkle Black Short Ram Intake, 8000k BI XENON Bulbs, LED Fog Bulbs, RX Oil Catch Can, VMax Black Ice-olater, CNC spiral ported Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, BBK LT Ceramic Silver Headers

TEAM LLT

Ordered: June 2009
Born: September 2009
Delivered: October 2009
rd-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #31
rd-camaro

Drives: 2010 2LT Blk IOM stripes IO leather
quick question.... i am hearing a ticking noise coming from underneath the car. it isnt constant but happens often during idle and driving. i can hear it in the cab and outside the cab. i checked for leaks and i dont have any. sounds like it is coming from my the x pipe of my corsa.
Corsa Catback, Injen Wrinkle Black Short Ram Intake, 8000k BI XENON Bulbs, LED Fog Bulbs, RX Oil Catch Can, VMax Black Ice-olater, CNC spiral ported Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, BBK LT Ceramic Silver Headers

TEAM LLT

Ordered: June 2009
Born: September 2009
Delivered: October 2009
rd-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #32
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Look up Tyler from JDP on here. He might be able to hook you up with a really good deal.
Hey, just saw this! Thanks for the referral!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
is it the username JDP Motorsports?
Mine is Sales@JDP. JDP Motorsports would be Jordan. Although with how much we have going on in the shop he doesn't have time to get on here much anymore. For the quickest response, give us a call or send me a PM or email.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote