Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
Sourcing drive shaft

So I'm in east Texas and my center support bearing appears to be slowly getting worse on the car or I notice it more with the city driving.

I looked online at the g8 install replacing the $60 part(which didn't look horrible) , but I'm lacking on tools or help so thinking it may be better to just swap the whole driveshaft. Then I would just need to replace the bolts?

Anyone know if good places to source one in E-TX? I found one for auto on Ebay for 125 but I always worry how that'll turn out.
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Try Longview Gear and Axle. I sold them their balancer years ago. Nice, honest guys. I believe Ronny is one of the owners.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #3
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
Thanks. I'll look them up
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #4
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
Thanks. I'll look them up
Tell em, Dave from ’Axiline’ sent you! Seriously.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:04 AM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
There are many vendors that sell replacement drivelines and bearings. And competent places like a real good tire store to do them also... http://www.driveshaftshop.com/ has lots of aftermarket driveshafts for built Camaros, the two piece design with the bearing in the middle on the support https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

more specific # 15...… https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-p...umber=22810753 Driveshafts two piece and expensive and it could be some of the flubber,( joke actual rubber three bolt through connectors to the different driveshaft pieces); connectors or something else, and a manual trans stock does not come with a output bearing support at the rear of the trans which is a nice aftermarket mod PITA; so you should get it on a rack and have it checked out first, and automatic or manual makes a difference in lots of cars for driveshaft lengths etc...… Good Luck. Just noise down in that area could be heat shield coming loose etc...….