Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #1
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Parking Garages (Sports Events)

Has anyone taken their car to a sports game and parked in a garage?

I am taking my Father (Father's day gift) and my Son to a Nationals game coming up and would really like to take the car.

The last few games I have gone to I took the metro in, but I bought parking in one of the close Garages for this one.

My dad said he would drive so I don't have to take the car, but think it would be really cool to take it with three generations of Sandmen.

I would definitely try to find an end spot, but they may direct where people park.

Not sure how big the spots are there, or what to expect really. Maybe I should just let him drive.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:21 AM   #2
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
You never know whose going to park next to you. I park anywhere and everywhere with out any door dings yet. But one time a guy in a parking garage put half empty slushy sonic cup on top of my car. I took it as a sign of jealousy.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
Sandman1969

Yeah I was really lucky with my 2LT and would much rather drive the 2SS up there. My dad would enjoy it as he is a muscle car man at heart. Showed me all I know about engines in my youth.

I am leaning on taking it and just being careful. It's just a car.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:00 AM   #4
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
I went to a game at Nats stadium July 5th this year. We had a spot in B garage I think, the entire first floor is reserved for Lexus VIPs or Lexuses or something, they had reserved signs on then. They dont direct where you park. You might be able to go to the roof of the garage and get lucky but then you will have to wait for everyone else to leave before you can. It will fill up fast so if you can get there right as the garage opens if you want to pick your spot
AGM 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:03 AM   #5
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
I'd be more excited about setting off every single car alarm in the garage!! But I'd drive up to a higher level to find an end spot to prevent any door dings.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #6
Sandman1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM 1LE View Post
I went to a game at Nats stadium July 5th this year. We had a spot in B garage I think, the entire first floor is reserved for Lexus VIPs or Lexuses or something, they had reserved signs on then. They dont direct where you park. You might be able to go to the roof of the garage and get lucky but then you will have to wait for everyone else to leave before you can. It will fill up fast so if you can get there right as the garage opens if you want to pick your spot
Awesome information, Thanks! That is the garage I am parking at.

Does their site say when the garage opens? The game starts at 7:05pm. Only have found when the park gates open so far.

NVM, found it opens 3 hours prior to game. Hmmm, will need to leave a little earlier than I planned. But hey, just means off work earlier. Win, win.

I also noticed that the B Garage prices show
Garage B (MVP) $47 ($49)

I paid $49 so I guess that means MVP parking?

Old 07-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #7
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
You bought the car to enjoy it, so enjoy it. If your going to ruin the night worrying then take the beater. All your going to get from here is park far away but that might not be an option.
I always go out of my way to avoid parking next to someone but I doesn't stop me from driving my car.

Advice! Park next to nice cars. (expensive cars)
They are typically more cautious.

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:11 AM   #8
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Taking your car there is like taking your car to walmart/target x100, DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:14 AM   #9
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
We have taken the car to some similar parking situations and have always been able to find a good spot (usually end spot). It takes some patience, and getting there a bit early can help, but it sounds like that might be the plan anyway since it seems yuo guys are going to make a day out of it. Enjoy. It should be awesome!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #10
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Taking your car there is like taking your car to walmart/target x100, DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!
We park at Walmart once a week. There are good spots. I have never had a problem.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:29 AM   #11
Sandman1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
We have taken the car to some similar parking situations and have always been able to find a good spot (usually end spot). It takes some patience, and getting there a bit early can help, but it sounds like that might be the plan anyway since it seems yuo guys are going to make a day out of it. Enjoy. It should be awesome!
Yeah I think I have made up my mind to drive my car. It should definitely be a ton of fun and hopefully a good game. Hoping Cherzer is pitching.

Definitely looking forward to the evening with my dad and my son. Great seats on the third baseline

Old 07-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #12
Ippon14

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet 2ssRs1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman1969 View Post
Yeah I think I have made up my mind to drive my car. It should definitely be a ton of fun and hopefully a good game. Hoping Cherzer is pitching.

Definitely looking forward to the evening with my dad and my son. Great seats on the third baseline
This ^^^^
Ippon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #13
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
IMO i wouldnt, DC streets are crap, and then have to worry about some Ahole dinging your doors. if you are asking about taking the car or not, that means that you care about your car and don't want any damage done to it. so why take it?, just take your pops car and leave it at that. with a great car, comes great sacrifices.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:09 AM   #14
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Just find a spot where there is already a car next to it then try to make it out of the game before everyone else does.\

Enjoy the game with your dad and son. It should be a blast.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote