#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-23-2018, 10:50 AM   #99
Baginoman

Drives: 2018 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Man View Post
It still works here. You just have to do a little creative shipping.
As in shipping to somebody you know from out of state?
Baginoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:31 PM   #100
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
Happy breathing

July of 2017
Over 14Kmiles daily driven - on and off the track -
Mine is the less famous bad one on the left.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #101
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabloma View Post
Roto fab 1, I just got one for my ZL1 1LE, not installed yet. My Third one, 13 ZL1 and 15 2SS 1LE, all awesome.

I have done a considerable amount of dyno work and engine work on Carbureted cars ( yes Im old and yes thats why not of my cars have carbs) Is the less torque from lack of intake velocity or another factor?
Like previous mentioned a few less pounds of torque is probably benificial for us.

Do you have a suggestion for mounting an oil catch can, maybe get a pipe thread to dual hose barb? do you guys carry one?

Thanks for great products!
Tabloma,

Here are a few more dyno sheets for your review. We have been receiving great dyno information and feedback on this system! It has been a real winner with the 6th gen ZL1.

Dyno comparison from Aikman Performance. Roto-fab CAI vs. Stock, testing performed on an otherwise stock ZL1, "no tune"

Unfortunately, we don't offer the correct fitting for the catch can you mentioned above. Thanks for your interest!

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:49 PM   #102
Tabloma

Drives: Red ZL1
Thanks, Is the threaded fitting on the tube the proper place for it? I can fab something up I'm sure.
2018 Red Hot ZL1 A10 (traded in)
2015 Z/28 Red Hot w/ GM Wickerbill (traded in)
2009 Siverado 2500HD (Tows and Plows)
2010 Cadillac CTS (Wifes driver)
2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition (Wife’s car)
2014 Subie Outback (My driver)
Cushman Minute Misers and Scooter
Cushman Minute Miser used parts abundance
ASE Certified Master Mechanic
ASE Certified Master Collision Repair Technician
Tabloma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #103
Stealth7

Drives: Gen V Viper GTS
If I am reading these Roto Fab dynos correctly, the only "loss" of rwtrq from the Roto Fab Intake occurs between 0-1800rpms on the first dyno; on the second dyno there are no losses at all. Is this correct? This appears to conflict with results experienced by others, both on rwtrq. and on the amount of rwhp gains.

My Roto Fab is here and I am waiting for the Borla Exhaust to complete the install at the same time, so your comments are appreciated!
Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:16 PM   #104
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth7 View Post
If I am reading these Roto Fab dynos correctly, the only "loss" of rwtrq from the Roto Fab Intake occurs between 0-1800rpms on the first dyno; on the second dyno there are no losses at all. Is this correct? This appears to conflict with results experienced by others, both on rwtrq. and on the amount of rwhp gains.

My Roto Fab is here and I am waiting for the Borla Exhaust to complete the install at the same time, so your comments are appreciated!
The results do vary from all of the dynos we have seen, but we have been very happy with the overall dyno testing results, seeing consistent gains from 20-25+ HP with no tune required!
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:19 PM   #105
Stealth7

Drives: Gen V Viper GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
The results do vary from all of the dynos we have seen, but we have been very happy with the overall dyno testing results, seeing consistent gains from 20-25+ HP with no tune required!
The slight rwhp gain sounds good, but what about loss of rwtrq., especially on the low end but anywhere as well? Would like to avoid gaining 20+rwhp and losing 30+rwtrq.

Thanks, and looking forward to your clarification.
Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #106
777Jackpot777

Drives: 2018 ZL1, 2018 Tahoe RST Edition
Does anyone have a definite answer on if the rotofab will void warranty?
777Jackpot777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:25 AM   #107
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Jackpot777 View Post
I’d say, keep the OEM close...
If you have an issue one day switch back OEM (30min ish) before going to the car dealer.
He won’t know anything about your rotofab.
You could even switch on the side of the road before towing...
(Doesn’t need so much tools and time)
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:38 AM   #108
MaskedRacerX

Drives: Now: GT/PP Vert, Future: ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Jackpot777 View Post
A complete warranty won't be "voided" (implying nothing on the car would be covered ...), but if a dealer can correlate a failure to the aftermarket part, then they can specifically refuse coverage on that specific issue.

Where it gets a little tricky, is what's reasonable and how much damage can be related to the part - a motor grenades because of a simple air intake? Seems like a stretch, but they be able to spin water ingestion, etc.

Power windows go out on a car with a catback exhaust? You're more than likely going to get them fixed, no questions asked.

Rear end blows up on a car with a tune/intake? Dealer can say it exceeded the design tolerances of the OEM rear components.

Something easily returned to stock like an intake, I wouldn't sweat, keeping in mind, if you really want to CYA in the event of related issue, re-install the OEM parts. I'm assuming the Camaro ECU has the same issue as most cars, where a dealer can deep dive and determine if it's ever been modified, so also be aware you might have something done that's reversible but leaves a trace.

I had a buddy get nailed on a BMW tune because a service writer noticed some tampering via "visual inspection", then they did some kind of flash review, saw one that had improperly signed data, said, no warranty coverage (N54 turbo motor). On the other hand, I've got a GT with several things done, I'm good friends with the service manager, he's even gone so far as to remove and re-install my tune

FWIW, I'm shopping a ZL1 (convertible), and I will definitely be installing a Rotofab at the bare minimum.
MaskedRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote