Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-31-2018, 08:19 AM   #1
suzook1300

Drives: 2012 Zl1
reduced power mode

Just had a SBE 2012 LSA motor built and tuned by very reputable businesses here in Texas. The car made 725 to the wheels on pump gas but on the dyno, the power dropped off very rapidly at 6200 rpm. The tuner said it looked like valve, float and his software showed that the throttle body was still 100 open. The car has a Dedicated Motorsports "She gone" cam by Texas speed, 255 heads with 660 springs also by Texas Speed, and a NW 102 throttle body, "non Boosted" as I was told by a vendor that the boosted version was only needed if running high boost and a centrifugal blower. I am running 14 lbs of boost through a ported TVS stock blower. On the street the car pulls great through about 6k, then it goes into limp mode and I get the "service stabilitrac" warning. This happens at exactly the same rpm every run. Could it be that the boost is pulling the throttle blade closed, seeing as to how it is the non boosted versionn of the throttle body. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue. Thanks
suzook1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #2
suzook1300

Drives: 2012 Zl1
Repaired!!!

The supercharger was pulling the throttle blade closed on the non-boosted model. Replaced it with a boosted NW throttle body and no issues. Beware, If you are running a supercharger of any kind, I would spend the money and go with the boosted version of the throttle body. I was told by a sponsor on here that I would only need the boosted version if running a centrifugal blower, not blaming anyone because possibly nobody had come across this issue before with a factory blower, but spend your money wisely and get the upgraded throttle body unless you are NA.
suzook1300 is offline   Reply With Quote