Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #141
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
I can't imagine this voids a warranty. In order for GM to call the warranty void, they would have to prove that the modification caused the defect in question. The only thing I would imagine would get you is if the valves burned up or the EGR and/or CO2 sensors malfunctioned. That could conceivably be linked to exhaust. If the battery blows up, they'd have a tough time proving exhausts (that weren't even welded on) caused it.
This won't cause burned valves. This was a small concern back in the day when running short open headers because carburators couldn't automatically compensate for the increased airflow, causing the engine to run lean. With fuel injection the computer can compensate for this automatically. And since the diverters are after the cats, and therefor after the O2 sensors, it shouldn't mess with anything.

I do believe I'll be getting this instead of a catback.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #142
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I'm not saying it would...but the fact of the matter is that it could...and therefore cause justification for voiding the warranty.

It's a stretch, but this is also warranty work we're talking about and there would be some serious debates by the dealer.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #143
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Yeah but you've still got the stock manifolds and cats on there. Assuming this car didn't have fuel injection and 15 different sensors measuring data to provide a good A/F ratio, the manifolds and cats would provide enough back pressure to prevent it. Burned valves would be probably the last thing you'd have to worry about with this setup.

But if that's not enough to calms your fears, ask NOWEEDS if they've ever had anyone burn valves with this setup.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #144
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
That video just (re)sold me. I was riveted by the camaro since i saw it in concept form, then i started kind of getting frustrated that I wouldnt be able to afford the best one, then started looking elsewhere, G35's (used) and such. "oh itl be cheaper, and nicer, and ill put in custom audio, la la la da da da" and on and on.

Now I watch this video, and

Dangit. Ill have to settle for cloth for now, but... in a 1SS!!

That throaty roar will be my custom audio.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 PM   #145
Kwaz1335
The Kwaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Kwaz1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
I could probably check on the website, but for everyone here...what's the warranty on the actuators?
I was wondering the exact same thing...is there any kind of warranty say these this should break with normal use? $950.00 may not seem much..but to the average joe working like crazy to even get this car who "wants the sound" with the car cause the stock system sucks so much of it out of it..that is a lot of money
Picked up and brought home 6/26/2009
2010 Black on Black SS/RS Camaro
Silver stripe package
Ground effects package
6 Speed Manual Transmission with Hurst short throw, Magnuson Supercharger, SLP loudmouth 1 kit.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #146

Drives: 1937 chevy
Im curious what that would feel like sitting in the car and pushing the button for the first time. Does Dakota Digital warranty the switch because when I get my set I have a feeling Im gonna run that switch all day long.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:57 PM   #147
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 301247 View Post
Im curious what that would feel like sitting in the car and pushing the button for the first time. Does Dakota Digital warranty the switch because when I get my set I have a feeling Im gonna run that switch all day long.
Hah me too!

That car sounds beastly!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:26 PM   #148
now

Drives: silverado ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow2010 View Post
Can we order this part now (today) or is it still in the works? I would really like to purchase one.
Yup. We spent weeks on designing and building the dies, welding fixtures, cutting/stamping jigs, all for the Camaro you see here.

There were two ways to approach this.

1. Hack together some parts on sight and hope you take good enough notes to take back and build fixtures that hopefully would fit the same way as what ya just built- but, there would be no guarantee untill you saw yet another install. Then if you confirm the 2nd install then production could start.

or

2. Invest the time and money up front based on accurate 3D geometry directly from General motors and build the fixtures that will produce a perfect part 1st. If it fits- Keep building them.

We chose the latter and it was perfect so its ready to go.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #149
tommy boy

Drives: 2010 SS
I'll do it

Hi Noweeds.

I'm in Iowa. When my yellow SS gets out of quality control I will trailer it up to you and you can slam em on her. Car was built 3/29 so god only knows when I'll get it. tomorrow or july of 2010 ???

let me know what you think.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #150
now

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post

But if that's not enough to calms your fears, ask NOWEEDS if they've ever had anyone burn valves with this setup.
Never. We have done installs on fuel injected and carburated v6's, v8's, turbocharged 4cyl cars, motorcycles, Peterbuilt trucks, front wheel assist big assed John Deere tractors, Cummings and Duramax diesels, Z06 vettes, 1400hp supercharged blown nitrous fed camaros etc, etc, etc, over the past 10 years and NEVER burned valves, or had a computer that was pissed, or any other motor related problems on anything we have installed our product on since day one.

Im not saying it won't ever happen but in 10years we are still at 100% and I can pretty much bet that the Camaro on the dyno would have given us a trouble code if it was anywhere close to a dangerous level of being unable to correct the a/f mix. I would be nervous too with a 38k+ car and hopefully this track record helps ease some tension.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:59 PM   #151
now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy boy View Post
Hi Noweeds.

I'm in Iowa. When my yellow SS gets out of quality control I will trailer it up to you and you can slam em on her. Car was built 3/29 so god only knows when I'll get it. tomorrow or july of 2010 ???

let me know what you think.
Awesome

We typically don't do installs because quite honestly, its easier to install this product then it is to put together a bar-b-que grille. Especially on this car. This was the simplest install we have ever done by a mile. If you are still uncomfortable with that though, or your local shop doesn't want to tackle it, we can sure work somethin' out. Keep in touch. Congrats on the build! You should have her soon... Believe me- its well worth the wait for this car.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:17 AM   #152
now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaz1335 View Post
I was wondering the exact same thing...is there any kind of warranty say these this should break with normal use? $950.00 may not seem much..but to the average joe working like crazy to even get this car who "wants the sound" with the car cause the stock system sucks so much of it out of it..that is a lot of money
Dakota Digital is putting together some warranty info for us and we should have it soon. I've never been concerned about warranties because their stuff is of insane high quality with an almost non existent failure rate.

When they get that for me ill put together theirs and our warranties all in one post. Thanks for patience on this.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:23 AM   #153
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Hey Noweeds, these are awsome! I think it would be alot easier to tell everybody the downfalls(I sure dont see any) to the diverters. I will be getting a set of these rom you guys shortly. I will replace the stock mufflers with smaller flowmaster mufflers, that way no matter what it will sound mean. The three button settings on mine will be "Mean", "Really Mean", and "Hey, I thought that mustang wanted to race." LOL Group Buy???
Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 AM   #154
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Oh, and as for the guys wondering about the reliability of the Dakota Digital actuators, I have used these things in all kinds of custom situations, Amp racks that rise out of speaker boxes, making screens come out of the dash, ect... These things are VERY reliable and if they are using this quality of a product then they arent skimping anywhere.

Closed Thread

Tags
cutout, diverter, electric, exhaust, mufflers