Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Dtrimpi87's 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS build

Index:
Page 1, Post 1
Page 1, Post 11
Page 1, Post 14
Page 1, Post 15
Page 1, Post 16
Page 1, Post 22

Im bored tonight so I thought I'd finally throw together a build thread. Nothing too special yet but I love everything I've done and I cant stop modding. Everything is pretty much cosmetic as I'm not ready to say goodbye to my powertrain warranty yet but every day I'm getting closer.

I purchased "Lexi" on 4/20/2012. She is a 2010 2SS/RS. Just beautiful. I bought her Certified Pre-Owned from Bob Stall Chevrolet In La Mesa, CA. She has more miles on her than I would of liked but I got a smoking deal on her that I couldn't pass up. I've always wanted a Camaro for as long as I could remember but never had the opportunity. I finally had the opportunity. These last 2 months have lots of fun with seemingly non stop modding and meeting tons of new people. I'ts just what I needed at this point in my life.

Quick shout out to SoCal Camaro5! You guys are awesome!

Mod list:

Performance-
-K&N Typhoon intake
-StainlessWorks 3" Retro Chambered catback

Cosmetics-
-20% tint all around
-Night Shades NS-1 vinyls in gloss blue metallic
-BigWorm trunk blackout strip, gill accents, charcoal tail light black outs
-AAC Oracle concept side markers
-AAC Oracle ColorShift 2.0 headlight and DRL halos
-AAC Oracle RGB Dynamic mail slot scanner
-DRL harness
-6000K LED DRL bulbs
-6000k LED license plate bulbs
-Blue anodized billet aluminum pedals
-Vertical Doors
-TSW Stowe wheels

Let's get started:

I cant stand driving vehicles without tinted windows so of course that is the first thing I had to. 20% all around with a 20% windshield strip

So Lexi is now looking great with her tinted windows and I cant drive her enough. The next addition was the K&N Typhoon intake. It's okay but I'm debating on changing it.

Time for a new look. While the stock Camaro looks amazing, I needed something that stands out from the crowd. Something to make my Camaro my own. Thats where Night Shades and Big Worm Graphics came in.

-Night Shades NS-1 vinyls
-BigWorm Graphics trunk black out strip, gill accents, and charcoal tailight and sidemarker black out set

Now were talking!! Loving the new look!!!!!

I think I made it about a week before Apex Chase hooked me up with the Stainless Works 3" Retro Chambered Catback. Holy crap did that give Lexi a new attitude. Sounds amazing. Thanks Chase!!!

Next came AAC Oracle concept side markers. I love these things. Small little lights but man do they make a visual statement.

Used left over viny from my stripes to color match my emblems

Next comes a mod I was on the fence about. You either love them or hate them or hate them, and those are vertical doors. I think they go great on the 5th gen Camaro. I took a trip up to Vertical Doors Inc. for my install. I think it turned out great and I love them now that I have them.

A couple days later it's time for new wheels. Lexi got outfitted with TSW Stowe 20x10 in the rear and 20x8.5 in the front. Im a sucker for 5 spoke wheels and these fit my style perfect.

Uh oh, time for a little drive and photo shoot

Fast forward to 6/24/2012

New blue billet aluminum pedals

6/28/2012

Finished my semi custom AAC Oracle ColorShift 2.0 headlight and DRL halos along with an RGB Dynamic mail slot scanner thanks to Jonathan and Matthew at AAC.

Well, that is my progress over the last 2 months. I think I've done pretty well but I have tons more on my mods list. Thank you all for taking the time to view this and I will continue to update this thread as my build progresses.

Last edited by Dtrimpi87; 09-03-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
love the halos!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Looks good I love the NS-1 Stripe Kit, I plan on getting it for my car sometime.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Car looks amazing man love the halos and stripes , as for the lambo doors they look great ,one question are they easy to use and do they have good access ? Some say they they need to be aligned on regular bassis or get f#%!d up after a while ,is this true? And which kit did u use?
Old 07-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Congrats on the car Dtrimpi87, it was nice meeting and cruising with you last week. It's coming along great. You've done a lot in a few short months. Enjoy!
Old 07-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Hey ride is looking sweet keep it up, look forward to more mods and photos in the future!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Looking good, man. Really like those halos!!

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #8
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
love the halos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Looks good I love the NS-1 Stripe Kit, I plan on getting it for my car sometime.
Thanks man. In my opinion the NS-1 stripes are the best looking stripes out there. Don't get me wrong, theres other that are awesome but for my my tastes the NS-1 stripes just hit the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Hey ride is looking sweet keep it up, look forward to more mods and photos in the future!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Looking good, man. Really like those halos!!
Thanks everyone, the great comments really mean a lot to me coming from people with such Camaro's. I've never had as much fun with any vehicle that I've owned as I've had with my Camaro the last 2 months.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Congrats on the car Dtrimpi87, it was nice meeting and cruising with you last week. It's coming along great. You've done a lot in a few short months. Enjoy!
Thanks GunnyG! It was nice meeting you as well. I wish I would have gotten a chance to talk to you more. I finally got to see Da Whale in person though, looking sweet!!!! I really like your 24/22 wheel combo.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #10
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Car looks amazing man love the halos and stripes , as for the lambo doors they look great ,one question are they easy to use and do they have good access ? Some say they they need to be aligned on regular bassis or get f#%!d up after a while ,is this true? And which kit did u use?
Thanks man! Yes the lambo doors are real easy to use after you get used to them. They were a little tough to pull down sitting in the car at first but it gets easier as the shocks break in. I'm used to it now so I dont even think about it anymore. Using them has become second nature. I have the kit from Vertical Doors Inc. They are only about an hour away from me so I drove up there and had them do the install. I've gone vertical with the doors everytime i've gotten in my car since I had them installed and they are still in perfect alignment. I know from people that ive talked to that the "other" vertical door kits are full of problems such as alignment issues. The hinges from VDI are really strong and thick. You would really have to put some extreme force on the doors to tweak the hinges. If you like the vertical door look I would definitely recommend them to you. I wasn't quite sure I was going to be happy with them but after they were installed im so glad i went through with it. They are definitely an attention getter. Oh yes, and to answer your other question, yes the vertical doors give you TONS more room to get in and out of the car. Being a big guy (6'5" 300lbs) that is one of the main reasons they interested me. If someone parks close to you its alot easier to just go vertical and get in instead of trying to keep the door from hitting the other car.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #11
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Won my first trophy at a local show today.

"Best New School"

The 4th of July sales sucked me in so I have quite a few new things coming over the next couple weeks so stay tuned.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #12
whiteknight012

Drives: 2011 CAMARO RS (1LT) CGM/BLK
Good info about the lambo doors...I've wondered about that stuff as well. I've also heard on some kits that you have to open them OUT before you can go vertical, but based on your last comment about them I assume that's not the case?

Great work on the colors, too...you really have a good look going there!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #13
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
welcome to head turners brother , we're extremely happy you joined our exclusive club , let the head turning begin :-D
Old 08-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #14
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Time to update the thread again with some new mods.

July 28th, 2012 I installed some new performance upgrades:

-Stainless Power long tube headers from Stainless Works
-StainlessWorks hi-flow cats
-CAI Inc, intake
-JRE scoop
-Jannetty custom tune

Really happy with the new performance. The Stainless Power long tube headers sound AMAZING through the StainlessWorks 3" retro chambered catback. The Jannetty tune really woke the car up. In sport and manual mode the shifts are so firm and quick its almost ridiculous.
Attached Images