Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-23-2015, 07:57 AM   #29
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
the cars are there to show the public why they should walk into their local dealership and buy that new car.

Anything that can be stolen off of those cars like radio knobs etc will also be stolen.

It is advertising.
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:58 AM   #30
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Here's the deal: It is a GM "show car". They anticipate this kind of stuff. They ship this car all over the country to many shows, then "retire" it. Don't get me wrong, the kid is still an imbecile, but it's a GM marketing car. If it were an actual car show and it was somebody's actual vehicle, then I would be more upset.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:01 AM   #31
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Here's the deal: It is a GM "show car". They anticipate this kind of stuff. They ship this car all over the country to many shows, then "retire" it. Don't get me wrong, the kid is still an imbecile, but it's a GM marketing car. If it were an actual car show and it was somebody's actual vehicle, then I would be more upset.
What do you mean "retire" it? Please tell me how you know this?
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:11 AM   #32
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
You're missing the point here. It doesn't matter whose car it is or if they are going to crush it next month. If it is not your property, hands off.

Learn some respect.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:37 AM   #33
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
What do you mean "retire" it? Please tell me how you know this?
They're not going to be shipping this car to shows 3 years down the road. It will be long gone and forgotten about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
You're missing the point here. It doesn't matter whose car it is or if they are going to crush it next month. If it is not your property, hands off.

Learn some respect.
I agree and I'm not missing the point. I see these cars at shows all the time. People crawling on them/in them. Scuffing the seats, paint, etc.. I just shake my head and walk away. It's nobody's car. It is a marketing tool. Do I get annoyed at the lack of respect? Sure. Would I be more inclined to say something if it were in fact somebody' personal car? Hell yes. Here's an example of respect, or lack thereof: A couple weeks back, I went to my local dealer and looked at their Z/28. A salesman came over and we started looking at the car. He popped the hood and had his hand resting on the paint while "clicking" his wedding ring on it. I looked up and almost gasped. I though, "What the Hell are you doing? This is a $75,000 car that is for sale on your showroom floor.". That is a lack of respect!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 02-23-2015, 08:39 AM   #34
mdolandese

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Victory Red Vert
I agree so many people are disrespectful and think nothing of it. My ZL1 means the world to me and it really makes me angry when someone says it's only a car. What are they thinking? Why are people like that? It literally make me want todo this to them!!!
mdolandese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:42 AM   #35
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
I can remember an incident many years ago, I was 20 years old with a brand new '69 Z/28, parked in a shopping center hundreds of feet from any other cars, as I walked out the store and toward my car, some idiot pulled up right next to my car, got out and promptly hit my Z with his door putting a small crease in the door. I hollered out to him and he said "what's your problem" and kept going, I proceeded to pull a tire iron out of the trunk and beat his car to pieces. Didn't fix my Z, but perhaps he learned something!
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #36
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I've seen people do this before. No one cares if the car belongs to someone else; Heck I've seen people do this to their own car. I get concerned when I see tomfoolery around my own cars or property. One will need to be prepared for battle if I spot something like that on one of mine.

It is because of these poor acts that I do not take my significant cars to venues unsupervised!!!!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #37
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
It's a car show. The manufacturers put the cars there expecting people to climb all over them. They don't care.

You cannot project feelings about if it was your car because the owners of these cars want you to touch them. That's why they put them there.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:02 AM   #38
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
It's a car show. The manufacturers put the cars there expecting people to climb all over them. They don't care.

You cannot project feelings about if it was your car because the owners of these cars want you to touch them. That's why they put them there.
Thank you. You get it.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #39
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
Had an old man actually sit in my 55' Belair at a car show and start messing with the dash. I walked up calmly and asked him if it was his car. He said no, that he was "just looking." I looked at him and said "I know because its my car, now get out, I don't touch your wife, you don't touch my car"
I have used a similar line. "How would you feel If I walked up and just grabbed your wife and start hugging her"?
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:55 AM   #40
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
I had that happen to me when I was younger and much more dumb, the guy said the exact same thing, but in a threatening way. It caused a HUGE crease in my new "sweet ass eclipse"and I watched it happen out of carelessness . I proceeded to kick in his side panel. He watched in horror. I asked if he cared now? He got in his car and left. I feel ashamed of it to an extent, but I feel satisfied knowing he just may never smash someones door out of carelessness again.
That's something he'll remember. Not recommended, but by doing that he realized it was more than "just a car", and his opinion didn't matter. I wouldn't have been ashamed, some people just are just that way, they don't take care of anything they own.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:18 AM   #41
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
If somebody damaged my property and then told me to ``cool it`` that person would not have a nice day.
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #42
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
With my luck, if I damaged someone else's car in retaliation for someone's neglect, I'd be the one in trouble.

Probably better off, once they walk away from their car, just draining the air out of all their tires.