Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #85
SSMagna
FAST1

Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
It never ends.... Good luck with your build. To me that's the best part except for the first burnout.
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #86
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Trans was sent out today to be taken apart and checked. Hopefully it's fine seeing that it was torn apart last month and checked and was mint.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #87
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Trans was sent out today to be taken apart and checked. Hopefully it's fine seeing that it was torn apart last month and checked and was mint.
Do you have a contingency if there's something wrong with it? Repair or upgraded replacement?
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #88
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
Do you have a contingency if there's something wrong with it? Repair or upgraded replacement?
Just repair it at this time. If there is anything wrong, which I don't think there is, it will be minor. Since it's out of the car and there is time it's foolish to not look at it. The trans is rated for 1200 rwhp. If it's breaks at less than 8 than it doesn't look good for the future.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #89
Chris82xx

True, I was just thinking that your price to upgrade might be minimal. Replace the parts in the old trans, sell it and recover at least half your losses. But if it's rated for the 1200, you might be good to go. I say might because the YSi is a whole different world then the mighty TVS. Then again, my views on breaking and replacing are naive. I'm the type that if it's broken, no matter how little, I upgrade it. That's just me though.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #90
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
True, I was just thinking that your price to upgrade might be minimal. Replace the parts in the old trans, sell it and recover at least half your losses. But if it's rated for the 1200, you might be good to go. I say might because the YSi is a whole different world then the mighty TVS. Then again, my views on breaking and replacing are naive. I'm the type that if it's broken, no matter how little, I upgrade it. That's just me though.
There is no upgrading that trans. It has all the best parts and then some. They use my car in their add for the 1200 rwhp trans. It would be a swap to a 400 next.

The YSI won't be any harder on parts than what I have now. 790 rwtq at 2800 rpm isn't easy on any parts.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #91
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Sounds fun Jamie, I'm interested to see what Don and yourself can put together, I'm sure fast time slips will be just part of the equation.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #92
Bad Dad

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS , 2011 C6 Base Corvette
It is about getting down the track.
Jamie what block are you guys going to use if I can ask.

SUICIDE BY RACECAR
Bad Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #93
Adadda

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS. L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
There is no upgrading that trans. It has all the best parts and then some. They use my car in their add for the 1200 rwhp trans. It would be a swap to a 400 next.

The YSI won't be any harder on parts than what I have now. 790 rwtq at 2800 rpm isn't easy on any parts.
Glad to see you moving in the right direction, you are in good hands . go ahead and start setting the money aside for the 400. It has by far been one of the best moves me and Matt made on our cars .My only regret was I didnt do it sooner .Let me know if you need any pulleys for the YSi , I think I have everyone known to man from the old setup .
Adadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #94
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad View Post
It is about getting down the track.
Jamie what block are you guys going to use if I can ask.
The brand new ls3 GM block I bought a couple months ago. I'm thinking it will be fine for what I'm doing. I have the old block still that I need to get from the other shop but that one needs to be resleeved.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #95
JimsGN

Drives: 1986 Buick Grand National
contingency plan

Quote:
yea ,if it cost more money Im jumping off the GW Bridge ! We spent about $200,000 in the last four years on both cars the trailers and truck.
Now Im on a fixed income (ss) and living on peanut butter and jelly soufflés waiting for the Nursing Home to let me in but they said I cant bring the GN.
WTF !
JimsGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #96
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsGN View Post
yea ,if it cost more money Im jumping off the GW Bridge ! We spent about $200,000 in the last four years on both cars the trailers and truck.
Now Im on a fixed income (ss) and living on peanut butter and jelly soufflés waiting for the Nursing Home to let me in but they said I cant bring the GN.
WTF !
Hey, I understand you....a $100K here....a $100K there....pretty soon, you're talking about some serious money
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #97
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
MMMM PB n J Soufles........... Easy on the dentures huh Old man?
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #98
Chris82xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsGN View Post
WTF !
Fixed income....I know what that's like. The good thing is that with Medicare, you don't have to worry about the Obamacare. You're better off with the PB souffles. I used to work as a cook at a nursing home. Trust me, stay where you're at.

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!